Attended a conference that was being held at the hotel. While the location of the hotel is great for visiting Nashville, the rooms are very poor quality. The decor of the rooms is dated. We initially were placed in a room on the 6th floor and after noisy neighbors, a seemingly endless barrage dumpster emptying carried out at 4am and a plumbing issue that continued to obscurely make a gurgling noise, we were moved to a room on the 8th floor the following two nights. This room was more quiet (although we could hear every sniff, sneeze and cackle from our adjoining neighbors).
The lobby / restaurant area of the hotel is fine. It is up to date, well lit and clearly a marked improvement over the pitiful rooms. The staff of the hotel, including the bell staff, were quite pleasant. We did ask one staff member for recommendations on sitting services for our daughter while we went out for dinner a couple of nights and were told very forcefully that the hotel doesn't recommend services because of the liability involved. This seems odd considering the hotel will willingly call a taxi upon request, oblige one with multiple dining recommendations and even book tours of the city for interested parties. So, we called another hotel that we have stayed at in Nashville on prior trips and were quite pleased with the professional service that they promptly recommended.
If you're going to Nashville for business or pleasure, check out one of the other many fine properties in the city. Unless you're attending a conference that is directly based out of this Marriott, there is no other reason to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Vanderbilt University campus, Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University is one of the area's premier West End Nashville hotels. We are a top choice for those looking for a convenient hotel near Vanderbilt University and we offer a great location close to other preferred destinations in Nashville, Tennessee. Our hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University stadium, Centennial Park, and the famed Parthenon. In addition, our top-rated Nashville hotel offers a free downtown shuttle to check out all Music City has to offer. Park25 Bistro, featuring Chef Kimo Akana, serves an eclectic American menu that is comfy, local, and creative. Other amenities at our hotel include Marriott's new Entertainment Package to stream from personal Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora accounts. Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University also provides a renovated fitness center, self/valet parking, and a concierge level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott