“One of my favorites in Nashville”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Green Hills
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've stayed at the property several times. The entire staff provides excellent service, Each time I've stayed I needed something special or extra time. They have come through like champs everytime. The rooms are large and provide great space for a single traveler or family. The location is terrific with Green Hills mall next door and a large assortment of restaurants. Next time I'm in Nashville I will definitely stay at the Hampton even if it's out of the way.

Room Tip: The best rates are usually AAA.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Customer service is excellent. The location is great for restaurants and the mall and I have always felt safe in the area. The rooms are nice (not amazing but nice) and have above average toiletries for guest. Breakfast is better than most. Parking is limited, but I've always been able to find a space. I prefer to park in the front, especially if getting in late, but there is additional parking under the hotel (nice if raining or very cold) and parking behind the hotel (least favorite place to park as it is the most isolated option.)

This hotel often does not participate in many of the hilton honors promos, so if you are expecting double points or discounts you won't get them. They also don't offer a government rate or it is the same as the normal rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor near the conference center can be noisy as I've been awakened at 6am by t...
Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a mostly pleasant stay here. I first want to compliment the front desk staff. They were very friendly and more than willing to help us with anything. I was impressed. The room was comfortable and so were the beds. The breakfast was great also and convenient. The only bad things was that they really need to get the carpets cleaned. Our feet got dirty after a shower, but that was the only complaint. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hotel is very easy to get to and it's in a great location; convenient to wherever you need to get to in the Nashville area. I was there on business and it was close to the offices I needed to go to. There is a mall one block away that has numerous restaurants and shops, as well as a movie theater. It's clean, staff is friendly, breakfast is good, swimming pool area wasn't anything fancy but it was clean relaxing with a shaded area if needed. Small fitness area is satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times and the staff/hotel have been consistently good.

The bed was very comfortable - and I had one of the corner rooms, which featured a small sofa. The free breakfast in the morning was great - and varied every day.

Staff was pleasant, informative and helpful.

My only complaint - the AC made a racket.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the #16 to# 20 rooms (Im not sure which ones are at the other end of the hall). They...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My daughter and I spent two nights here recently on a weekend trip to see Scotty McCreary. I had requested a handicapped room for my daughter, because she is in a wheelchair. When we arrived, I was told that all of the handicapped rooms were taken. Unfortunately, it was difficult for my daughter to get around the room.

The room was fairly clean. However, it smelled like dog urine. I know that animals are not allowed in this hotel. So, I'm not sure what the smell was.

Because of the CMA Fan Fest, the hotel was priced expensively. I wish I had paid the extra $200 to stay at the Opryland Hotel. My daughter would have enjoyed it more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hogskinbug
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was a lovely hotel with very helpful staff. My wife and I were not particularly needy guests as we were in town for my high school reunion and didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

The breakfast was typical carb heavy but did include enough options to allow us to try to stay on our low carb diet. Both days had egg and sausage. One of the days the sausage was turkey links which was a pleasant surprise.

The biggest issue was one that I suspect nearly every hotel suffers from. The irons do not get much use and when water is left in them, they tend to get nasty. After getting a white linen shirt to the point where I couldn't wear it to dinner, we asked for a second iron. The staff was quick to bring it and had even made sure it was warm. Unfortunately it was also nasty. A quick spray and rub on a towel and we could see that it wasn't going to hit my shirt. Luckily I had another dress shirt and although it was wrinkled and wasn't my best shirt, it was better than a dirty partially ironed white linen shirt.

I would heartily recommend this hotel but I would advice ANY traveler to use ANY hotel iron on a towel before letting it touch your own clothes. This has ot be a universal problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends