“Off the hook Ice Cream.. Should not be missed when coming to NashVegas.”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We decided to open our first full-size scoop shop in Nashville in June, 2011 in the East Nashville neighborhood for many reasons, but mainly because the place reminded us so much of our scrappy roots. East Nashville, home to cyclists and pedestrians, families and urban farmers, artists and musicians of all stripes, and do-it-yourself bar and restaurant owners, is one of our favorites places in the country. Since we've been in East Nashville, we've been able to cultivate partnerships with folks such as Don Henry, who grows strawberries for us to make the perennial favorite Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, as well as the good people at Yazoo Brewing Company, who supplies Yazoo Sue porter for the year-round ice cream Yazoo Sue with Rosemary Bar Nuts. There's a fantastic creative community and overall vibe throughout Nashville-especially in East Nashville.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stop in to Jenis because we have heard so much about it from friends who live local to the area. Her original shops are in OH and this is the loan one outside of OH.. The place is AMAZING!! The ironic thing is I don't even like Ice Cream that much.. Literally can have Ice cream like Ben and Jerry's go bad in my freezer because I don't eat it.The infusion of flavors are amazing.. SHe studied Gelato in Italy and makes her Ice cream with Gelato makers..(So there is the twist..Plus she blends the balance of ice cream and Gelato in her recipes..(You see this is why it melts faster but the flavor is SUPERB..) I CAN GUARANTEE you have NEVER had Ice Cream like this.. The service is fantastic. THey tell you EACH flavor, what it has in it, how it's made,etc.. WOW.. great stop tonight.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

So I have friends who go to Jeni's in Columbus, Ohio fairly regularly so they told me about this small chain. When I discovered we were only a mile and a half away, we decided to check it out. It is completely worthy. I had a triple scoop with cherry lambic, dark chocolate and Ugandan vanilla. So yummy. The cherry lambic was amazing. I tried several other flavors and they were so patient as my husband and I decided. He tried their butter brittle, whiskey flavor and salty caramel, all of which were also amazing. This is grown up ice cream and I loved it.

1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you like unique flavors of ice cream, this is the place for you. From goat cheese and cherries to juniper and lemon curd, Jeni's is the most creative ice cream shoppe I have ever been to. The best is that the servers will be happy to pick scoops for you that complement one another. I tried dark chocolate and juniper and lemon curd--great staff-recommended combo. Hours provided at website.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We showed up around 9pm on a Saturday and there was no parking...the lines were almost out of both of the doors and we almost decided to "pass" on Jeni's. Good thing we didn't give up!

There are lines at this place for a reason. The ice cream/sorbet's and service is well worth it. The best thing about the line is you get a chance to examine each and every flavor to determine what you want to try...and that is the key word, "try." As you stand in line, the servers behind the counter will come out to YOU and ask YOU what you'd like to try! What a great idea! You aren't standing in front of the counter and wondering what to try, the servers come out to help you.By the time you get to the counter, you have sampled to your hearts delight!

I'm not much of a dairy person, so I was thrilled at the sorbet choices. I wasn't sure about some of the combinations, but after a trying them, I was hooked. The flavors literally explode in your mouth, but with a rich and smooth texture. They encourage getting two flavors..then I loved this...they asked which one you wanted on top so you could decide to what to eat first. Cool.

The ice creams, from what I was told, were equally wonderful. Rich in taste, smooth and creamy, with wonderful fruits/nuts/chocolates/vanilla pieces blended in. You not only were able to enjoy the ice cream, but depending on what you chose, the add ins were equally as wonderful.

I like the fact they have cold water for you so you don't have to ask. The decor is cool. And I love the blackboard they have at "kid level" to keep the little ones busy why you are waiting in line. I really liked the design of their restaurant.

So go. Enjoy. And remember, the calories are worth every bite.

1  Thank Backstreets1250
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Jeni's is well worth the wait in line on a summer day/night and well worth the price (although it may seem a little high). The interesting flavors are worth a try! My favorites are salted caramel and milkiest chocolate in the world. So. Good.