“Don't be late for meals” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Mason, tn
“Don't be late for meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is he second time I've stayed at this hotel. We have been coming to Nashville at least annually for my daughters cheer leading competition. The hotel is actually a modified American Plan hotel. What that means is that they offer breakfast and dinner for the price of the room.
The thing that keeps me from giving the hotel an excellent rating for value and restaurant is managements total unwillingness to have any flexibility in the evening meal hours.
For the last 2 years my daughters' competition has been late. We have to be at the competition before the evening meal starts and stay past the time the meal ends. Last year I asked them to extend the hours to accommodate the 50 - 75 people affected and was told "No, we can't do that." This year i asked again, 1st a supervisor @ 10AM ("The schedule is already made out" I was told) and even spoke to the manager (this conversation took place at 1PM. Plenty of time to call the help and make arrangements) and was given a "No" again. Corporate policy.
I was raised in the hospitality industry, went to college for Hotel Restaurant Management, worked as a F&B Manager for Holiday Inn, Inc., F&B Mgr for a country club, Kitchen Steward at the The Concord Hotel (1200 room American Plan Hotel), in NY. I know this business and have never told a guest "I can't" until I've exhausted all options. I've held cooks over for late arrivals, made up to go boxes of breakfast, lunch or dinners to accommodate guests special requests. This unimaginative manager just seems to find it easier to say "No" than search for an alternative to accommodate the many guests that won't make it on the hotel timetable.
On the positive, I will say that the breakfast personnel are happy, chipper and eager to please, the room was clean, the maid was very nice and all the rest of the personnel had great attitudes. Too bad the manager doesn't follow their example. I even offered to pay the help in cash for their trouble. Would have been much more than they earn on payroll. "Oh, we can't do that".,
If this was just me, I wouldn't even mention this and figure it was okay, I'm only 1 person. But there were easily 50-75 people who were left to fend for themselves after a grueling competition.
I DID advise the manager I'd write this. He was unconcerned. I also advised him I wouldn't return for next competition and neither would a lot of our group, he seemed unconcerned about that too. Maybe they just have so much business they can afford to lose ours. Lucky him.

4 Thank Harvey W
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with the hours of our 5:30 Kickback. While we can make some exceptions on extending this amenity slightly, unfortunately your event was not scheduled to end until well after we close the 5:30 Kickback. We appreciate your business and do sincerely hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Winter Springs, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Loved our deluxe king suite and everything about our stay. We spent five nights here while attending the CMA Music Festival. The hotel was fully booked but our fifth-floor room was clean and quiet. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet--even though it was crowded--and nightly kick-back cocktail hour with complimentary food like baked potatoes and chili! At least three waffle machines were used at breakfast. We had four adults in the suite but felt comfortable with the set-up. The bathroom, located between the two rooms. provided a nice privacy buffer. I was very impressed with the management who cheerfully answered all our questions and frequently asked us about our stay. The shower was quiet (with built-in dispensers for shampoo and conditioner), and the rooms have central air-conditioning rather than the noisy in-room window units that tend to drive me crazy. The refrigerator and microwave were helpful. Property was clean and extremely close to the airport. We made several trips to the airport to pick up and drop off people in our group. There was also a free shuttle service. Other nice features included free popcorn and coffee in the lobby area during the daytime--and an indoor/outdoor swimming pool. The hotel's location was convenient to LP Field, downtown Nashville, Grand Ole Opry and the airport itself--as well as many local dining establishments. A McDonald's is adjacent to the hotel.

2 Thank rontel
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

More than anything, we enjoyed the staff of the Drury Inn. They were constantly asking if they could help us. We got a great rate. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools which was something very important to us. The only reason we did not score the hotel as a perfect 5 is that the pool was out of service for 1.5 days, due unfortunately to a careless guest and their child. We enjoyed the hot breakfast options each day and the kickbacks were great. The room size was perfect and was very quiet for sleeping. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank CharClick
Totowa, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is about 8 miles from downtown Nashville. Its a family owned hotel. I was very impressed with the place and the staff. Rooms were clean and updated, and the lobby was very pleasant. We only stayed for one evening because of the mess up that happened at the Sheraton Music City in Nashville. We paid $179.00 for a suite that included 2 beds and a living room. It has a pool that closes at 10 p.m. The price included a full hot breakfast in the morning. After we left the hotel, we went to the Sheraton Music City hotel and I was not impressed. I would highly recommend this hotel, I am sure you will not be disappointed. When in Nashville, you must eat at Diana's on Broadway near 3rd Ave.. Nice cozy place that serves Ice Cream and food.

Room Tip: Have a great meal at Darfon's which is located down the street. AWESOME
1 Thank george O
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed there a few years ago, not a good experience! This time was not bad. The staff was friendly, The room was Clean, The Breakfast was better than some, they had fresh fruit.
They have coffee in every room like others but if you don't want to make it, go to lobby, they have coffee 24/7.
No snake machines for late night snakes to be able to take medication. Have to buy from front desk. They charge 4 times what the snake is worth..
The Jets taking off can be heard in your room.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor next to Wendy's parking lot. vehicle noise because the parking lot is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Savannah, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

fridge a litte small, used tissue behind the night stand, razor cap left in the bathroom, lots of late night noise in the hallways, smelled a little doggy in the elevator and pool area. which made me wonder? Although it could have been coming from the entrance that connects to the pool area. Some pretty good sized dogs came through. The price seemed a little high also. But on the flip side, I loved the way the beds were made and the tv combo setup, and the little extras, like the easy to reach plugs and the shampoo dispenser. Everything else was nice and clean, meals were good and the staff was nice,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you concern with the rate during your stay. However, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our free hot food, guest room cleanliness and the friendliness of our staff. We appreciate your business and do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.
Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Drury Inn and Suites, but it will definitely not be our last. From the person who answered the phone at the front desk, to the reservation department, to the food service workers to the management, each and every person we came in contact with provided excellent customer service. This was the best service we have ever received and the best hotel we have stayed in. You won't regret choosing this property for your stay in Nashville. They gave us free hot breakfast, "5:30 kickback", which was basically free dinner and three free cocktails for each adult. Customer service like they provide here is hard to come by these days, but they are definitely doing it right at Drury Inn and Suites.