“Southern lunch”

Monell's at the Manor
Ranked #51 of 2,109 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great southern food served family style in a historic setting. Monell's at the Manor is located in an old antebellum home and our service is family style. No reservations, first come, first served. You will be placed at large tables with other people and we bring out platters of southern food. Price includes drink, dessert, entree, vegetables, salads and bread. Menu changes daily. Call for daily selections. After eating stroll upstairs and enjoy the antique furnishings or sit on the veranda and watch the planes go by. Everyone in the party must be present before being seated. We do not have private tables. We will keep your group all together. If you take up a chair, you will be charged. No cellphones at the table and pass to the left.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We heard about this restaurant from our hotel and did not know what to expect. We loved it! Family style so we had a great conversation with a very nice Nashville based woman. The food was great. Pass it around and eat as little or as much as you want. The Fried Chicken is to die for. If you want a real southern experience, this is the place to go.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The food was really good, and the place was beautiful! The service was good too...he kept asking if we needed anything else. I just felt rushed to eat and pay.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Found this place on Tripadvisor and was hooked from the first minute I saw it. I was so excited for this Nashville experience. The corn muffins are to die for. I had lunch and it was the perfect experience. For someone who has never been to Nashville before this is the perfect vision. The family style makes it so fun but the food is out of this world. I will be back

Reviewed August 6, 2014

As a citizen of Charleston, SC I have a spoiled palate and often dislike food when I travel. Monell's was an experience I had not tried before- family style dining. The food was amazing from the waldorf salad to green beans to cornbread and fried chicken and corn pudding, oh my. I hope they bring one to Charleston, SC! It would be a great addition. If anyone from Monell's reads this- you need to open a restaurant in West Ashley area of Chareston- on highway 17. Just a suggestion.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had lunch here on Sunday on our way to the airport to fly home. It was just 2 of us, so we did not have to wait as long as the larger parties (45 minutes - an hour). We sat at a large table with a few lovely families. You start with a couple of salads and amazing biscuits and mini corn muffins. Then comes the fried chicken (excellent), pork, beef and the sides (mac & cheese, greens, and a few more that I can't recall). It was all delicious and it was fun to meet new people and pass all the dishes around. It was a unique experience. I did feel a little rushed (especially when our server plopped the dessert on our table as we ate our entrees), but still had a great time.