Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East
Ranked #64 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Antioch, Tennessee
“A Perfect Fit!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

As a pro photographer I often use hotel suites as traveling studios for imaging projects, modeling sessions, auditions & consumer sessions. This location was a perfect fit for project were 2 rooms were needed a &specialty (Jacuzzi) room + another room across the hall for prep & storage.

The staff & mgmt was very supportive of of our needs to include a late checkout after running over time due to a bad weather delay. The location was GREAT being close to the airport made providing directions very easy to those who had never been there before. The nearby shopping center proved to be priceless, when I needed to eat there was variety & I was able to find last minute prop items in a grocery store & dollar general store.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

This location is very close to I-40 and the airport which makes its very easy to find. The hotel is clean, but well used. I would think they are full most nights. The staff was friendly and helpful. I found the room to be adequate. The bed was soft and comfortable. The breakfast was good and typical for country inns. Parking is fine and free, ypu wont find this downtown. I think the neighborhood is safe enough. The hotel is on the east end of Nashville and is close to Briley Parkway, where Opry mills and the Opry house is, so this makes the location for visiting there good. The down fall is if you have a am meeting downtown you have about a 30-40 min commute. I would stay here again. The price is line with typical Nashville hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
cx_nsll, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in being the very best in every way from the time you walk in the door. We are to hear your experience with us was enjoying and relaxing and we invite you to come back during your next trip to Nashville. We would like to wish you and family a warm holiday season and a prosperous new year.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My daughter was married in Nashville; all the out of town guested stayed at this hotel. The rooms were not fancy but very clean. The best feature, in the room, was the bathroom shower water pressure and instant hot water! We found the front desk to be very accommodating to our needs. The breakfast room offered a good breakfast selection with plenty of tables for guest to gather at the same time. The hotel is also located close to many attractions and places to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This property was fine, and we were comfortable. However, the staff would be the reason we would not stay again. Most were friendly enough, but they were not knowledgeable at all. I checked in at 2:45 and was given the keys to my room. I went upstairs, and the room was still being cleaned. How could the front desk not have known it wasn't ready? I waited outside the door while she finished, but the housekeeper's son was running around the room, which I really didn't mind, but I did wonder if he was touching things that had been cleaned or rolling around on the freshly made bed. The first morning we awoke to construction noise right outside our window at 7am. It was Saturday, so it was completely unexpected. We stopped at the front desk to see if we could be moved, and the desk clerk said that there were no other available rooms but he would see about getting us a discount for the inconvenience. We thanked him and went on about our day, satisfied that we would receive a discount since we could not change rooms. Later that night, my mom was not feeling well, so we stopped at the desk to ask about where to buy some cold medicine. A different desk clerk told us to get on the freeway and go 'that way' to the next exit and we would find a Walgreens. Keep in mind that we were from out of town, and 'that way' meant nothing to us. He could not tell us to go east or west! We ventured out on our own, and found a Food Lion less than 2 minutes away that was open until 11 and got what we needed. We could not believe that he didn't know to send us there! When we checked out today, the bill was not put under our door like it is at every other hotel we have ever stayed at. I went to the front desk to get a copy, and stood there for 10 minutes while yet another desk clerk (I think it was the manager) looked for the printout and tried to figure out how to print a new one. He looked around again after 10 minutes, and found that it had been laying on the counter the entire time. There was NO discount applied to the bill, and when I asked about it, he asked who I talked to. I said that I spoke to the clerk that was working Saturday morning. He asked again who I talked to. I again said that I talked to the clerk that was working Saturday morning, but that i didn't know his name. He asked me again who I talked to. Really??? He finally said he would take $10 off of our $400 bill - wow, thanks. He was so incredibly rude, that I would not stay there again just for that.

However, the breakfast attendant was extremely nice, helpful and attentive to the guests. The true bright spot of our stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel has a nice appearance on the outside and upon entering. When we first opened the door to our room we noticed a 'musty' smell. In hindsight, we should have asked to see one of the other four available 'whirlpool' rooms. One at the end of the hall would have been preferable as ours was the first room, directly across from the room that housed the commercial washer and dryers. The bed was comfortable and the bedding/towels seemed clean. The whirlpool tub was nice but very loud to fill and drain and more suited for one, then two (and it was difficult getting in/out). Was surprised to see safety pins used to hem the curtains. The shower had very little pressure (my spouse jokingly said they were 'conserving water') Bring your own kleenex, theirs were very rough! The breakfast was just 'ok', our second morning we went to a restaurant. We stayed there since they had a whirlpool tub and since the hotel we normally stay at was booked. We would probably only stay here again if we wanted a whirlpool tub. There is a Cracker Barrel and a nice italian/pizza place within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sevierville
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place is clean, friendly and will go out of thier way big time to assist you. The breckfast is the best I ever had in a hotel and it's FREE. It is not fancy but has everrything you need. I didn't rate the restaurant because it doesn't have one. There are so many places to eat with-in walking distance they don't need a restaurant. I didn't try the room service but I am sure it would be good also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shelby, Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We arrived late at night as a result of traveling. called before to confirm rooms available. upon arrival we were informed the rooms carpet had just been shampooed. Keep in mind we had been traveling for 9 hours. I was in no mood to find another hotel. they should of told us that when I called so we could of made other arrangements if we chose to. In the morning the breakfast was cold and food was watery and not very tasty. To top it off the room ran out of hot water for my friends shower. Needless to say I am considering frequenting another hotel chain instead of Country Inn and Suites, as this is one of 3 really bad experiences I have had with Country Inn and Suites THIS YEAR!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cx_nsll, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry about the wet carpet situation. With any business, there is never a good time to do maintenance or repairs. Unfortunately, you caught us at a bad time with the carpet shampooing. We were certain the carpet would be dry by night fall, but it just did not work out that way. We truly apologize and will take this as a learning experience.

As for the breakfast, it is usually a highlight of the property. I will look into this and get it corrected. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you give us another chance in the future.