When you have to be away from home on business, finding a clean, friendly and customer service hotel is what I look hope for each and every time I have to stay away from my family. I don't know if the hotel cares but the reason we do what we do and leave our families is because of the job or career we have chosen and the hotel just happened to be a a place we have to laid our head for the timing being. When I checked into this hotel the first week of the two week I stayed there the front desk was ok, just a standard day, hears your card, told me if I ate in their resturant I could get 250 points, left for my room. The guy at the desk never acknowledge my Platinum Status, never asked me how would I like th 500 points I was suppose to get, never told me about the concierge level and gave me a regular key to my room. I get to my room on the 11 floor and found my room to be very clean, cool and somewhere I could laid my head for the next two weeks. I went down to have lunch and was not a big fan of the meal I had but no big deal, everyone has different taste buds. I'm very picky & have different taste any whoo. However, I just want to say after the day I checked in everything went smooth. The staff is friendly, they go out of their way to help you and they seem to never meet a stranger. This hotel made me feel like each day I was a part of their family from the resturant, the front desk and especially in the concierge. Gail is the most amazing person. She make you feel you are a part of her family and we would just sit and talk for hours and she never missed a beat or failed to take care of other customers who entered the room. She knows and remembers everyone name. Anyone who walked in Gail was up and helping that person and treating them like family too. If she even thought you needed something she was on it. Like I said I am a very picky eater and Gail can tell you. However, she never failed to make sure that each night when I left the concierge level that I had my bowl of grapes :-)! You know she did it for anyone, even if it just soup, hot tea and honey etc. I can't wait to go back! I just hate to not see this lady in my life when I not in Nashville. She would be a good friend. I also met the general manager and I am embarrassed to said I don't remember his name. I must said he is the type of general managers all hotels need. He can see a need before you do just to make your day a little lighter, brighter or so thankful he was around. Rainy days, cold days if he saw me with something he already asking can I take that, can I hold that, would you like, etc. Thank you so much for making my stay a home away from home such a pleasant one! That was the first time I had ever been to Nashville and people like that make it easier to return. P.S. I met so many patrons and just enjoyed sharing with them as well. Also, the second week a front desk clerk asked me about the points for platinum and gladly gave me my request!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Vanderbilt University campus, Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University is one of the area's premier West End Nashville hotels. We are a top choice for those looking for a convenient hotel near Vanderbilt University and we offer a great location close to other preferred destinations in Nashville, Tennessee. Our hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University stadium, Centennial Park, and the famed Parthenon. In addition, our top-rated Nashville hotel offers a free downtown shuttle to check out all Music City has to offer. Park25 Bistro, featuring Chef Kimo Akana, serves an eclectic American menu that is comfy, local, and creative. Other amenities at our hotel include Marriott's new Entertainment Package to stream from personal Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora accounts. Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University also provides a renovated fitness center, self/valet parking, and a concierge level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott