This is he second time I've stayed at this hotel. We have been coming to Nashville at least annually for my daughters cheer leading competition. The hotel is actually a modified American Plan hotel. What that means is that they offer breakfast and dinner for the price of the room.
The thing that keeps me from giving the hotel an excellent rating for value and restaurant is managements total unwillingness to have any flexibility in the evening meal hours.
For the last 2 years my daughters' competition has been late. We have to be at the competition before the evening meal starts and stay past the time the meal ends. Last year I asked them to extend the hours to accommodate the 50 - 75 people affected and was told "No, we can't do that." This year i asked again, 1st a supervisor @ 10AM ("The schedule is already made out" I was told) and even spoke to the manager (this conversation took place at 1PM. Plenty of time to call the help and make arrangements) and was given a "No" again. Corporate policy.
I was raised in the hospitality industry, went to college for Hotel Restaurant Management, worked as a F&B Manager for Holiday Inn, Inc., F&B Mgr for a country club, Kitchen Steward at the The Concord Hotel (1200 room American Plan Hotel), in NY. I know this business and have never told a guest "I can't" until I've exhausted all options. I've held cooks over for late arrivals, made up to go boxes of breakfast, lunch or dinners to accommodate guests special requests. This unimaginative manager just seems to find it easier to say "No" than search for an alternative to accommodate the many guests that won't make it on the hotel timetable.
On the positive, I will say that the breakfast personnel are happy, chipper and eager to please, the room was clean, the maid was very nice and all the rest of the personnel had great attitudes. Too bad the manager doesn't follow their example. I even offered to pay the help in cash for their trouble. Would have been much more than they earn on payroll. "Oh, we can't do that".,
If this was just me, I wouldn't even mention this and figure it was okay, I'm only 1 person. But there were easily 50-75 people who were left to fend for themselves after a grueling competition.
I DID advise the manager I'd write this. He was unconcerned. I also advised him I wouldn't return for next competition and neither would a lot of our group, he seemed unconcerned about that too. Maybe they just have so much business they can afford to lose ours. Lucky him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at I-40 and Donelson Pike, the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport is less than one mile away from Nashville International Airport and less than 10 miles away from downtown Nashville. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast and 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. Experience "Music City" with Drury Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Nashville Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville
- Drury Inn Nashville
- Nashville Drury Inn
- Drury Nashville