“Usually a big fan, but...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Usually a big fan, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Let me just say that I am usually a big fan of Embassy Suites but this one had some problems. They were fully booked when we were there and it was chaotic. The staff were great-they went out of their way to be helpful, friendly and accommodating. Everyone, from housekeeping to front desk to valets, were great. The rooms were a problem though. None of us slept well at all-the room was noisy! Not just a little noisy-street noise, bathroom and hallway noise were constant. There were several athletic teams in the hotel that were up late celebrating up and down the halls, the elevator dinging was constant and the toilet ran all night. The mattresses were very soft and both of us were sore by morning. Staff did their best to make our stay pleasant and the location was perfect for our purposes. The hotel shuttle was very convenient and the driver friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Prices were good for Nashville but Nashville prices tend to run a little high.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators. Rooms close to Broadway have street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

Thanks for being our guest and for sharing the kind words about our staff along with feedback on your experience. I'm sorry that noise and a soft mattress kept us from being able to deliver the type of experience our guests expect and deserve. We hope to see you back the next time you are in town so that we can better deliver on that promise.

Best Regards,
Scott Balmaseda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We took a large group to the Embassy Suites Vanderbilt and had a really good experience. The hotel staff ensured that all of our needs were handled smoothly, which isn't easy with a huge group like ours. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. They all have mini fridges, which is a huge plus for us. Hotel is situated a short walk from a ton of great restaurants and bars with live music, so the location fit our needs great. The free breakfast in the morning hit the spot before our long day ahead.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor so you can hear the live music more as you're falling asleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing the kind words about our staff and for placing your trust in our hotel for your event. We hope we will have the opportunity to host your group again the next time they are in Nashville!

Best Regards,

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Room was spotless, staff from front desk on were incredibly friendly. Hotel provided shuttle service to Bridgestone Arena where we attended the George Jones Tribute concert ( which was awesome beyond belief). The breakfast is always good with the exception this one time of the waffles- they were very heavy. Usually they are great. We love this hotel. Lots of places in walking distance too.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to balcony tend to be little noisier when the night time party folks come in at 3 am, o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Embassy Suites are my favorite hotel chain and Embassy Suites Vanderbilt in Nashville met all my high expectations of the brand. From the room size to the free breakfast and manager reception and the free shuttle, you just can find anything better. Staff is very helpful, property is very clean. Awesome all the way around. Definelty would stay there again and highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Vine Grove, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Nashville Embassy Suites on Broadway is a very comfortable hotel. The lobby was clean and neat. The room was spacious and spotless. We'll stop there again. The shower head was very good. Why does my review require a minimum of 200 characters? Everyone doesn't want to read a long review.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel welcome and appreciated. The rooms were roomy and spotless. The complimentary breakfast can't be beat with made to order omelets, waffles, and no long waiting line and plenty of comfortable seating. The shuttle service was excellent- fun, friendly and respectful young men. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will look for another Embassy Suites for my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Sand Springs, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband & I went on a couples trip to Nashville the end of September to the first of October. As far as our time spent in Nashville we had a great time. Unfortunately what happened when we left has left a horrible feeling of the Embassy Suites-Vanderbilt. I accidentally left my three rings in our room when we checked out. How I didn't notice is amazing to me but I did. I called & spoke to Scott who is the manager & he was very nice & told me he would look into it. When he called back he told me he had spoken the the other managers & to the person who cleaned our room. Of course no one had seen them. Granted I should have been more alert to putting them on but that morning was sort of a strange morning as one of the people in our party was not feeling well. Whatever the reason they were my rings not whoever found them. I would expect the employees of any hotel to turn in any items someone accidentally left behind. Unfortunately I do not feel that is what happens at the Embassy Suites-Vanderbilt in Nashville. These rings are not costume jewelry, one was an heirloom, which can not be replaced. They do not belong to any one else. They belong to me!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DEllen6
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for being a guest at our hotel. I'm very sorry that we were unsuccesfull in finding the rings you had reported missing after your stay. I can understand how import they were to you and how frustrated you must feel in not being able to locate them.

In fairness to our staff, a hotel like ours often has hundreds of items that end up in our Lost and Found each month including everything from a pair of socks to items of high value like jewelry, cell phones and I-pads. I really beleive our team does a good job of looking out for our guests personal property that is accidently miss placed or left behind, sorry again for not being able to help in your case.

Best regards,