“Cool hot spot!”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #1 of 58 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We decided to open our first full-size scoop shop in Nashville in June, 2011 in the East Nashville neighborhood for many reasons, but mainly because the place reminded us so much of our scrappy roots. East Nashville, home to cyclists and pedestrians, families and urban farmers, artists and musicians of all stripes, and do-it-yourself bar and restaurant owners, is one of our favorites places in the country. Since we've been in East Nashville, we've been able to cultivate partnerships with folks such as Don Henry, who grows strawberries for us to make the perennial favorite Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, as well as the good people at Yazoo Brewing Company, who supplies Yazoo Sue porter for the year-round ice cream Yazoo Sue with Rosemary Bar Nuts. There's a fantastic creative community and overall vibe throughout Nashville-especially in East Nashville.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wow! We were forewarned about the crowds. During a recent 3 day visit to Nashville, we drove by this spot in the east side every day. And every day, the line snaked outside to the curb.
After dinner on our final night, we decided to grab some ice cream. Although this corner of restaurants and hip custom shops had what appeared to be ample parking, the sheer energy of the retail sites meant we had to drive around for 5 minutes to wait for a spot to open up. But it was worth it as was the 15 minute line wait.
Jeni's serves ice cream and yogurt. Some sodas and cookies. No food. So I would not classify this as a restaurant. There were at least 10 staff behind the counter, working in unison with the crowd. Nice touch by offering small samples of your choice to anyone who wanted. I tried and chose a 3 cup of the Savannah Buttermint, Wildberry lavender, brown butter almond brittle. Ridiculously good! They looked like small amounts but two of us split the cup and felt satisfied. $6.00 for 3 scoops a little on the high side but Dairy Queen crap is about $4 so a pretty good offering for artisan ice cream (or "Art is an ice cream" as they say). Other flavors were quite off the wall but excellent.... Goat cheese and cherries (surprisingly good), pineapple upside down cake and perhaps another 25 varieties.
On a hot day/night, neat place to cool of in East Nashville.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Going just for regular ice cream?? Not! Kids were stumped by the flavors and was a little expensive. Atmosphere and service was great but prices high and if you just want normal flavors you wont find them here.. More like gourmet ice cream

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Every flavor I tried was delicious. We found this place right here on trip advisor and made the trek off the beaten path. I'm so glad we did. I ended up with a 3 scoop waffle cone because I couldn't decide on just one flavor. Skip the other ice cream shops and come here!

1  Thank tborntreger
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great place to go after you have dinner. My favs are Whiskey Pecan (which is off the menu right now) and Salty Caramel, but every flavor I've tasted has been really good. Make sure you stop here if you're ever in Nashville!! Oh yeah, I love their Mint ice cream, tastes like REAL mint, not like the grocery store variety. :)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stopped by for a little treat and we were delighted. The service was outstanding. I can't remember the name of my choices but wow! So, so good! We will definitely be back when we're in town!