I have stayed at this property for years and everyday there I do not know what level of service to expect. Some things are fixed immediately and other not. For example, when I checked out last month I made the staff aware of a plumbing issue in my room. When reassigned the same room this month, the problem has not been fixed. Sometimes it feels like the front desk staff just says "yes" to get you to go away. The drivers for the shuttle are also variable. They drive within the 2 miles to common sites. I asked to be picked up from a certain address 1 mile away and was ignored for over 1 hour. When I called back, the driver stated he did not know where the address was and was not coming. The lobby renovation does not bother me as much as it seems to others since all things need updating from time to time. They make it clear on their website. This is mostly a business hotel during the week and family/party on the weekends. The website also states 2 doubles or 1 king per room. There should be no surprise that there are not 2 queens. Parking is valet at the front of the hotel or you must drive around to the garage behind the hotel for self-parking. I have heard that they are going to all-valet soon though. If you need to be near Vandy, this is a good place to base out of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Vanderbilt University campus, Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University is one of the area's premier West End Nashville hotels. We are a top choice for those looking for a convenient hotel near Vanderbilt University and we offer a great location close to other preferred destinations in Nashville, Tennessee. Our hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University stadium, Centennial Park, and the famed Parthenon. In addition, our top-rated Nashville hotel offers a free downtown shuttle to check out all Music City has to offer. Park25 Bistro, featuring Chef Kimo Akana, serves an eclectic American menu that is comfy, local, and creative. Other amenities at our hotel include Marriott's new Entertainment Package to stream from personal Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora accounts. Marriott Hotel Nashville/Vanderbilt University also provides a renovated fitness center, self/valet parking, and a concierge level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott