My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, through New Year’s Eve. We picked the location due to it’s proximity to downtown and to Belmont. We were going to a Belmont basketball game one evening. . Also, the downtown places were either sold out or much more expensive. I would recommend this place with a few warnings.
The staff is very nice and accommodating. We arrived early and they moved the rooms around so we could check-in early. Even though it wasn’t much hassle, we were given free internet for the duration of our stay. The bar area is okay – bartenders provide good and timely service. We watched part of a basketball game there one afternoon.
The shuttle driver is nice and it’s a good service, but don’t depend on this for your only transportation around town. There is just one driver per shift and when it’s crowded (such as New Year’s Eve weekend), you will likely not be able to use the service unless you are willing to wait for a long while. We were on vacation and didn’t want to spend our time waiting. Cab service is readily available and not expensive ($8-$10 for a ride downtown).
Ask for a room overlooking the football field, not much on the other side. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Just be a little careful if you order pizza delivery. We ordered from one of the local places (New York something) at the recommendation of the hotel. The food was good, but found out after checking the menu prices the next morning we were over-charged. Obviously this wasn’t the hotel’s fault.
We would stay here again depending on the cost. The employees are hard-working and friendly. The hotel was very clean. We would probably prefer to stay closer to downtown, within walking distance of the bars on broadway, since that is where we spend most of our time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Vanderbilt University campus, Marriott Nashville is one of the area's premier West End Nashville hotels. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University stadium and Centennial Park and the famed Parthenon. In addition, this top-rated Nashville hotel offers a free downtown shuttle to check out all Music City has to offer. Park25 Bistro, featuring Chef Kimo Akana, serves an eclectic American menu that is comfy, local, and creative. Other amenities include Marriott's new Entertainment Package to stream from personal Netflix, Hulu and Pandora accounts, a renovated fitness center, self/valet parking and a concierge level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott