WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Thrifty Inn

Thrifty Inn
Ranked #140 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A place to rest on our trip to Orlando.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The family and I decided to do a road trip to Disney from MN. A day behind the wheel and needed a place to stay. The service here was amazing they let us check in at 9 am and stay overnight which is almost unheard of with today's hotels. This hotel is perfect for a one night stay to rest up. The price was great for exactly that. The only real thing I would have to complain about was cleanliness. In between the nightstand and bed was pretty gross. Don't think the vacuum has touched that area in awhile. Would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: Good for a one night stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JoeyVegas77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Port Washington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We travel every year to Florida from Wisconsin and always stay in Nashville since its about half way. Every year I try and find a good bargain for the stay. I booked two rooms at this hotel based largely on the price. About 45$ per room. Unfortunately after I booked it I started reading some of the most recent reviews and immediately became concerned, but decided to reserve judgment until after we got there. First of all, when we got there I'm pretty sure we interrupted a drug deal and the major players scattered as we drove in. Secondly, even though the rooms were booked together they were no where near each other, not even on the same floor and they refused to do anything about it or give an explanation as to why. My room was on the second floor and absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. It was so bad that I knew it had to have been a smoking room, even though I asked for nonsmoking. I have asthma and I could hardly breath after going in that room. The walls were dirty, the curtains were faded and smoke filled, the carpet was stained and filthy,and the chair in the room was positively DISGUSTING with dirt and stains all over. To be honest, from the moment we got there we felt like bugs were crawling on us it was that gross. But my room looked like a four star resort compared to the one they put my sister in. No carpet, filthy with red stains on the walls and neither the phone or the lights even worked. My sister did eventually get put into a different room finally that at least had carpet and a working phone but that's about it. In addition, if they had a better room than the original, why wouldn't they have put her in that one originally???? There was no shampoo or soaps and the beds seemed old as well. I've never been to a flop house or a crack house but I sincerely think this is as close as it gets. We had our luggage in a roof carrier and my husband was so afraid we would be robbed that he wanted to sleep in the truck and he was up all night looking out the window checking on our suitcases. The free breakfast the next day was a joke. Yes the juice machine is still broken! There was bread for toast and donuts and a couple of bagels. The jelly was so old and gummy it couldn't even be gotten out of the container. Put it this way, we had booked rooms there for on our way back through Nashville on Sunday and promptly canceled them. This place should be closed down it is that terrible. I have stayed in many places over the years as we have traveled extensively, and this was by far the worst! Spend an extra few bucks and don't waste your time or money on this place!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank BarbDeBlois
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

So you are looking for a 'Cheap' room in Nashville??? In this instance, Thrifty means Cheap... The location was convenient to where I needed to be & the price was better than average for Nashville - However, I have 3 very specific complaints which were ignored (or worse) by Management when I addressed them. 1.] The king-sized bed was BADLY swayed in the middle & the mattress was compressed to paper-thin... on both sides it was fine, however trying to sleep on either side would roll back into the middle. Management response: "Sorry, there are no other rooms available tonight." (Somewhat legitimate, but I'm sure this has been the case for months, as mattresses do not just wear out in a week - this one should have been replaced long ago). 2.] Cable TV reception in the room was fine on all channels EXCEPT HBO (advertised as Free HBO in Rooms)... Called down to the desk to report the problem & the night clerk said "Yes this has been a problem for 2 months now & we have called the cable company several times to complain - they haven't fixed it yet." - However the next morning (when the owner's wife was working the front desk) I mentioned it to her again & she said "Oh really, I don't know anything about that." to which I replied "Well the night girl said its been a problem for MONTHS." - No response from the owner's wife, as if I was talking to a wall. & # 3.] The Hotel sits on the side of I-24 so some road noise is to be expected, however I was on the opposite side of the hotel - away from the highway & could still hear traffic all night long - cant imagine how bad it must have been on the other side (facing the highway). 2 Stars - but if I think about it much longer I might drop them down to only 1.

Room Tip: For a 'Good' room - choose a different hotel, there are several in the same area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
a
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We noticed a very bad smell...like feces...and we came to realize that it was the receptionist. The body odor was very offensive and our tv was also bad so we had to change rooms which meant we had to talk to the smelly receptionist again...the room was clean so we stayed but would not go back

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jaoandb
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed in Thrifty Inn , Harding Place, Nashville, TN on the night of 8th March 2014. When we went for the breakfast we saw that all the food was expired . The service was poor duty. The juice machine was out of service from last six month as told by manager. We asked for other bread from manager after looking on the packet that it is expired she told that this is the only bread they have. Room was stinking, Main office was stinking but as we have book the room already so we do not have any choice to go at late night. But please share this with people do not go to this hotel. This heel has poor facilities and poor customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I found this to be a great $44 hotel room. Room 128 by the pool was completely clean (based on the other reviews I took all the sheets off the bed to check for blood and bed bugs and found none. I had no bug bites in the morning. I moved furniture and no roaches. Satisfied, I slept like a baby. Are there nicer places? Not for $44. See the room before you commit, but mine was clean and perfectly adequate. This was a Wednesday night, but I saw no unsavory characters.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ExploreTheWorld7865
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling to Florida after my grandmothers death and we stopped here for the night. We paid and then went to eat without checking out the room. When we did get to our room is was filthy. In the bathroom there were someone elses clothes. Trash under the beds and the sheets not clean I went to complain and she said after 15 minutes we could not have our money back but offered us another room. We checked it out it was newer with clean looking sheets but still trash under the bed. We found blood on the mattress though and when we moved the recliner in front of the door to feel safer trash fell out of it, Do not go there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Somatel Nashville Airport
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Hampton Inn Nashville-I-24 Hickory Hollow
Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/ Briley
Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds

Been to Thrifty Inn? Share your experiences!