“Best Ice Cream Sandwich Ever!!”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We decided to open our first full-size scoop shop in Nashville in June, 2011 in the East Nashville neighborhood for many reasons, but mainly because the place reminded us so much of our scrappy roots. East Nashville, home to cyclists and pedestrians, families and urban farmers, artists and musicians of all stripes, and do-it-yourself bar and restaurant owners, is one of our favorites places in the country. Since we've been in East Nashville, we've been able to cultivate partnerships with folks such as Don Henry, who grows strawberries for us to make the perennial favorite Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, as well as the good people at Yazoo Brewing Company, who supplies Yazoo Sue porter for the year-round ice cream Yazoo Sue with Rosemary Bar Nuts. There's a fantastic creative community and overall vibe throughout Nashville-especially in East Nashville.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Bought a Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwich from a display case at the Country Music Hall of Fame as the display caught my attention. What a treat! Best ever!! Well worth the calories. Since I live in Michigan, I'm worried that I won't be able to get my hands on another sandwich anytime soon!! Please help, I think I'm addicted to these things!.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

They have a wide variety of unique flavors that they've made; if that's your thing, then you'll love this spot. The ice cream is very good, very creamy and smooth. However, since 3/3 in our party ordered vanilla ice cream, I don't know that it was worth the $$ or the trip across town to this spot. I mean, it's good, but we're not adventurous with our ice cream flavors, I guess.

They do offer a kiddie scoop, which is 1/2 a scoop of a normal ice cream for $3.50, however, 2 normal scoops is $4.50, so it's not really worth getting the kiddie scoop, in my opinion.

Service was great, the atmosphere is very nice, there are parking options (shared parking lot, street parking, or residential), and it is very clean.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

At the time of our visit this was the #1 rated resturant in nashville. All they serve is ice cream. It is very good Ice Cream with some unique flavors but hardly #1. I can only imagine what it must be like on a busy day. We visited in the middle of the week in the afternoon and after those infront of us and we had tasted 4 or 5 flavors and decided what to buy it took a bit of time. The Ice cream was a first rate product

1  Thank stndglasLenoirNC
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We came here after a search of Nashville restaurants showed it as no. 1. Hey, it's just ice cream, but it was worth the trip. Inventive flavors. Among the three of us, we had six different flavors and each was outstanding. Maybe a little unfortunate for all the dynamite BBQ spots and gourmet restaurants that this is number 1. So go get a nice dinner and ask Siri to take you to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ice cream is ice cream right? Wrong!! Unless you have been to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream you have not really had ice cream. Firstly, the area is a very trendy, up and coming sort of area in Nashville and feels very modern and casual. Secondly Jeni's mirrors this feeling and has a nice comfortable atmosphere and while the interior is on the small side, it is decorated minimally but still has many interesting pieces. Thirdly, the selection of ice cream flavors is awe inspiring and mind-blowing. With unique combinations I have never heard of let alone would even imagine. You can sample any flavor and the workers were very helpful with suggestions and recommendations. And the flavors do not disappoint! You gotta go... the price? yes pricey, but the experience... worth it!