“Overall very happy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Cleveland
“Overall very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've stayed at other Embassy Suites and let me say they are all pretty much the same. I will keep it short and to the basics. The location is absolutely great and the shuttle service that will take you in a 2 mile radius is top notch. Every single hotel employee I encountered was very friendly and nice to deal with. Rooms were clean with the layout as what you would expect at a ES. Lobby area was clean and appeared to be well kept. The only area that could be improved would be the garage like others had said. I do understand they are working with a small and old garage and a complete renovation probably doesn't make sense, but it could use a good power wash, especially around the elevator area. This by no means negatively affected my stay. Overall, I'll surely be back to Nashville and would very likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QB18000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed there for my one week course with Belmont University. Pleasant stay, helpful staff, I heard there was a shuttle to downtown even though I didn't take it.

Breakfast was nice, but had exactly the same spread for the entire 5 days I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Standard ES layout and features, but this particular property did not live up to expectations. First, let me start by saying that the service was very good, especially the guys at the door and the front desk staff. The rooms were clean and the living area and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, but the beds (two full beds) were so crammed into the room that you could only access the beds from one side, since the other side was so close to the wall. The breakfast was the standard ES fare, with omelets being the specialty (other made to order items like pancakes were of the very basic IHOP kind - nothing wrong with that, just that they don't get as much attention as the omelets). At this particular property the breakfast area was very crammed, with tables in hallway/traffic areas, even two feet from the restroom doors. With the hotel less than half occupied, I cannot imagine how it would be with full occupancy. The worse was the parking (which other reviewers complained about, but I never thought it would really be that bad). The parking garage was extremely crammed, with difficult, narrow turns and very small spaces, half of which did not have enough clearance for minivans or SUVs. Luckily with the low occupancy we were able to use two spaces. Also the concrete in the garage, all the way to the hotel elevator, was filthy and could seriously use a power wash.

Room Tip: Be aware of the parking situation if you have a big vehicle
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank casoenna
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a space in our garage with enough room for your vehicle, we do plan to complete a deep cleaning of that area over the upcoming Christmas holiday while the hotel is at low occupancy. Our guest comfort and convenience are of utmost importance and we are definitely taking your comments into consideration to help us improve our guest experience. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Can't say anything bad about the trip. My friends and I went down there for a weekend trip to see the Bears play. We didn't spend an excessive amount of time there, but the service was great, the room was nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. It is located near Vanderbilt and is walking distance to many good bars and restaurants. They also provided a shuttle to a brewery tour that was a couple miles away, and even picked us up when the cab that we called did not come. On gameday they even provided a shuttle to the downtown area. Breakfast buffet was great, enough options to satisfy. We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor, so the room was expected to be bigger and it was and was in great condition. All in all I would recommend it here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeff V
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
That's what we like to hear, I'm glad you had such a good experience! Congratulations on your teams victory. They really gave our Titans a beating that day, but we'll be back and we hope to see you back as well the next time!

East Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Outstanding in every way. From the check in to the breakfast to the managers receptions, never a bad experience. I have stayed here atleast 20 nights in the past 3 or 4 years and it is a very well run hotel. Location is excellent and the service has always been first rate.

Room Tip: If you self park you can access your room easily and get your car quicker than the valet. I have st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your ongoing patronage! I look forwrd to sharing your feedback with our team.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We needed a room for one night after driving from Louisville. I was attending a luncheon with an old friend. My wife preferred to stay at the hotel and therefore we needed an early check in. Katherine, the receptionist on the phone, advised that she would take care of our needs. Sure enough she did, checking us in with a big smile and arranging for a non-smoking room near the elevator as requested. Could not have been better. So I was happy as was my wife.

On arrival I found that there was a free shuttle available to carry us within a two mile radius. That made it easy to decide on leaving the car at the hotel and catching a ride to Vanderbilt rather than trying to find a parking space there. For many people walking there is a good choice but not for me. By choosing valet parking I did not have to worry about carrying bags, looking for a spot, etc etc. A few dollars difference was well worth it. Incidentally many of the hotels near Vanderbilt charge for parking also. The valet staff also handles the shuttle. They were friendly and efficient. I saw two different vehicles being used including one that handled ten large men.( maybe nine).

One thing to watch out for is the timing of your visit. If it is parents weekend, reunion or a football game, be sure that you know what the pricing will be. It seems to vary depending upon what is happening. You may wish to compare prices with other venues further away from Vanderbilt. We were there midweek and with AARP or AAA we were quite satisfied with the cost benefit ratio.

It is pretty good when you can have complimentary breakfast eggs cooked to order with all the bacon you want. The lobby atrium had good conversation areas.

We enjoyed our stay in the two rooms (with bath, refrigerator etc) .that were quiet even though very close to the elevator.

We will use them again when I go back for my 65th Vanderbilt Reunion!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the nice feedback on your experience. Glad to hear that Katherine was able to help out with your request and that you and your wife enjoyed your Vanderbilt reunion visit, we will look forward to your return for the next one!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were here only for one night and everything went well. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the bathroom was stocked with toiletries and plenty of towels.
Check-in was a breeze and didn't take long at all.

The only downside for me was the parking $16 to self park $4 to valet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks, we hope to see you back the next time you are in town!