Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #32 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Friendly and warm service. Hotel was in the perfect location and the free shuttle to town was a nice surprise. A nice clean hotel with a great warm feel. The rooms were perfect for me and it was cleaned well. The room service was quick and very friendly . Highly recommend it Overall i had a great stay at the hotel and the staff were very helpful. Security was top notch Breakfast was a perfect start to the day, I wish they had a pool that would of been the icing on the cake. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to visit Nashville for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was an excellent choice near Vanderbilt Medical Center. I booked this last minute and took advantage of Hilton Honors awards points. It was easy to locate and service was commendable. My only disappointment was paying for parking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for my friend's bachelorette weekend and were pretty satisfied with our stay. We had a two queen bed suite, which was very spacious. We had five women in it and had plenty of room (with the exception of sharing one bathroom). It was nice that there was a separate sitting area with a tv, pull out couch, mini fridge, and microwave. The surrounding area was filled with many restaurants/shops in walking distance. The main "strip" downtown is still a mile or two away, but there is plenty in the area to eat. There was a mini mart a block down for snacks/drinks, and the Mexican restaurant across the street has free queso dip/chips during happy hour from 4-7 p.m. every night.

The hotel also has a nightly happy hour from 5:30-7:30 with free wine, beer, and liquor, plus snacks. The breakfast spread at the hotel was amazing - made to order omelets, waffles, etc. - along with other warm and cold breakfast items.

We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor so internet was free, but it looked like it was a fee otherwise. There was also a free shuttle to take you within a two-mile radius, however, we found it books up quickly. The first night we were there, there was a concert nearby, so the shuttle was basically just running back and forth all night and wouldn't go anywhere else. The other negative was that even though we didn't have a car, a friend came to visit and even though she was there only about an hour, they still charged us the $16/day parking fee. A final negative is that they were a little slow in cleaning our room and when they finally came we just asked for some more clean towels only to find out later that they were not in fact clean.

Overall though, the hotel was very nice, the happy hour/breakfast were impressive, and the location was really good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
erlanger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed with 5 other female friends for a bachelorette party. When I booked the room, I was told one price (including taxes.) When I checked out, I was overcharged. When I spoke to the desk, I was told it was "how their system worked with debit cards" and that the remaining money would be deposited within a few business days. I recently called in an attempt to get my money back, but I received no help. The manager stated that the parking charge and taxes made up for the difference, when in fact I was overcharged by at least $50. In addition to this, there was feces caked on the floor in one of the hallways. It smelled awful the entire stay. The parking garage was a joke. It was terribly constructed and had such tight corners it was almost impossible to avoid hitting a wall. Not to mention the $16 dollars a day to self park. I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank kentucky31
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I am aware of the unfortunate incident over that weekend in one of our hallways invloving another guest. Our staff did the best they could to clean this up the day it occurred, but unfortunately we were unable to fully address the problem until we could have that hallway carpet proffessionally cleaned the following Monday.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Debit Card, I'm not sure which Manager was helping you with this, but I would like to personally take a look at this to ensure everything is correct. Please give me a call at 615-320-8899 so that we can review your charges and get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Scott Balmaseda
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. Overall, I was quite happy during my visit. First, my room/suite was updated, large, and most importantly appeared clean. As others have mentioned there are multiple restaurants surrounding the hotel you are able to walk to and from. I did eat at the hotel one night (omaha steakhouse?) which was okay (wasnt the best, wasnt the worst). I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot rate that. Again, as others have mentioned it does get rather loud at night. My room/suite was on the backside of the building so I did notice the noise at night. One night it did wake me up, as some nights were louder than others. This may be problematic if you have early mornings. I used my TV as a buffer to the noise, which helped. However, the TV connection was spotty for multiple days and they do not offer every station. I did call about the tv reception and was told it was a known problem that was in the process of being resolved. For as much as the customers pay, I would think they would try to resolve this quicker but I did notice it a difference by the end of the week. Lastly, the roof top deck was lacking. It was not well maintained, clean and was also very loud. I went out once to see the view (which was nice) but that was enough. Again, while it wasnt a perfect stay, I would I was happy with room and overall hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brutus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was there with my daughter who was in town for business and who paid for the room. Would give 5 start but part of my ratings are always value for the money spent and this hotel is on the expensive side.

Room was beautiful with more than everything needed. Lobby area and staff were great. Elevator on the slow side. Internet was included with corporate rate she had but do not believe it is included in all rates. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic with hot and cold foods including an omelet station. Valet service worked well but as expected is costly. Did not use shuttle or any other services so cannot comment them.

Gigi's cupcakes across street...YUM!! and other restaurants within easy walking distance make this a nice location. Not close enough to Downtown to walk that though. We did walk about a mile to a restaurant we wanted to go to and it was a nice walk. Only concern was noise from the separate Bar on the back side of the hotel. We were on the 9th floor and at midnight my legs were tapping to the beat as I fell asleep. Ok for me but for those who need quiet the backside of the building might not be the best.

Room Tip: Avoid back side of hotel if music from the neighboring bar will bother you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
darnestown md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here in February while visiting Vanderbilt University. Nice large room, comfortable bed, large bathroom and shower. Very clean hotel. All rooms are suites, so it was very spacious. Separate living room with pull out bed. Nice hot breakfast in morning. Not much of a cocktail hour or food served in afternoon but it is nice that they even offer it at all. Great shuttle that drops off/picks up within 2 miles of hotel-to Vanderbilt, downtown Nashville, etc. However, they stop running at about 10pm and get booked up in advance. I would recommend making your reservations with their shuttle service when you arrive. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family