“Stop on the way back to Chicago”

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #13 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The front desk attendants were excellent. They went out of their way to help our family. The food was fantastic both at night and for breakfast. I have found a winner. The beds were great and we couldn't hear any outside noise.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors.
2  Thank Bill D

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I went for one night to get away from the house. We only live 45 miles away. We chose the hotel because of the price, the food and the great ratings. I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was spotless and very comfortable. There were plenty of outlets for our electronics. The water is very hot even though the hotel was almost full. They offer an evening meal with various hot entrees and free cocktails. There was a bus load of seniors there from Georgia, so the buffet was crowded. But the staff handled it with efficiency. Didn't have to wait very long. The food never ran out. Swam in the pool and soaked in the spa. Both were areas were very clean. Fresh popcorn and soda is available from 3-10p for those who just want to chill out, eat popcorn and watch movies. Slept in and got up in time for the hot breakfast....Eggs, fresh biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles.....list goes on. It was a 5 Star experience. We plan on going there once a month for our get always.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sparks101955
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This chain of hotels is my favorite. #1, they offer allowance for pets. Then they have the dinner and breakfast. These both BLOW AWAY any competition in terms of quality and quantity. This location specifically has a great crew. Kind, friendly, even helped me carry my bags to the car....YES...they did.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are better if you have pets that bark at noise. Make sure you advise...
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights. The management was so nice and hospitable. The food was good and plentiful at breakfast and in the evenings. Free cocktails and selection was excellent!!! Only real complaint were the beds. Lumpy and didn't sleep well both nights. Rooms otherwise comfortable and very clean. Pools and hot tub well maintained. Very appreciative of your business, customer service outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Beachydix
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was in Nashville for business this week and stayed at the Drury Inn by the airport. I have stayed at this location in the past, but it has been about 6 years. The property hasn't aged a bit. The rooms are still above average as far as cleanliness, service and overall cost. The wifi was below average. The connection would be lost and pages took way too long to load. The TV lineup is confusing. I have never (ever) seen a channel list and a remote control that includes a '-' (i.e. Channel 243-1). But it worked once I figured it out. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ibskine
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at this Drury Inn on our first trip to Nashville. This was a quick weekend visit with my husband, daughter and 3 year old granddaughter and we could not have been happier. The hotel staff was so helpful. We asked for directions and they printed out all the directions to all the spots we wanted to see. The hotel is located by the airport and is in a perfect location to see everything. We weren't more then 15 minutes to downtown and all the sites we wanted to see. Also very close, no more then 10 minutes to Opry Mills and the Grand Ole Opry House. We love staying at Drury Inn's for the extras like the complimentary evening kick-back cocktail hour, which after lunch out during the day was enough food to count as dinner and the breakfast buffet. Really helps save money when breakfast and dinner are pretty much included in your hotel stay. My granddaughter really enjoyed the pool area. But I think the biggest thing we were impressed by was the staff. On Sunday morning Tim, whom I think was the manager on duty that day came around numerous times during the breakfast buffet to see if we needed anything, to clear things off the table for us, and to visit with our 3 year old granddaughter. I saw him stop at most of the tables to ask if anyone needed anything. Also thought it was great that as the breakfast area got busy and there were no more tables they opened up a conference room for people to sit and eat. All around we really enjoyed our visit and plan on returning again both to Nashville and this Drury Inn.

1  Thank pjbarwig
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is he second time I've stayed at this hotel. We have been coming to Nashville at least annually for my daughters cheer leading competition. The hotel is actually a modified American Plan hotel. What that means is that they offer breakfast and dinner for the price of the room.
The thing that keeps me from giving the hotel an excellent rating for value and restaurant is managements total unwillingness to have any flexibility in the evening meal hours.
For the last 2 years my daughters' competition has been late. We have to be at the competition before the evening meal starts and stay past the time the meal ends. Last year I asked them to extend the hours to accommodate the 50 - 75 people affected and was told "No, we can't do that." This year i asked again, 1st a supervisor @ 10AM ("The schedule is already made out" I was told) and even spoke to the manager (this conversation took place at 1PM. Plenty of time to call the help and make arrangements) and was given a "No" again. Corporate policy.
I was raised in the hospitality industry, went to college for Hotel Restaurant Management, worked as a F&B Manager for Holiday Inn, Inc., F&B Mgr for a country club, Kitchen Steward at the The Concord Hotel (1200 room American Plan Hotel), in NY. I know this business and have never told a guest "I can't" until I've exhausted all options. I've held cooks over for late arrivals, made up to go boxes of breakfast, lunch or dinners to accommodate guests special requests. This unimaginative manager just seems to find it easier to say "No" than search for an alternative to accommodate the many guests that won't make it on the hotel timetable.
On the positive, I will say that the breakfast personnel are happy, chipper and eager to please, the room was clean, the maid was very nice and all the rest of the personnel had great attitudes. Too bad the manager doesn't follow their example. I even offered to pay the help in cash for their trouble. Would have been much more than they earn on payroll. "Oh, we can't do that".,
If this was just me, I wouldn't even mention this and figure it was okay, I'm only 1 person. But there were easily 50-75 people who were left to fend for themselves after a grueling competition.
I DID advise the manager I'd write this. He was unconcerned. I also advised him I wouldn't return for next competition and neither would a lot of our group, he seemed unconcerned about that too. Maybe they just have so much business they can afford to lose ours. Lucky him.

4  Thank Harvey W
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with the hours of our 5:30 Kickback. While we can make some exceptions on extending this amenity slightly, unfortunately your event was not scheduled to end until well after we close the 5:30 Kickback. We appreciate your business and do sincerely hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.