“Best location of all Vanderbilt hotels”

Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
Ranked #34 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Jackson, Mississippi
“Best location of all Vanderbilt hotels”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The best location if you need to be next to Vanderbilt (particularly for any sporting event) -- walk to the university. Nice room. Clean. Comfy bed. Very cool view overlooking the Vandy stadium -- enjoyed watching football team's Sat morning scrimmage from my hotel room. Polite front desk. Plenty of valets and bellmen to assist with car and luggage. Good bar. Good breakfast/brunch buffet on Sat and Sun am. All hotels near Vandy are expensive (not a great value), and this one is no different. Nevertheless, if attending a function at Vandy, then I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Vandy stadium have the best view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. The view of the stadium is very unique and exciting at the same time and we are glad you were able to enjoy the spring practice from your hotel room.

We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Nashville, TN.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Whippany, New Jersey
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed at the Vanderbilt Marriott many times. The have an excellent location if you are visiting Vanderbilt University - right on the campus. Hotel is well maintained - Starbucks on the first level needs additional staff to handle busy periods. A little cheap on the towels, but overall room was comfortable and clean. Will stay here again...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us duirng your recent visit to Nashville, TN. We are glad you the location of the hotel fit your needs and I will pass on the information regarding the additonal staffing for Starbucks during the peak hours.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Venice Beach, CA
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean, nice staff, great bar/restaurant if you want it. You do have to pay 20+ dollars to park but other then that hidden cost, it was very enjoyable.

You get a great view of a park full of students or else the football stadium. Would recommend for any parents coming in town.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. We at the Nasvhille Marriott at Vanderbilt are glad you enjoyed your time with us and I am extremely sorry you were not informed of the parking fee onsite. We will take the appropriate measures in order to ensure all costs are relayed during the time of booking.

We look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Nashville, TN.
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here one night during a college tour at Vanderbilt... Lovely hotel with great hospitality! Ladies working the concierge area were a joy and the front desk and wait staff were equally kind. Rooms are standard Marriott but were clean and comfortable and quiet. Good restaurants are nearby so no need to drive once we arrived. Located right on Vandy's campus... next to the football stadium and 5 minutes from the admissions office. Great choice for a quick trip!

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you stayed with us at the Nasvhille Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit to Vanderbilt University. It is great to hear you were able to experience our amentites we offer on property and around the hotel and the hospitatily your received was great!

We hope to see you again when you visit Nashville, TN.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Right on campus with views of the Vanderbilt football field and the Parthenon. Close to downtown and many restaurants. The staff was always excited to help us and everyone was so friendly. This is now our preferred hotel when visiting Nashville especially Vandy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Vanderbilt University. We are extremely pleased that you stay met your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I came to Nashville for a company-sponsored training. The reservation for this hotel was done 2/24/14 for a 3 night stay starting 3/3/14. I called from the airport on 3/3/14 where I was coming from and spoke with Peter that my flight was delayed and I will be checking in late. He said he will make the necessary annotation. When I did come in at 11:00P.M. I was surprised at first that the front desk staff told me that I am not in their system for the 3 nights but was only booked for 1 night. That overnight stay is dated 3/5/14. He even asked me if I have the right Marriott. Now I am beginning to be upset at this point as I am tired of traveling and delays at the airport. All I want is to get some sleep and be ready to attend my training. There are some people that came in after me to check in and it was a breeze for them. It made me think that maybe since I belong in a minority group that I do not warrant the same service or that they can "push" me around without me saying anything. After a while and a lot of computer keystrokes later, they conveniently "found" me a room. I also used their complimentary shuttle the coming and going to my destination on the first day as it is within the 2 mile radius of the hotel. The morning shuttle was prompt. The afternoon shuttle was not. I called to be picked up at 3:17 P.M. but wasn't able to be there @the assigned time of 3:30. I called again & was informed that they'll come back in 15 minutes. It's already 4P.M. when I called again and was told that it'll take another 10 minutes. Still waiting up until 4:30 when I was about to call again and the shuttle finally showed up. Mind you, the temperature all this time that I was waiting outside was low 20's! It's freezing! I'm outside so that I can't miss the shuttle if and when it does pass by. Suffice it to say that I didn't use the shuttle again for the rest of my stay. Oh, and did I mention I found some hair in the bathtub before I even shower on the night I checked in?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank simpletexasgal
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent trip to Nashville, TN. It saddens me to know the issues you had once you arrived to hotel regarding your reservation since you had called ahead to let us know that you were on your way from the airport. The customer service shown at the time of checkin is not how we operate at the hotel and I will use this as a learning experience for our associates so next time it will be a fast and accurate checkin during the time of arrival.

I would also like to apologize for the amount of time it took for the shuttle to pick you up during the cold weather. The shuttle is on a first come first serve basis with higher demand in the evenings than in the morning.

Sorry once again for the issues you experienced and we hope to see you again when traveling to Nashville, TN.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked a room at the last minute on a road trip to Nashville. Lobby and common areas were very nice. Hallways seemed a little dated but the rooms were suprisingly nice. Very comfortable. Hotel is right on Vanderbilt campus and across the street from the Parthenon. I would definitely stay here again, especially if going to see a game at Vanderbilt.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your last minute road trip to Nashville, TN and for the great comments regarding the hotel. The hotel is a prime location for Vanderbilt sporting events due to the location and proximity to campus and we look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Nashville, TN.