Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East
Ranked #64 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Sevierville
“I love this place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place is clean, friendly and will go out of thier way big time to assist you. The breckfast is the best I ever had in a hotel and it's FREE. It is not fancy but has everrything you need. I didn't rate the restaurant because it doesn't have one. There are so many places to eat with-in walking distance they don't need a restaurant. I didn't try the room service but I am sure it would be good also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Shelby, Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We arrived late at night as a result of traveling. called before to confirm rooms available. upon arrival we were informed the rooms carpet had just been shampooed. Keep in mind we had been traveling for 9 hours. I was in no mood to find another hotel. they should of told us that when I called so we could of made other arrangements if we chose to. In the morning the breakfast was cold and food was watery and not very tasty. To top it off the room ran out of hot water for my friends shower. Needless to say I am considering frequenting another hotel chain instead of Country Inn and Suites, as this is one of 3 really bad experiences I have had with Country Inn and Suites THIS YEAR!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cx_nsll, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry about the wet carpet situation. With any business, there is never a good time to do maintenance or repairs. Unfortunately, you caught us at a bad time with the carpet shampooing. We were certain the carpet would be dry by night fall, but it just did not work out that way. We truly apologize and will take this as a learning experience.

As for the breakfast, it is usually a highlight of the property. I will look into this and get it corrected. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you give us another chance in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to drive three hours to fly out of Nashville's airport and bid on this room through priceline. I had never used priceline so didn't know if I would have problems at the hotel. But I didn't. Everything went smoothly and the hotel is not even a mile from the airport. I had a queen room with a flat screen tv. It was very clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IAG34
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although these are usually pretty nice properties, this was an exception. The room was a bit on the worn side, and the carpet was stained.

As one other reviewer noted, they have made the parking spaces a bit small ( they may be "regulation" but they are at the absolute minimum!!!), which makes getting in and out problematic.

As also noted, breakfast was sparse, and "coffee" was more like lightly muddy water, with just a hint of coffee flavor.

Not somewhere I'd return to willingly. There are better choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cx_nsll, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for your concerns, however, with any property over 10 years there is certain to be a bit of wear and tear. Our property has updated our carpet, wallpaper, bedding, mattresses, fitness center, shuttle van and breakfast in the last two years. Moreover, we also plan on replacing the TVs, draperies and bathrooms in the next several months.

I assure you our parking spaces are the same size as any you'd find in any other parking lot. To be honest, with more than half of hotel business getting shuttled from the airport, over 30+ spots go empty a night so there is absolutely no need to make them smaller than any where else.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast or coffee. Our breakfast features eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, home-made waffles, yogurt parfiats, a fruit medley, pasteries, bagels, and an assortment of breads and muffins. Our coffee is actually a speciality premium-blended coffee only available at Country Inns branded hotels worldwide.

Lastly, our hotel boasts an excellent cleaniness record as we deep clean our hotel rooms all year around. I apologize you found a stain on the carpet and I will be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping staff. As a result, I have actually moved up our carpet shampooing to next week for the enitre hotel.

Thanks Again for your comments. We will be using them to fine tune our operations.
Torrance, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

it's just one of those places that rubs me the wrong way.
got there, got a room (after about a 10-minute check in even though i was the only one there). went to the room and people were still in it. oops.
got another room and people weren't in it.
the room is outdated and cheesy, but clean. it just contains items that should not exist for 100 bucks a night. tube tvs. older dressers. gold knobs. i'm not being snobby here--they could have changed the decor pretty easily, but didn't.
the shuttle service was great going to airport, but when i dropped my car off the previous day and called them for a pickup, it took 30 minutes and confused them. the driver didn't speak to us the whole way and acted as if we were inconveniencing him.
i would stay elsewhere in this town of many options.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cx_nsll, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with with our overall country decor. The hotel is making a conscience effort to continously renovate to keep our rooms updated. We have even placed an order to replace all our old TVs with new 42" flat screen televisions. Moreover, we also want to apologize that our staff took took a little longer than expected at pick-up. It is usually one of our strong suits. However, we appreciate your business and do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.
Riverside, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was visiting family in the area, and they had reserved a room for me at this hotel, since i was visiting from California, i was not sure where to stay. I loved the breakfast, and the rooms were nice, clean, and very spacious. The staff was friendly and very informant about the area. I will definitely stay here again whenever am over to visit my family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The lobby is deceiving, when you get out of the elevator the hallway had a very strong currie smell, we reserved 2 rooms and had a huge air purifier was in one of the rooms because of the smell, we changed both rooms twice and the other rooms were just as bad. Needless to say we went to another hotel (Hampton Suites)which was wonderful

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had concerns during your stay at our hotel, but I am glad that I was able to discuss these with you prior to your departure.

As we discussed, the hotel, unfortunately, cannot regulate the types of take-out that come through the door. We will, however, make a conscience effort to deodorize the hallways and guest rooms for a more nuetral scent. Additionally, even though our hotel was nearly booked, we agreed to give you a full refund because you were not satisfied with your stay. We always want to see our guests happy, it is our main goal.

Again, thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to impress you.