WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #32 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
East Tennessee
“Always a pleasure to stay here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Outstanding in every way. From the check in to the breakfast to the managers receptions, never a bad experience. I have stayed here atleast 20 nights in the past 3 or 4 years and it is a very well run hotel. Location is excellent and the service has always been first rate.

Room Tip: If you self park you can access your room easily and get your car quicker than the valet. I have st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your ongoing patronage! I look forwrd to sharing your feedback with our team.

Scott Balmaseda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We needed a room for one night after driving from Louisville. I was attending a luncheon with an old friend. My wife preferred to stay at the hotel and therefore we needed an early check in. Katherine, the receptionist on the phone, advised that she would take care of our needs. Sure enough she did, checking us in with a big smile and arranging for a non-smoking room near the elevator as requested. Could not have been better. So I was happy as was my wife.

On arrival I found that there was a free shuttle available to carry us within a two mile radius. That made it easy to decide on leaving the car at the hotel and catching a ride to Vanderbilt rather than trying to find a parking space there. For many people walking there is a good choice but not for me. By choosing valet parking I did not have to worry about carrying bags, looking for a spot, etc etc. A few dollars difference was well worth it. Incidentally many of the hotels near Vanderbilt charge for parking also. The valet staff also handles the shuttle. They were friendly and efficient. I saw two different vehicles being used including one that handled ten large men.( maybe nine).

One thing to watch out for is the timing of your visit. If it is parents weekend, reunion or a football game, be sure that you know what the pricing will be. It seems to vary depending upon what is happening. You may wish to compare prices with other venues further away from Vanderbilt. We were there midweek and with AARP or AAA we were quite satisfied with the cost benefit ratio.

It is pretty good when you can have complimentary breakfast eggs cooked to order with all the bacon you want. The lobby atrium had good conversation areas.

We enjoyed our stay in the two rooms (with bath, refrigerator etc) .that were quiet even though very close to the elevator.

We will use them again when I go back for my 65th Vanderbilt Reunion!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the nice feedback on your experience. Glad to hear that Katherine was able to help out with your request and that you and your wife enjoyed your Vanderbilt reunion visit, we will look forward to your return for the next one!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were here only for one night and everything went well. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the bathroom was stocked with toiletries and plenty of towels.
Check-in was a breeze and didn't take long at all.

The only downside for me was the parking $16 to self park $4 to valet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks, we hope to see you back the next time you are in town!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We came here for the Colts game. While the location and service are amazing the value is not. Two nights set us back $774. Advertised as $289 / night we were surprised to see nearly 20% in hotel taxes and fees. Extra person charge $10 / night? Was that my wife or 4 year old?

Location. Right in the heart of downtown with great restaurants all around. The shuttle will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius until 10 pm. That's a definite perk.

Room. The room was huge, even by Embassy Suites standards - we could have fit 2 more families of three! The problem was the furniture, colors, carpet and fixtures all need a serious upgrade in order to justify the price tag.

Breakfast. The food was so-so. The waffles are good and the fried eggs decent, but what about some biscuits and gravy? The Embassy Suites in Ridgeland, MS has that and it's $160 per night!

Manager's Special. They have a great bartender for this thing, but the quality of the liquor is appalling. I'm not looking for anything crazy, but we're in TN, where's the Jack?

Facilities. The place is decently clean, but we did find our room in questionable condition. On day two one of the elevators went down. That made checkout "fun."

Highlights. The vallet service was the best I've seen, fast, responsive, courteous, professional. The front desk was knowledgable and tried to make the experience positive. The location can't be beat - Hattie B's Hot Chicken across the street; all the flavor of Princes' without the need to carry a firearm.

Final Thoughts. Unless this place gets remodeled or the price goes down to meet the quality we won't be back. I love Emassy Suites hotels but I'm just not going to shell out the greenbacks for a substandard hotel. I'll be at Best Western next time in Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank X58627
Please accept my apology on our behalf for an experience that fell below expectations. We have a great team here and work hard to try and insure that each guest has the best possible experience while at our hotel.

We have our next phase of renovation work scheduled to begin this winter, which is sure to address some of your concerns related to decor. Thank you for staying with us, I hope you will decide to give us another opportunity to become your hotel of choice in Nashville.

Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed one night at this hotel. I was quite disappointed. Internet is $5.99 per device per day. There was a roach in our room (#624). We had a very noisy location near the elevator. All night long, we could hear people at the elevator just talking away. I slept two hours! The rate of $330 was ridiculous for this hotel. One elevator was broken, so the wait was long. It was very hot in our room even though we turned the thermostat down to 70, it just didn't cool down. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dawn_Ford
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for being our guest, I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for all the inconveniences that you endured.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good location. Nice bathroom separate sleeping area with pull out sofa. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Nothing exceptional but would probably stay here again. Parking garage is very narrow - so beware !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vickie T
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Nashville. I appreciate you taking the time to share the nice feedback, we look forward to your next visit!
Best regards,
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My brother and I recently visited Nashville for the first time. We were overall very happy with our stay at the Embassy Suites. Our room truly was non-smoking. All of the elevators worked. I could eat cooked-to-order-breakfast near a large fountain or on the rooftop if I wished (my large fountain at home is broken). Everyone we talked to at the hotel was friendly. I would especially like to thank the day-desk staff and the night-desk man and night security guard for helping to make this trip memorable.

The hotel is in a good location. Several good eating establishments and at least 5 "locals" places to consume adult beverages are within easy walking distance. There's a Mexican restaurant with valet parking next door and I will definitely have to try out the cupcake shop my next visit. Almost all tourist locales are a short ride on their complimentary shuttle service.

My only complaint is the narrow narrow parking garage. Both parking and the turns are very tight for anything larger than a car or mini van. I noticed that I had "brushed" one of the poles with my truck trying to back up. This was during the day with all my wits about me. (You have been warned).

One tip....The shuttle service travels about three miles from the hotel. If you plan on using it in the evening, be sure to reserve a time. The shuttle seems to be busiest at night. If you call at the last minute, you may find yourself taking a cab instead (approx. $8)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share the great feedback on our hotel and your experience.

I'm sorry to hear about your truck, I realize navigating our parking garage can be a challenge with a larger vehicle. Please consider using our Valet parking as an option the next time you are in town, we have intentionally priced it close to the same as what many of our competitors charge for self parking.

Best regards,