My husband and I wanted to do something different this April with our 13-year-old son. If anyone has read my past two reviews, it seems like we only go to FL for vacation. This time we vowed to do something different. Since we all like country music, we decided to head to Nashville during my son's spring break. I admit our first hotel choice was Gaylord Opryland, but the prices were a little out of our budget range. Thanks to the high ratings at TripAdvisor, we chose the Drury-and are we glad we did! The cost of a three-night stay plus a car rental-with Drury negotiated rates- was less than half the price for what we would have paid at Gaylord Opryland!
From the moment we were picked up by Scott, the Drury shuttle driver, at the airport, we were treated like good friends. May I add that we only waited less than ten minutes for the shuttle. Mike at the front desk was very friendly and courteous to us upon check-in. We had a two-room suite for three nights that was clean and spacious. Our son loved that he had his own space with his own television.
The snack and beverage reception from 5:30-7:00 was a nice treat and consisted of veggies, tortilla chips, Chex Mix and potato chips. Plus, adults were allowed alcoholic beverages if they so desired. Also, guests received breakfast from 6:00-9:00 AM which includes scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, donuts, coffee and juices. No continental breakfast here!
What impressed me the most was the down-to-earth, friendly demeanor of the management staff. I have stayed in several hotels and have NEVER had the manager come up to me while eating to ask me if I enjoyed my stay. We really felt like the staff cared about their guests and were genuinely sincere in their efforts to make sure all guests felt welcome. Tim Tolbert, the general manager, and Michael Cline, assistant general manager, are a true asset to the Drury Hotel chain and were wonderful resources about getting around Nashville in an efficient and economic manner. I also cannot forget to mention Sherry at the front desk who also doubled as our driver back to the airport-another example of excellent customer service!
As we told Sherry as she dropped us off at the airport to head back to New England, this was one vacation we were all truly sad to see end. Our stay at the Drury certainly contributed to our feelings. We hope to return to Tennessee and will definitely stay at the Drury again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at I-40 and Donelson Pike, the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport is less than one mile away from Nashville International Airport and less than 10 miles away from downtown Nashville. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast and 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. Experience "Music City" with Drury Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Drury Hotels Company, LLC so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Nashville Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville
- Drury Inn Nashville
- Nashville Drury Inn
- Drury Nashville