“Drury Does it Again!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this property both on our way to and returning from our annual beach vacation in NC, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The 5:30 Kickback is a great way to unwind after a long day of driving. When spending a full day in the car, I don't want to eat a large meal at dinner, so the 5:30 Kickback is perfect. Along with the included beverages, I could sit down with my merlot and a snack and finally relax.

We had reserved two two-room double suites as we had children and grandchildren travelling with us, and the suites were so large, QUIET and comfortable. I have severe back issues, and I was able to sleep very comfortably. My only suggestion would be to have queen beds instead of full beds in your double rooms. I know that our suite definitely had the room for queens, and it would have been really nice to be able to stretch out in bed a bit after spending a full day cramped in a car.

The staff was wonderful. Tim, Sherry, Deborah, and all the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The entire staff jumps in during Kickback to make sure tables are available and guests are comfortable.

All in all, Drury is our first choice when travelling. I wish they had properties everywhere we travel.

1  Thank Eileen L

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was probably one of our best hotel stays ever. The throwback dinner in the evening was great, and the breakfast was amazing. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The suite was very reasonably priced and huge.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Let me start my review by saying that in the end, I didn't pay for my room. I stayed one night in a suite with two other ladies. This is the room with two beds in the bedroom and the pull out sofa. The good: staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, I really liked the gated parking, the common areas were very welcoming and clean, the check-in/check-out process was speedy, and the evening snacks and morning breakfast were terrific. The not as good: our room smelled like smoke when we go there (it's a non-smoking hotel). I called down to the front desk, and they offered to move us, but they didn't have another room with three beds. So they said someone would come spray the room. No one ever came. When I went to make up the sofa bed, I found ground up popcorn all through it. Super gross. And in the column of inconvenient, but not a big deal, the do not disturb sign was missing from our room, and I had to go to the front desk to get one. When we went to checkout, I told the nice lady at the front both the good and the not as great portions of our stay. To my great shock, she refunded the cost of our room. I really was floored. That was not at all what I expected. In the end, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a comfortable visit; however, I think Drury could do away with the evening meal that is targeted for young children--hot dogs and mac/cheese and lower the rates instead. Free drinks and snacks are a plus. The staff was friendly and welcoming. This is a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 17NancyS
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Out of town with good car Access..All Drury inns we used were the same - Very good - Seemed to be 10 to 15 minutes to anywhere around town (by car)I and just 3 mins from the airport but we never heard a plane! Lots of eating place nearby, MacDonalds and Wendys are right outside.

Large clean rooms, coffee/tee maker in the room, fridge and microwave, good breakfast and kick back in the evenings which changes over 3 days. It was very busy when we were there and although the eating area is quite large it was always quite full too,

As with any other Drury hotel we would be very happy to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Great location.....only ten minutes from Portland and fifteen minutes to downtown. Great staff that were very helpful. Kickback evening snacks and drinks were great along with a huge breakfast option. Soda and popcorn available all the time. Very clean. Beds and pillows were great. Pool clean. Blow dryer could be replaced but that is the only negative. Great place overall.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for my daughter's birthday weekend. She had on her birthday hat (9 years old) at breakfast. The staff noticed and pulled me aside to ask me if it was really her birthday. They then brought her a bag with a birthday card, candy and chips in it. I have stayed in many hotels and never had something like this happen. How sweet! The staff were great in all other ways too. We checked in early without a hassle - enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and the free breakfast. It was nice that they were prepared for the large crowd at breakfast.

Room Tip: We paid $10 more for an expanded King room. It was like a 2 bedroom apartment! Huge with two separ...