WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“The way I was treated at the Drury makes me want to move to Nashville!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #8 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Fall River, Massachusetts
“The way I was treated at the Drury makes me want to move to Nashville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

My husband and I wanted to do something different this April with our 13-year-old son. If anyone has read my past two reviews, it seems like we only go to FL for vacation. This time we vowed to do something different. Since we all like country music, we decided to head to Nashville during my son's spring break. I admit our first hotel choice was Gaylord Opryland, but the prices were a little out of our budget range. Thanks to the high ratings at TripAdvisor, we chose the Drury-and are we glad we did! The cost of a three-night stay plus a car rental-with Drury negotiated rates- was less than half the price for what we would have paid at Gaylord Opryland!

From the moment we were picked up by Scott, the Drury shuttle driver, at the airport, we were treated like good friends. May I add that we only waited less than ten minutes for the shuttle. Mike at the front desk was very friendly and courteous to us upon check-in. We had a two-room suite for three nights that was clean and spacious. Our son loved that he had his own space with his own television.

The snack and beverage reception from 5:30-7:00 was a nice treat and consisted of veggies, tortilla chips, Chex Mix and potato chips. Plus, adults were allowed alcoholic beverages if they so desired. Also, guests received breakfast from 6:00-9:00 AM which includes scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, donuts, coffee and juices. No continental breakfast here!

What impressed me the most was the down-to-earth, friendly demeanor of the management staff. I have stayed in several hotels and have NEVER had the manager come up to me while eating to ask me if I enjoyed my stay. We really felt like the staff cared about their guests and were genuinely sincere in their efforts to make sure all guests felt welcome. Tim Tolbert, the general manager, and Michael Cline, assistant general manager, are a true asset to the Drury Hotel chain and were wonderful resources about getting around Nashville in an efficient and economic manner. I also cannot forget to mention Sherry at the front desk who also doubled as our driver back to the airport-another example of excellent customer service!

As we told Sherry as she dropped us off at the airport to head back to New England, this was one vacation we were all truly sad to see end. Our stay at the Drury certainly contributed to our feelings. We hope to return to Tennessee and will definitely stay at the Drury again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Southcoaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
ATL, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

Very simply, this is a nice hotel, it's clean and the service seemed good, but it's nothing special. On this trip, i stayed in 2 Comfort Suites and this Drury. The Drury would be my second choice of the three. It's a nice place to stay, but I have NO IDEA why it would be ranked #1 or #2 in Nashville. For comparison, this place belongs among the nicer Comfort Suites, about on par with a Hampton Inn and not as nice as the better Garden Inns (Hilton).

I arrived quite late (around 10:30pm) and felt a little like a convict when I wasn't allowed in the lobby. I didn't have a reservation, so I was checked in via the little window in the front door 'breezeway'. But that's all good since it's for security sake, I guess. The complimentary beverages are only available during the manager's reception (5pm - 7pm) so I missed out on those. Included long distance or voice mail has zero importance to me (mobile phone?) so that wasn't a bonus. The breakfast was good, but nothing I don't get at the other places mentioned above.

Point being, nice hotel, I'd even recommend it. But I didn't find anything that made it stand out.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

This is our third time staying at the Drury Inn Nashville. We really enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool and awesome breakfast. They also have a manager's reception in the evenings. My only (minor) somplaint is that the rooms are a little small. It is a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
carmel, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

We had a one night stay in Nashville and needed basic, clean accommodations. Drury Inn delivered! I highly recommend them for the overall cleanliness of the hotel, the comfort and quiet of the rooms and the very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast bar and drink station too!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

Wow! Free drinks and snacks; free soft drinks; free long-distance calls; and on and on. Super clean rooms, great staff. I could go on and on. Please, consider moving into the Pacific Northwest---we have nothing comparable.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

The Drury Inn was excellent. For reference's sake, I am a 27 year old male traveling with my 24 year old brother. We aren't too picky but do like nice hotels. Because of the TripAdvisor ranking, we chose Drury.
I booked the stay online for $119.99 per night. When I arrived the hotel the front desk advised me that they were running a special and immediately changed my room rate to $59.99, without asking. Killer way to start the evening.
Everyone at the hotel was completely courteous at all times. The rooms were clean above an expected standard.
THE SHOWERS WERE normal. I expected the usual "water saving" pansy shower heads that most hotels provide. This was not the case. The showers were full blast. I know, and anyone reading this knows, how important good quality water pressure is when staying at a hotel.
The last thing of mention was breakfast. It was good. They have the belgian waffle maker which is always nice to enjoy.
While sleeping I never was woken once by hallway noise such as loud conversation or dorrs slamming.
We only stayed for one evening on our way across the country so we didn't have a chance to check out the other perks at the Hotel.

I would recommend this first for people traveling on business. It's super quiet and would be a great place to get work done or hold small meetings. It's would be great for families vacationing in the area as well or couples who want to get away together for a while.

This is probably not the best hotel for bachelor parties or fraternity getaways, which I frequent quite often. Just not really that scene...

• Liked — The shower heads
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ThatGuy12345
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

We stopped in Nashville on our way back from Alabama. We had enjoyed the Drury Inn in Montgomery, AL.

At the State visitor centre, we found a flyer promoting $57.99 per night at the Drury Inn in Nashville. The front desk would not honor the advertised price, other people arriving with the same coupon were also told the same thing. We ended up paying $115 plus tax for one night, actually $10 more than the price that the front desk quoted me when I arrived.

We found the unit small and noisy. The lobby is messy because they serve meals and snacks right at the entrance.

The coupon bait and switch left a bad taste in my mouth. I will never stay at a Drury Inn and I will not allow my employees to stay there for business ever again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SurgeProtector
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2008
My name is Kim Chappell and I am the eMarketing Specialist for Drury Hotels. We apologize for any inconvenience and are sorry that we were unable to meet your request for a discounted rate using the RoomSaver coupon you found at the Welcome Center. These coupons are based on availability and cannot be reserved in advance. Rates for each hotel are determined after an extensive review of the value of our product compared to what other hotels in the area offer. We may not always be the least expensive hotel, but we do hope that we offer the best overall value...clean rooms, friendly service and amenities that you pay extra for at other hotels. If you have any further questions, you are always welcome to contact the hotel directly to speak with the General Manager or contact our Customer Service department. We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for sharing your concerns.