“good stay, good value, good location with Gigi's cupcakes across the street!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Bluffton, South Carolina
“good stay, good value, good location with Gigi's cupcakes across the street!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I picked this hotel from reviews on trip advisor. we were in nashville visiting my son. the location was good, I could walk to the vanderbilt/hillsboro area though some of the sections were a bit dicey but short lived. the breakfast with fresh omelets was a real treat. the evening reception was ok, nothing wonderful but great to take a glass of wine back to the room. my husband liked the workout room. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catsandroses

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy for four nights after spending some time in Gatlinburg Tn.
We were very pleased with our room. The hotel has been well maintained and the rooms are quite roomy. There were three of us staying in Nashville.
Each morning we were treated to a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We enjoyed selecting from omelets bacon sausage scrambled eggs cereal yogurt and pastries.
Overall it was a very enjoyable start to each day. Then we arrived back at our room after a day of sightseeing. The hotel served Happy Hour from 5:30-7:30. Free drinks.( this is very rare in Canada,) so my husband was quite content spending a few relaxing hours in the hotel lobby enjoying some scotch and my little brother enjoyed his Pink Ladies...The staff was great and friendly. Seth our bartender was really sweet. Not to be outdone by our Omelet chef.(sorry I never got his name.)
But overall the hotel was great, it is a bit off the beaten path if you want to walk to most of the attractions downtown, you couldn't walk there but they do have shuttles and trolley cars to get you around nicely.
The cupcake store (Gigi's) across the street from the hotel was fabulous and I wish I could have brought some home for my family to enjoy...
we would stay at the Embassy again if we make it back to Nashville.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilysmiles1
Metrowest, MA
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We like Embassy Suite hotels. However, this hotel doesn't meet the standards that we experienced in DC at the Dupont Circle branch. This is more geared to business clients associated with the university or many hospitals. The Omaha restaurant was overpriced and the waitstaff was not as professional as other establishments. On the up side the hotel was very clean and the main desk was very helpful. Breakfast is always a treat and very well presented. The cook preparing the omelets and waffles was in need of help but did a great job keeping up with the demand. The shuttle was a a bonus, dropping us anywhere within a 2-mi. area from the hotel. We would stay here again if the price was right. BTW, very comfy beds but walls are not insulated and you can hear your neighbors.

Room Tip: Book early so you can get the best deals.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Customer service at check- in was less than satisfactory. The attendant acted so busy however we were the only people checking in at that time. She didn't even make eye contact. The staff was very rude and told us they had no availability until I told her that DoubleTree said they did and sent us there then there was one magical room available. The shuttle needed at least 1 preferably 2 hour notice to be scheduled, so we just walked downtown which was not a bad walk during the day but we did taxi back late that night. The rooms were so loud you could hear the showers/commodes from the surrounding rooms like they were in your room. The furniture in the suite was very dated and worn. However, on the positive side the bathrooms were very well furnished and the continental breakfast was great and the omelet station was quick and delish!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Yesterday a large group that I'm part of had a dinner and dance in the banquet facilities at the Embassy Suites. Where do I start with the awful experience we had here? A rude waiter who knocked over someones beer and then refused to replace it was the start of the night. The hotel didn't seem to understand that a dance involves music, so when they got noise complaints, we were required to turn the music way down. What?! Why didn't they put us in a location where that wouldn't be a problem? They kicked out a guy who asked for water, which they refused, and he said it was ridiculous that he couldn't get any water. After kicking him out, they promptly placed out water. To top it off, they discriminated against two gay men who were kissing in one of the hallways. None of the straight couples were asked to leave for similar behavior. I almost forgot, they broke their contract with us to rent the facilities until 12. They sent us all packing at 11:15.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank aktristans
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Not once did the front desk guy look me in the eye. He was in a hurry to get rid of me and I was the only one in the lobby. I have stayed at several Embassy Suites and the manager recep. was always great, this one was sub-par the snacks were a few chips and salsa and chex mix. The shuttle service stinks, take a taxi! It is only about $6 to 4th street. We tried to call them several times, for a ride back to the hotel only for no one to answer the phone, when we walked the 17 blocks we found the valet guy outside talking to some guy on a motorcycle. The noise wasnt too bad but be sure to shut your bathroom door, you can hear everything, and I mean everything when someone is in the bath room next door. I was very disappointed in this embassy suites, it was at best an average stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I recently enjoyed staying here for 3 nights with my sister and neice to attend the women's SEC basketball tournament March 3-6. I was able to obtain group rates for our booster club by speaking months in advance with an awesome group sales representative, Mike Henry, who was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful to our organization, giving us a group rate, free internet access (normally $10/day), and reduced parking fees (normally $15/day). The tournament was at the Bridgestone Arena (about 1 1/2 miles away) and the free shuttle service was great at taking and picking us up, although I did also walk occasionally for a little exercise. I flew into Nashville and utilized the #18 public bus directly from the airport right to the arena for only $1.60 (my friends took my luggage with them when they drove), but if you are going right to the hotel, Mr. Henry advised that the most economical way to get to the hotel from the airport is the Greyline Airport Express. The cooked to order breakfast was very nice with plenty of room to sit in the large and beautiful lobby area. We also enjoyed the manager's reception, 5:30-7:30 in the same area for free drinks and watching more basketball on the large lcd tv's in the lobby. I did go and look at the gym and whirlpool area which looked clean and nice on the 2nd floor, but did not get a chance to use the facilities. As a Hilton gold HHonors VIP member, I was given a few amenities that were timely delivered upon arrival.
I stayed on the 7th floor and was able to preselect my room online before arrival. The 2 room suite was large (with a large hd lcd tv in each room and a door that can close in between), clean, well maintained, and we did not hear any noise from adjoining rooms, although the hotel was full. The living room area has a microwave, coffemaker (with coffe and tea), small fridge, and sofa bed. All of the staff at the hotel went out of their way to be friendly and helpful including the front desk, cleaning staff, manager's reception hostess, breakfast staff, and shuttle service. The parking garage adjoins to 3 different floors with the highest one being the 6th floor, but we had no trouble with the self park. Once there we really did not use our car, as the shuttle service was very good (you can book the shuttle in advance to assure availability). We also were able to take the shuttle to a nearby art museum (the Frist) which we enjoyed.
We ate one meal at the steak house restaurant in the hotel, and although I am a vegetarian, I was pleased with the salad options which I thought were reasonably priced and tasty. I also had a chance to utilize the business center which offers (free to everyone) internet access and a printer to print boarding passes, etc. There seems to be several restaurants within walking distance in the area, and a great cupcake place is right across the street.
I would give give this hotel and staff the highest recommendation possible and will look forward to staying here again for any future trips to Nashville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family