“Serviceable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville
Ranked #15 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We chose the hotel based on price compared to other Nashville options. It is clean and you can jump on I-40 quickly and head into Nashville. Now if you are looking for frills and extras, you won't find any. The rooms are small (bed was comfy), no fridge, older TV, and limited breakfast (my wife asked for bread for the toaster-"sorry we don't have any bread."

• Stayed: August 2011
Microtel-Nashville, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. In response to the "older TV", We are currently replacing all Guest room Tvs with Brand New 32 inch Flat Screens. We hope to have all of the guest rooms updated by Christmas. Thank you for your business

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Cheap, roomy, comfortable. Bedding was excellent. Older hotel but has been remodeled. Needs new carpet and new lighting in rooms. Air worked wonderful. Great stay for people on roadtrips! In a SAFE part of Nashville. I will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank allison628
Reviewed June 3, 2011

For a one-night stay, not bad. Right off i-40, which was what I was looking for. Several chain and non-chain restaurants around (try El Rodeo in the shopping cener just across US 70). Room was mostly clean, tub needed some mildew killer around the rim. Other than that, everything worked and was in decent shape. Quiet, considering place was full and location by the freeway. Outdoor pool looked clean. Staff was okay. Give it a go if you're just trying to get off the road for a night.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We booked this room through their website at wyndham.com. The website stated that the hotel was pet friendly and made no mention whatsoever of a pet fee. When I arrived they told me that there would be a $15 pet charge, which was reasonable, but I felt it should have been stated in the reservation. The problems began with the room heater, which didn't work. They moved us to a room next door and while that heater did work, it made a grinding noise the whole time it was on. We were told they had no other rooms, so that was that.

The rooms are SMALL with just enough room to walk around a queen bed. Two of the ceiling tiles in the hallway were covered with mold. The continental breakfast consisted of your choice of a plain bagel, a muffin, cereal (out of milk), OJ, and coffee. We were at the end of breakfast and witnessed the staff packing the muffins and bagels back into a tupperware container, which made sense as they were semi-stale tasting.

Hotel choices are limited in the Bellevue area. The only other one around is a Hampton Inn, which is a little more expensive but I think it's well worth it.

This was a very, very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I recently attended the CMA Awards Show in Nashville and simply wanted a clean. safe and affordable hotel room. I selected this Microtel based on price and reviews on this site.

I was not disappointed. Excellent value and my stay was everything I needed it to be. I checked in around 4pm and the Front Desk attendant was extremely kind and helpful. Everything (parking lot, lobby, guest room) was very clean.

Only a couple of slight annoyances. A smell of smoke in the elevator which is probably a result floors that allow smokers. (My floor and room were completely free of smoke or any other offensive odors.) And flat, hard pillows. But considering the price and the fact I was only staying one night, this was not a big concern.

I highly recommend this hotel if you need a convenient and clean place to stay in the Nashville area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2010

"Pet Friendly", yet charge $60 for small dog. Asked to cancel, and refused by rude manager, because I had "reserved the room from a third party". (Priceline.com) Manager on duty was tired, ill and rude. Internet service did not work the entire stay. Checked out early. Glad we did. Drury Inn and Suites was nicer, cleaner, people who worked there were "happy", and there is NO CHARGE for having a pet. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed at the Microtel as we were driving from Ohio to Nevada with our two dogs and needed a hotel that accepted dogs. I knew of the Microtel because we used to live in Bellevue which is where the motel is located.

The Microtel is a *very* basic hotel. The room was small . . . VERY small. There was only one chair in the room . . . the desk chair. The bed was not comfortable. The heating unit made noise all night. The floor and walls were scuffed and marked.

The biggest complaint that I had was that they told me there was a $10 charge for my dogs, and at checkout decided it was $10 per dog. I didn't want to fight about it, but I won't stay again.

There is a nice O'Charley's right next door as well as Jonathon's, Applebe's, Pizza Hut and a few fast food places nearby.

If you don't have dogs, you can probably pay a little more and be a lot more comfortable at the Hampton across the street.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business