“Vanderbilt Hospital Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Defiance, Ohio
“Vanderbilt Hospital Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here on 2/9/13. We called on Friday night to see if they had rooms. They got us 3 rooms for that Saturday night. The girl on the phone was excellent. The rates were very reasonable, and when we told her we were going to Vanderbilt to visit a family member, they took $15 off each room.
The rooms were very clean and spacious.The beds were very comfortable. We did not get to enjoy the happy hour in the lobby, for obvious reasons.
We did however get to eat the free breakfast in the morning. Needless to say, it was your common hotel breakfast. BUT, it was one of the best free breakfast we have ever had. The food was fresh and warm/cold and actually tasted good. The staff was very attentive. Everything was kept clean and refreshed. The hotel manager was even working the area. Cleaning tables, talking to guest.
The hotel is about 9-10 miles from the hospital and takes about 15 minutes ti get there. We highly recomend the drury.
And this was the 1st time we had stayed at a Drury. Needless to say, the nexy time we travel, we will look for a Drury!!!
The onlydownside was the noise. The foyer and bathrooms were all tiled. No carpet to dampen the noise. We heard my wifes brother in the bathroom in the room next to us. Not the greatest thing to hear at 530am. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is very nice and clean. If you are looking for just a nice clean no frills hotel, then I would highly recomend this property. Breakfast is included in the room price and also a modest supper. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Northeast Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love Drury hotels and this one was wonderful. The staff was attentive especially the manager at breakfast and happy hour. The freebies are great. I loved being able to grab a drink when returning to the hotel in the afternoon. The only complaint I have and it really isn't one is that the room didn't get cleaned until late in the day. When I go back to Nashville, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Very clean! This place was pretty decent. The price was affordable for what you get. The only complaint I have is the soap. It smells like citronella. I guess that's not a bad thing considering your in the south and the south has Mosquitos ha! Although not many people want to walk around smelling like an outdoor candle all day. The beds were very bouncy. Every time my spouse moved around in bed I woke up thinking I was in an earthquake. It was very bouncy and gave me a case of the bed sea sicks. I wasn't impressed with how our room suddenly became stinky of cigarette smoke when we were rooming in a non smoking two room suite. I guess the people below us had a smoking room. The smoke must have risen up onto our floor above and started making our room smell like it. My oldest daughter was gagging from the smell and moved herself to the other side of the suite. Other than those few things for the room and price we are thankful for the bed to sleep in, shower to bathe in, and a roof over our heads. :-) plus they let us have our pets in our room minus the fees.

• Stayed February 2013
Lexington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here several different times and have been very pleased. The staff is very friendly as is the case with any Drury I have visited. The breakfast and supper were good as well. This motel seems to attract a lot of tour buses so a couple of nights we stayed here the evening meal line was very long, but we were still able to get food. The meal attendants were outstanding and constantly checking on everyone. The only problem we really had on one stay was some housekeeping issues. The first couple days when the cleaned, they left no extra toilet paper so we did have to go to the front desk 2 consecutive days to get toilet paper. Another day housekeeping did not show up at all. The manager did take care of one of the nights due to the inconvenience and it was not a big deal. In fact we stayed 4 more nights the very next week and had no repeat issues. Overall, a great stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My first thought when we opened the door of our room was nice, very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and a nice size. Breakfast was great! As a vegetarian I appreciated that there was no sausage in the gravy. A nice variety, very good. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nothincleverlefr
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were in Nashville for business and chose the Drury Inn because of its easy access from the airport. We were happy with the room we were given until we tried to go to sleep. It was then that we became aware of a loud banging noise that occurred every 5-10minutes ( maybe from the hot water pipes?). I phoned the front desk and they said they would look into it. They phoned back within minutes and offered us an upgrade to a suite in another part of the hotel. We happily accepted and moved into a spacious suite that was nice and quiet.

The staff at the hotel were all friendly and seemed happy to help in whatever way they could to make our experience a good one. I was impressed with the ease in both check in and the express check out they offered.

The hotel offers free breakfast and supper! We took advantage of this a couple of times as it was nice to be able to walk down to the lobby and not have to leave and find a restaurant after being in meetings all day. The selection of food items wouldn't be our typical choice but we were able to find options that we enjoyed.

The location was good for us- nice quick easy access to the airport and within 20 minutes of downtown Nashville and the location of my workshop.

I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the Nashville area and will consider staying at a Drury Inn in other locations as well.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby and dining area. The suites are nice :)