New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“just dont bother..nice on the outside bad on the inside” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown Nashville

Quality Inn & Suites Downtown Nashville
Ranked #137 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
“just dont bother..nice on the outside bad on the inside”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

left the hotel after half hour. outside looked nice, front and breakfast area also looked nice, however the hallways had stains, some looked like water. door to my room wouldnt close unless I used all my weight to pull open or shut. there was water on bathroom floor from toilet. shower tiles were a mess and filthy wouldnt take a shower in that, sink had board under it. uncomfortable beds n room smelled like mold, also water was under the carpet as though leaking from shower area. lookout hole had tissue paper stuck in it so couldnt use it, when asked for another room was told they were issues with several rooms they were workin on n had no other rooms so I left.. only good thing was the receptionist was friendly and they did offer refund since there were no rooms left. however its been two n a half weeks n charge is still pendin on my card

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank janelle_luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Checked in at 1am, got to our room & was completely disappointed. Room was disgustingly filthy, glass sliding door on ground floor was broken & did not close yet alone lock. Anybody off the street could have broken in! Found a old moldy salad in the fridge. Phone hanging off a nail on the wall. No headboards, Blankets, sheets, pillows, floors were stained. Called down to front desk several times to complain & see about a refund & nobody answered. Went down to front desk to find nobody there. Prostitutes & homeless hanging out front. Horrible neighborhood in the ghetto. Can't say enough horrible things about this hotel. We continplated sleeping in our car but figured that was hazardour to our health as well. Was willing to take a complete loss to get out of there. Couldn't get out quick enough!!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank zoeface
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a nightmare! Stayed only one night before we cancelled the rest and stayed somewhere downtown and a billion, zillion times nicer. The "hotel" was in a terrifying neighborhood and my mom and I were scared for our lives in our hotel room. The sliding glass door to the balcony would not lock so we went to use the phone to call the front desk...except the phone didn't work. They stuck a metal pole in our door to solve the problem. This did nothing and when it fell out the front desk said they could do nothing about it. the tv was old and fuzzy and lost service every couple of minutes. The air conditioner did not work and made a loud noise when turned on. a group of men were constantly outside of the lobby door making sexual remarks to whomever walked in. What appeared to be homeless men sat on the couches in the lobby all night waiting for the free "breakfast". The metal Kleenex box on the wall in the bathroom was rusted and fell out of the wall. what else? when we checked out and cancelled the rest of our reservation the lady at the front desk told us we would not be charged. Our credit card WAS charged for the entire stay and they said they had no recollection of us checking out of the hotel. Terrible neighborhood. 25 minutes away from downtown. This was the worst hotel experience of my life and I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay in this horrible terrible horrible place. oh yeah and the traffic from the highway and the loud screaming in the parking lot kept us up the whole night.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amd62791
Toney, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

As soon as I pulled up, my gut feeling was to leave. There were men standing all around the front entrance and more in the lobby. I asked the two ladies behind the desk why they were there. They explained that they have a "deal" with the truck driving school. I am like ok...went ahead and got keys. It took me forever to find my room and with that I had to walk down the entire corridor from one end to another to find my room because there was only one door that would open. Along the way, half of the hotel looks like it's having renovations. I went into my room and while it was clean I was so uncomfortable I immediately left and went back up front to check out. The ladies asked if there was anything they could do and I told them sorry no. They said they understood and cancelled my reservations with no charge. I went next door to the Comfort Inn and will write a review on that experience but I will say that they will get excellent!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tellot
tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at any price. I feared for my safety. It was extremely loud (highway noise). There were always a group of men loitering outside of the front door who cat called and made sexual remarks. I'm not sure if it was a group of homeless people or customers, or men looking for ladies to pay for the night. I was out of place. I cancelled the rest of my stay. Avoid this place, you'll be safer just about anywhere else. Also, as a bonus....the room was unfinished...no bedside table, wires hanging out of the wall, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mcveg
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I called to plan a stay months in advance. I called later to cancel the trip, but was told that there was no reservations in my name. I asked them to check again so that I am not charged for a room that I did not stay in, but no luck. SO I THOUGHT... I later found out that the person I spoke with did not search, and my trip was not cancled. I was charged for the room. When I called about the charge, they did not have any record of me calling to cancel. I spoke with a Manager, and was told that she could not do anything about it because it was her that I spoke with. I will never stay at a Quality Inn hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ronda J
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were so sorry we did not change our minds with our first impression. The room was not as clean as it should have been. Dust all around the wall area in the entire room, learn how the dust & use the sweeper. We had our dog with us, the pet are leaves a lot to be desireed. Cigarette butts all over the place. A bucket would have cured that. A sliding screen door was leaning agents the wall with a rip screen the entire week we were there. 3 pieces of someone's clothing was on the ground in the pet area the entire week. Our toilet leaked, even though the maids came in & cleaned, somehow the puddle of water remained the entire week. The coffe pot was a single cup pot, & when I asked for more I got 1 packet, had to keep going to breakfast area & take cups up to our room. That is if there was some made, so when it says there is coffee 24/7, that IS not true. My husband slipped on the wet floor, no sign, went to desk to let someone aware & talked to a very rude Puneet Mahan, gen. Mgr. did not ask if he was OK, or offered medical attention & did not suggest he fill out an accident report. I thought this was mandatory when there is an accident on a business property. I guess not in Puneet Mahan's hotel. Jennifer Carver, front desk receptionist could not have been more helpful, helped book events, gave directions just plan went out of her way to accommodate. Jennifer seriously needs to get a job where she is appreciated because Puneet Magan does not even appreciate her position. She does not know how to interact with the public.

Room Tip: Do not stay here