“Nice hotel near Vanderbilt and Music Row”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed at the Embassy Suites while attending a convention downtown at the convention center. I thought the hotel was nice - the suite was nicely decorated, spacious and clean and I didn't have any issues with the room or service. There is a free breakfast in the morning (which included hot food as well as cold) and it was good. I did not use any of the exercise facilities while I was there, but I know they had them. The hotel also has a van that can take you places nearby (Vanderbilt, for example, if you don't want to walk) The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, I was pleased with my stay.

A few things to know: The hotel is not near the convention center or 2nd Avenue (the Riverfront), which was fine for me. It is withing walking distance of Vanderbilt University, Music Row and plenty of places to eat. (Just keep in mind that this is downtown Nashville, so I (as a woman) would not go walking around the city at night alone). I remember the hotel does charge a fee to park a car at the hotel, so I did not rent a car. Parking in this part of Nashville can be an issue at times, so if you are going nearby you might want to skip the car. I ended up taking a cab rides to and from the airport which cost me $25 each way.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed June 6, 2008

This is one of the best Embassy Suites I have stayed in. It's clean, spacious and close to everything you could need in Nashville. You're about a five minute cab ride from the honkey tonks, although a shuttle will drop you off free of charge. The linens are very clean and although I did not eat at the Omaha Steakhouse located in hotel, the menu looked excellent. The only drawback is that you have to pay $17 for valet parking ($14 if you park yourself). I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. I let the travel agent book it without knowing a lot about downtown Nashville.

The hotel lobby was nice and staff very professional. They have a free happy hour in the evening and made to order breakfast. Both were very popular and the lobby room was full.

My room was clean and everything worked well. It hasn't been updated in a while.

The hotel restaurant was ok at best, but very pricey. I would not recommend it. I ordered the chepest thing I could find and it ended up being $30.

Parking fee was a surprise for this part of the country.

This hotel is near the Vanderbilt campus but not a great place to walk around. There were street people sitting on the corners and since I wasn't sure where I was going decided it wasn't a place to be after dark.

There are other hotels in the area which would be better choices unless you are going to the Vanderbilt campus.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank biztravel2
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This is an 11 story Embassy Suites located a mile or so from downtown Nashville near Vanderbilt University. For those who require this location, this hotel should serve you adequately. However, we were passing through Nashville and location was not of great concern. We could have stayed at another ES in the metro area and likely will next time. It did not occur to me that parking would be $16 per night in Nashville (I would not have been surprised in Chicago or New York). The room size was slightly less than we had found at recent ES stays elsewhere. We also found that our area of the top floor vibrated from some type roof equipment - so I would ask for a lower floor at this hotel if you are sensitive to such movement and humming sounds. In fairness to the hotel, it was Christmas night, and I can't fault that the restaurant was closed at 6:00 pm or that happy hour was barely functioning (no glasses, stacked-up trash and dirty dishes). Embassy runs a good operation, but things didn't click at this one for us.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank jimjade3
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I am not a fan of Atrium style hotels - but the Embassy Suites at Vanderbilt was quiet, with friendly staff and close enough to walk to some great restaurants nearby. We ate at BrickTop and had a terrific meal.

Will stay here again when visiting Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MegaCat13
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Stayed here while visiting Vanderbilt Medical Center, so booked at medical rate. Very convenient to Vanderbilt center & campus, but not too far from downtown music scene. If you're visiting Vanderbilt this is the place to stay. Morning cooked to order breakfast was really good!

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank hatchetsup
Reviewed November 24, 2007

I had a really great time in this hotel. Its many amenities (fitness room, great breakfasts, 'manager's reception', shuttle) in addition to the large and well equipped suites make it one of my favourite hotels I have ever stayed in.

The staff were not as knowledgable as I would have liked about the local area, but were unfailingly pleasant and helpful and the in house 'steak house' restaurant was good for room service.

All in all a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple