“Severe Lady Bug Issue”

Ranked #55 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
venice, ca
“Severe Lady Bug Issue”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I was there severe lady bug issue. Check into my room ok a couple of lady bugs the Chinese kind that look like little beetles, I let it go sit down at the desk doing work for a couple of hours start noticing a few more on the ceiling and wall go back over where the bed is now there is hundreds all over the ceiling, drapes walls etc. and multiplying rapidly an infestation onslaught.

So go down to the front desk and ask to be moved they accommodate me but make it seem like no big deal “they are just lady bugs”. When I go back up to move my stuff from the room there is a maid in the hall I bring her in the room and she seemed shocked. Anyways move to another room there is maybe a dozen lady bugs ok I can deal with that. Stayed one more day a really cold day they all seemed to die.

Pros:
Property it is close to the airport
Free parking.
Good breakfast selection

Cons:
Airport property so not that much around there high end restaurants etc.
Kind of an older Spring Hill Suites getting a little tired.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joshua L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of your concerns on TripAdvisor. Every two years in this part of the country there is a mass lady bug movement. Unfortunatly, it is Tennessee's state bug and protected against extermination. I do apologize for our reaction to your concern. It is an issue that we do not take lightly during that time and we should have been more empathetic to your problem. I certainly do hope you visit the Nashville area again soon and that you choose to stay with us. I wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Someset, KY
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is our second time to visit this location. That should probably tell you something in of itself.

When we fly out of Nashville, this is our destination. The main reason why is that they offer a "Park and Fly" package. You stay there the night before you fly out; park your car; they shuttle you to the airport the next morning; and you fly out. Your car stays parked there for FREE. Once you calculate the typical parking fees, it works out to be a pretty good deal.

From the hotel to the airport by shuttle is only 18 minutes. That includes two other stops along the way. So, you don't even have to leave some ridiculous amount of time earlier than you would normally anticipate.

The staff at this Springhill Suite was particularly cheerful and very accommodating. They really made us feel welcomed. Good group of folks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good Day,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that we were able to provide you with convenient access to the airport and I will absolutely share your kind words about our staff with them. I hope you will visit us again soon and I wish you safe travels.
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I needed a good hotel close to the airport so I could get a ride there for a very early flight. The Springhill was very comfortable with large clean rooms and great beds and is only 4 minutes from the airport. They have no restaurant so they had a driver from a larger Marriott pick me up for dinner.

Be aware though this hotel is 4 minutes from the airport they run shuttles only twice an hour and stop at multiple other hotels, so the trip takes 20 minutes when it should be 4. I had to take a cab because of that.

Room Tip: Again Be aware though this hotel is 4 minutes from the airport they run shuttles only twice an hour...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here. I do apologize that because of the twice an hour shuttle you had to take a cab to catch your flight. I certainly do hope that the next time you are in the Nashville area you do choose to stay with us and I wish you safe travels.
tennessee
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Large clean rooms. Free parking. Easy to get to all locations in Nashville.Nice indoor swimming pool. Breakfast is good. Would stay here again...have always had great luck getting this location on price line

• Stayed September 2013
Joshua L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our property. My name is Josh Lancaster and I am the new General Manager here at this property. Again, I want to thank you so much for your feedback, as it does not go unoticed, and is appreciated. I will make sure that my staff hears your comments. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on the property should there be anything I can help you with. I wish you safe travels and hope they bring you back to our property in the near future.
Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great location, outside of Nashville traffic. Fast food restaurants close by. Clean rooms but mattress needs to be replaced. Great friendly service and great breakfast times. Real eggs!!!! Easy on and off interstate 40. Quiet and quite busy. Best to have reservation. Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel. Very sweet, helpful staff. Good location, just minutes from downtown. Rooms were a bit tight, no real dresser for your clothes. However, very comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Estero, FL
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have had very few flawless experiences at hotels and this was one of them. From check-in to check-out everything went so easy and smooth. The room exceeded my expectation in layout and comfort. I was there for 3 nights so that makes a difference. It was quiet considering being an "airport" location. The morning breakfast was more than expected as far as choices and with plenty of seating. The Wi-Fi was an easy connect as well. Awesome value for what was given. This was my first at a Springhill and am sold on the brand now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business