“more than expected”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #130 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a european businessman visiting united states for business. I dont usually stop at budget motels but this time I had no choice as it was late in the night and I had no reservation in a hotel of my standard. I walked in travelodge and told the gentleman to give me the best room. The front desk staff told me that he is giving me a newly remodelled room with wooden floor and brand new mattress. The room was ok for the price and I dont think that anybody should complaint after paying 55 dollars.Next day I called the front desk lady to arrange for a cab as I was not getting none inspite of calling several cab companies. The lady called me after 15minutes and informed me that she couldnt get hold of any cab driver but she managed to arrange for a employee to take care of us,well i guess that deserves an appreciation because she went out of the way to take care of us.I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zeljko l

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am very pleased and very satisfied with the service and friendly atmosphere.
My stay was very comfortable as the rooms were very clean and done everyday and the beds were very nice with brand new mattress, very relaxable sleep. I am definitely comming back and recommend this motel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank michael b
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Staff was friendly and eager to please, but . . .
- Room assigned wasn't ready as painters tape needed to be removed, furniture reassembled, etc. Came back alter and room was ready.
- Matresses stated to be new, a quick test reaction; uncomfortable, didn't "feel" new.
- Room cleanliness was adequate. Water was discolored in toilet for rm 117, ok in rm 116.
- Adequate "desk" work space, but no lighting for it.
- Went to dinner and couldn't access room on return. Door lock inoperative. "Lucky" had someone come to fix it, his primary job was with FedEx, couldn't make it work. Called another who managed to fix the lock allowing access. "Lucky" said manager wanted me to change rooms just in case the lock might still be troublesome. Move all my stuff.
- On return home, a message was waiting from the hotel that $10 would be deducted from my bill to compensate me for my inconvenience.
- Although staff was nice and tried hard, the $10 was inadequate compensation for the late night problems and inconvenience.

My first stay at Travelodge in quite some time and . . . I don't plan on staying at another. Lot's of other choices available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank SHUEYW
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had stayed at another budget brand the previous evening but had to move because they were sold out for the second night. Not really knowing Nashville and on a tight travel budget, I booked online, based primarily on rate. When I arrived, the gentleman at the desk was very friendly and welcoming and had a room ready for me early(by about 30 minutes)which I appreciated. I was very pleasantly surprised when I got to the room. It appeared to have been recently refurnished and renovated. I especially liked the wooden floor(I hate walking on hotel room carpets!)and the new mattress. There was also a comfortable armchair and a useful table and desk. Everything was in good repair and attractive. I would have appreciated a coffeemaker in the room but know that most budget hotels don't provide them. It was inconvenient to get ice since the ice machine was beside the front desk and my room was at the fartherest side of the buildings. The young lady at the desk that evening was very friendly and helpful to me in locating the ice machine. The room was noisy because of the nearby highway and airport; not the hotel's fault but annoying. As long as I ran the a/c, most of the outside sound was masked. The breakfast was just ok(cold cereal, muffins, coffee, tea and juice). An apple or banana would have been a nice addition. I also love the waffle makers that some hotels offer.

If I have to go to Nashville again, I would probably book this hotel again. It was very good value for the price I paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank TERRY W
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed in better motels with bigger rooms but you get what you pay and you cant ask for too much at less price.This was a nice and clean motel and the manager was very helpful and cute looking but seems to be busy all the time. I have been to other motels with rude managers but this was a very good experience.I would recommend all my friends to visit here atleast once.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sara c
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The motel was nice in a since, it did look like they were doing some remodeling because the outside had been painted and it had new windows. The non-smoking room we were in smelled and I had to have the manager get me some air-freshner. The management was very nice and helpful, and I will say once they get the rooms fixed up it will be a nice motel for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl C
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I thought we were going to a clean inexpensive place to sleep and found it was no longer a Motel 6 but a shady character (as another reviewer said) area. I walked in, killed a cockroach on the microwave, would have rather slept in my car and checked out. I told mgmt discreetly that I was not staying and he offered another room. No one, including customers seemed phased. Beds looked unclean (stains on bedspread) And I was told the North side of town was a stay away place. Nashville itself is a great place. They claim they are making improvements from previous Motel 6. And I stayed a week in a great Motel 6 in Destin so nothing against Motel 6.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple