“Stay at hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #13 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel treats you like family. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They took care of us. Heated pool, free hot breakfast, free hot dinner and best of all is the 3 free alcoholic beverages you get with dinner. This hotel is extremely clean and well kept. I will return to this hotel for now on. One person that stood out to us was the woman at the check-in desk. Her name was Teresa. She gave us some advice on where to go during our trip.

Room Tip: we chose the king room. It was a huge bed with comfort. Room was nice sized.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our second visit to Drury Inn. The first time we visited we chose this location because it was pet friendly and we were traveling with out dog. We were so impressed that we came back, without our dog!! The location is perfect. The service is OUT OF THIS WORLD! We got a basic King room this time, which was clean and nice. I"m amazed at the cost and what you get. They could easily charge $150 a night and I would still pay that because I know what a great hotel and service they provide! We checked out at 8a, our car battery was dead. The front desk provided a battery charger for us to use. When that didn't work, the person working maintenance jumped us with her own car and cables. Now, she didn't have to do that but we truly appreciated that she did. Above and beyond. Stay here, it's a great property! Thank you Drury Inn Nashville Airport, anytime I'm in town, I'm staying with you!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank misssarahg
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very well kept. Rooms are fresh, clean, & very comfortable along with free Wi-Fi, TV, microwave & frig, plus indoor heated pool, workout room, and hot tub. Pet Friendly and gated security is a plus. Best of all, Ms. Deborah makes an awesome country breakfast!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank russel1lHouston_TX
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We only stayed one night but found the staff to be great, hotel to be clean and appealing, room nice spacious and clean, bed and bath clean, breakfast good. Would stay again without a worry. Getting kinda spendy for this level hotel.

One tip. If you are traveling with a pet, please clean up after it. We are finding that happens less this year than last and we need the good will of hotels so we can continue to travel with our dog.

Sadly Drury has added a $10 charge for pets. Non pet travelers don't like to see dog droppings on the grounds and who can blame them. I imagine if "we" don't clean up after our pets someone has to be paid to do it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Don C
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is an OK hotel - but for the price paid, we could have stayed somewhere much nicer. Rooms are very clean and well appointed, but small. Beds are not comfortable at all. Don't be fooled by the "5:30 kickback" as justification for the higher price - the food is not very good, and the bar selection extremely limited. I've stayed here twice and the food selection was identical - hot dogs, baked potatoes, mac & cheese and chicken tenders. You'll be much happier if you go OUT for dinner! Breakfast is OK - but other chains do it much better. I'm sure it wouldn't break the bank to provide individual portions of real butter instead of cheap (and disgusting) squeeze margarine that doesn't even melt on hot waffles or toast. A better grade of popcorn would be nice too - the one being used has a lot of hulls. The indoor/outdoor pool is great when it's not overcrowded and I do like the pet policy - but next time, I'll likely stay somewhere else. My final surprise was a bill under the door for my pre-paid room -- it was about $30 less than what I had already paid via website. No offer of a refund of the difference, and no apology for billing me for a room I'd already paid for either.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Islandgirl2992
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with our free 5:30 Kickback during your stay at our hotel. In addition to the items you mentioned, we offer a rotating menu featuring a wide variety options featuring soups, salads, pasta, meatballs and chicken tenders. Additionally, we offer six types of liquor, four types of wine and draft beer. We feel that this, in addition to all of our amenities, makes us a great value compared to the surrounding hotels.

That being said, I was quite pleased to read that you enjoyed our cleanliness. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Tim T., General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I have been down to Nashville several times lately for appointments. Recently we had to stay for a few days, and went to the Hampton Inn near Vanderbilt. This time, we only needed to stay overnight, and decided to save a few dollars by getting a hotel a bit farther away from downtown. Drury was the only hotel in TripAdvisor's Top 10 under $100 a night, and we had a pleasant experience at a Drury in Georgia....so we booked it.

The hotel is near the airport and right off the interstate, making it convenient for business travelers and those willing to drive 10 minutes to Nashville's downtown in order to save some money. The area is a bit downbeat but not dangerously so. (The lobby doors are actually closed at night; a "teller's window" can buzz you in, or you can flash your room card.) Parking is free. There is a gas station next door. If you're planning to eat somewhere besides fast or greasy food, be prepared to drive a bit. A Waffle House is across the street, a McDonald's and Wendy's are next door. Don't expect a place for a pleasant stroll.

The decor inside is actually unexpectedly nice, with a comfy lobby and an atrium. Our room (king bed) was on the top of the atrium on the fourth floor.

The room itself was very clean, except for some anomalies; a unused tissue was in the toilet unflushed and one of our handtowels was either recently used to wipe makeup or was stained. One flush took care of the first problem, and we had plenty of extra towels to throw the bad one in the floor.

While the room isn't spacious, it's plenty big for a couple. I appreciated the extra plugs at the top of one of the nightstands for plugging up electronic devices. Wifi (free) was solid, easy to get onto, and fast enough for surfing and streaming.

Two of the biggest plusses for Drury are the food "extras" and the customer service. First, the service: even a maintenance man went out of his way to say hello and make sure we were doing okay. We needed a wine bottle opener because we forgot to pack one, and the front desk accommodated us quickly and with a smile. Second, the food: from the free popcorn and soft drinks 3 to 10 pm and the free "kickback" 5:30 to 7:00, you won't go hungry. We were too full from dinner to partake, but the food choices were hot and plentiful. As others have said, you could easily make a dinner of the kickback, and for a family, this would be a significant savings. For a fee, there are also many snack choices in their 24 hour "pantry," although you could probably save a few bucks if you got some of the same items next door at the gas station.

One of the concerns we had was our ability to sleep because of the nearness of the airport. Yes, we heard a few planes while awake, but ironically it was not planes that woke us up at night. Early in the morning, we heard trucks near what sounded like dumpsters (garbage pickup?) that roused us more than once. The traffic outside seems constant and is a bit intrusive. The beds and pillows were average as well -- we had a bit of tossing and turning.

Many of the reviews here mention the pool, but we didn't have time to partake.

It is hard to determine a final rating for this Drury. In terms of location and sleep quality, I was a bit disappointed and might be willing to pay a bit more to be closer to downtown and with a bit more lux accommodations. On the other hand, especially for family trips, the value of the kickback combined with the under $100 rate make it an attractive option for those on a budget. So my 3.5 grade will be rounded to a 4. I would not be against staying at this hotel in the future and still enjoy the Drury chain for what they offer that similar priced hotels do not.

Room Tip: AAA is your cheapest rate, according to Drury's 800 line, so be sure to use yours!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The kind of people who bring their pets to a hotel are not rude and inconsiderate. First off, those rooms are cleaned and the bed sheets you are sleeping on have been cleaned since a dog's butt was on them. I moved across the country last year and my dog stayed with me at the hotel. What do you expect people to do with their pets (of 10 years) get rid of them every time they move? You are the kind of jerk that makes it hard for animal lovers to find places to stay and even live. Shame on you for being so heartless towards pets. People like you are why I love my dog more and more every day. Get over yourself, pets are family too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business