“Disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband & I went on a couples trip to Nashville the end of September to the first of October. As far as our time spent in Nashville we had a great time. Unfortunately what happened when we left has left a horrible feeling of the Embassy Suites-Vanderbilt. I accidentally left my three rings in our room when we checked out. How I didn't notice is amazing to me but I did. I called & spoke to Scott who is the manager & he was very nice & told me he would look into it. When he called back he told me he had spoken the the other managers & to the person who cleaned our room. Of course no one had seen them. Granted I should have been more alert to putting them on but that morning was sort of a strange morning as one of the people in our party was not feeling well. Whatever the reason they were my rings not whoever found them. I would expect the employees of any hotel to turn in any items someone accidentally left behind. Unfortunately I do not feel that is what happens at the Embassy Suites-Vanderbilt in Nashville. These rings are not costume jewelry, one was an heirloom, which can not be replaced. They do not belong to any one else. They belong to me!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DEllen6
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for being a guest at our hotel. I'm very sorry that we were unsuccesfull in finding the rings you had reported missing after your stay. I can understand how import they were to you and how frustrated you must feel in not being able to locate them.

In fairness to our staff, a hotel like ours often has hundreds of items that end up in our Lost and Found each month including everything from a pair of socks to items of high value like jewelry, cell phones and I-pads. I really beleive our team does a good job of looking out for our guests personal property that is accidently miss placed or left behind, sorry again for not being able to help in your case.

Best regards,

Scott Balmaseda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I selected this hotel as it was walking distance for me to Vanderbilt Hospital, where I needed to visit for work. The rooms are huge, clean and comfortable with all amenities - even an iron and ironing board which unfortunately is a rare thing these days! There are numerous restaurants in the blocks nearby and it's not far from downtown if that takes your fancy instead. The room service was great with a good selection, brekky was everything you could want including lovely cooked to order omelettes as well as a good hot and cold selection. There are also free bevvies and snacks in the evening. Wifi was free with my room and was super reliable. Small 'shop' downstairs for nibbles and anything you've forgotten. Mild amount of noise in my room after 8pm due to live band at bar in the backstreet nearby but nothing I couldn't sleep through, even with jetlag! Staff were very friendly, especially the brekky staff :-)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is nice, clean, and convenient. Service was outstanding! Everyone was professional, friendly, fun, and very helpful. Front desk people were great and we loved each shuttle driver we had for evening runs to dinner and Honky-Tonks.
Free happy hour in the evening and full breakfasts, can't beat it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Decatur, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This Embassy Suites is lovely, absolutely nothing wrong with it. The real challenge is that the price was WAY out of line with what I would have expected to pay for a similar stay. It was booked through a group that was having a conference at the hotel. Usually, this national nonprofit receives great discounts. But, I have paid much less to stay in much more luxurious hotels in Boston, New York, Los Angeles. The cost was just a little ridiculous!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

De Soto, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Rooms were large enough to accomodate 6 women and all our stuff. The rooms were clean and roomy. The free breakfast and evening drinks were great. We made use of the shuttle the first night. Make sure you make reservations (both dropoff and pick) early because they do bookup. Last pickup is 10:00 pm. But we were close enough to walk to a couple spots after we got back to hotel. Cabs are easy to get to and from downtown though. It was a little to far to walk to music row, over a mi

We all loved Nashville!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the night of our wedding. It was beautiful. Some loud party/bar was going on outside our room, but the microwave was nice so we could finally have a chance to eat our dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful with arranging transportation. The hotel provided free shuttle service within 2 mile radius. Rooms were large and clean. Great hot breakfast included with made to order items including eggs and waffles.