“Not your typical Hampton.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Green Hills
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is not your typical Hampton Inn. A wood paneled lobby with fireplace, nice seating areas and very friendly staff! Great location next to Green Hills Mall, Regal 16, and several restaurants. Free but hardly fabulous breakfast. Rooms are nice but not extraordinary; they are clean and smell good. Not as nice as the newer Courtyard rooms. The only real drawback, terrible wifi both in room and in the Lobby. Might as well not exist.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Twas the month
Before Christmas
When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even my spouse
The stockings all hung
By the chimney with care
In hopes that st nick soon would be there
I in my kercief, am so bored to tears
I wake up my man just to get him in gear
I jump on the internet and make us some plans
We pack our bags and off we go,
kinda hoping to see us some snow!
We roll into Nashville and the traffic…oh dear!!
Im hoping and praying the hotel is near
We arrive at the door and what should appear?
The most beautiful decorations and the mall is soooo near!
The service is wonderful!
The people are just dear!
All poems aside this is another shining example of Hampton quality!! I had a suite and I loved the kitchenette. My room was spotless and the staff is courteous and polite. Gaylon the guest services manager was watching over the breakfast buffet and was more than willing to humor me by answering some of my nosey questions!! Traffic was a pain coming off the Hillsboro exit but for those of us who love to shop…. The mall is in walking distance along with lots of nice restaurants!! Nordstoms is a new edition to the area, gotta love that. This hotel has a gorgeous meeting area located on the top floor and has an elegant charm!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here for a night and location is good, especially if you want to go to Green Hills Mall which is right behind the property. The lobby is very lovely with a fireplace and sitting area. Breakfast typical for Hampton with choices of many hot and cold things. Rooms are very nice and no sign of wear was noticed. Beds extremely comfortable! Would stay here again if I didn't need to be closer to downtown area. Very easy to get to from the exit off of 440 that you take but you can encounter slow moving traffic on the way to the hotel as the area is very congested. Free Internet

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank clmtraveler
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Loved it! We were able to walk over to the Cheesecake Factory and Green Hills mall. The bed was so comfortable.. I didn't want to leave. Plenty of options for breakfast (waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, muffins, oatmeal, etc.)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This property is outside of downtown in an upscale area next to a mall. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The outside of he property and lobby were very nice. Standard Hamlton breakfast. The room clean but appeared to be worn and in need of an update.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

CONS: We stayed for 4 nights in room 515 to visit family in the area. Our 5 year old twins do not sleep well when we jam them onto a pull-out sofa bet together, so we always get a rollaway single bed brought in at most suite hotels we use. This time; the "suite" was so small, the bed ONLY fit in the kitchen area; putting my child's body next to the refrigerator and oven. NOT cool. So we pulled the mattress off and fit that on the floor tightly in another spot...you could NOT walk with the mattress down. My child had to sleep on the floor, which is ALSO NOT COOL but better than next to appliances running all night. Also - our toilet had a leak, and the housekeepers routinely placed folded towels to the side of the toilet - but it leaked for four entire days! We reported the leak to the manager during checkout - mostly because we wanted to see if this astonishing oversite would continue...and it it.. (wasn't it raining in 415?) Also - we got no hot water for showers for the first day; and when I called the front desk to report THAT problem I was told that "the pipes were installed backwards in some rooms." So for hot water in the shower...you turned the handle to "C." Why they don't tell you this at check-in...I have no idea. We wasted 10-15 minutes of water just waiting for it to get hot. As for WiFi - the hotel has it now, but speeds are slow in both the common areas and the rooms. I wanted to put a new movie on my Ipad for the children to watch on the plane ride home, and it wasn't downloaded in 4 hours. That's a joke. Pool is nice, with a nice shallow spot for the 5 year olds, but NOTE: neighbors (non-guests) use the pool, which is not locked, has no required room-card-key entry and no lifeguard. While we were there, it was 100 degrees, and we met a lovely couple from "down the road" who said their air conditioning wasn't working so they just use the pool to cool off. Hey, it's free and nobody's checking. TV does NOT have Disney Channel for the kids. TAXI - I needed to go into Nashville for a meeting while my husband and kids visited family, and the front desk person told me it would be about "30 dollars." He booked me a cab. The driver was on time but tried to take a longer route (I know the way, but this time didn't want to rent another car for just this one meeting.) When I questioned the driver...he said, "Oh, oh..I did not mean to get in this lane, you are right, you are right..." and he went the short and correct route which was 12 dollars. Was the hotel getting a kickback or something? Or did this driver have a deal with the guy who booked him to split the overage? How often does this happen??

PROS: Kids loved the breakfast, and the staff who worked the breakfast area were super-nice. My boys wanted doughnuts, however, and we were told they NEVER offer doughnuts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no bathroom leaks and proper hot/cold piping.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank NWWineGirl
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was the most upsacle of the few dozen different Hamptons we have stayed in--at least in the common areas, which were paneled with dark wood and nicely carpeted. The guest rooms and amenities were decidely average, however, despite the $170 rate. In effect you are paying for the upsacle Green Hills location in Nashville. Our room had an HVAC unit that sounded like a Mack truck when it kicked in. There was no night light in the bath hairdryer as there should be, and the TV channel selection was quite skimpy. (We did not use the pool, workout room or wifi.) Breakfast was Hampton average as well.

Room Tip: Trafficnoise does not appear to be an issue in this neighborhood.
Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family