CONS: We stayed for 4 nights in room 515 to visit family in the area. Our 5 year old twins do not sleep well when we jam them onto a pull-out sofa bet together, so we always get a rollaway single bed brought in at most suite hotels we use. This time; the "suite" was so small, the bed ONLY fit in the kitchen area; putting my child's body next to the refrigerator and oven. NOT cool. So we pulled the mattress off and fit that on the floor tightly in another spot...you could NOT walk with the mattress down. My child had to sleep on the floor, which is ALSO NOT COOL but better than next to appliances running all night. Also - our toilet had a leak, and the housekeepers routinely placed folded towels to the side of the toilet - but it leaked for four entire days! We reported the leak to the manager during checkout - mostly because we wanted to see if this astonishing oversite would continue...and it it.. (wasn't it raining in 415?) Also - we got no hot water for showers for the first day; and when I called the front desk to report THAT problem I was told that "the pipes were installed backwards in some rooms." So for hot water in the shower...you turned the handle to "C." Why they don't tell you this at check-in...I have no idea. We wasted 10-15 minutes of water just waiting for it to get hot. As for WiFi - the hotel has it now, but speeds are slow in both the common areas and the rooms. I wanted to put a new movie on my Ipad for the children to watch on the plane ride home, and it wasn't downloaded in 4 hours. That's a joke. Pool is nice, with a nice shallow spot for the 5 year olds, but NOTE: neighbors (non-guests) use the pool, which is not locked, has no required room-card-key entry and no lifeguard. While we were there, it was 100 degrees, and we met a lovely couple from "down the road" who said their air conditioning wasn't working so they just use the pool to cool off. Hey, it's free and nobody's checking. TV does NOT have Disney Channel for the kids. TAXI - I needed to go into Nashville for a meeting while my husband and kids visited family, and the front desk person told me it would be about "30 dollars." He booked me a cab. The driver was on time but tried to take a longer route (I know the way, but this time didn't want to rent another car for just this one meeting.) When I questioned the driver...he said, "Oh, oh..I did not mean to get in this lane, you are right, you are right..." and he went the short and correct route which was 12 dollars. Was the hotel getting a kickback or something? Or did this driver have a deal with the guy who booked him to split the overage? How often does this happen??
PROS: Kids loved the breakfast, and the staff who worked the breakfast area were super-nice. My boys wanted doughnuts, however, and we were told they NEVER offer doughnuts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Green Hills is located in the upscale retail district of Green Hills, just minutes from Midtown Nashville. We offer both rooms and suites with full kitchens. Our outdoor pool and Jacuzzi is seasonal. Shopping and restaurants are in walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is traditional Georgian architecture with marble floors and cherry paneling in the lobby. A welcoming fire in the fireplace greets you in the winter months. We have three meeting rooms available including a cherry paneled boardroom accommodating 14, a lobby level space for as many as 25, and a rooftop glass enclosed reception space which can accommodate up to 75. Shuttle service within the Green Hills area is available M-F during business hours based on availability. Complimentary WIFI is always available as well as hot breakfast each day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Green Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville - Green Hills
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Green Hills Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Nashville Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Hotel Nashville