“Great Location, Great Service”

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were in Nashville for business and chose the Drury Inn because of its easy access from the airport. We were happy with the room we were given until we tried to go to sleep. It was then that we became aware of a loud banging noise that occurred every 5-10minutes ( maybe from the hot water pipes?). I phoned the front desk and they said they would look into it. They phoned back within minutes and offered us an upgrade to a suite in another part of the hotel. We happily accepted and moved into a spacious suite that was nice and quiet.

The staff at the hotel were all friendly and seemed happy to help in whatever way they could to make our experience a good one. I was impressed with the ease in both check in and the express check out they offered.

The hotel offers free breakfast and supper! We took advantage of this a couple of times as it was nice to be able to walk down to the lobby and not have to leave and find a restaurant after being in meetings all day. The selection of food items wouldn't be our typical choice but we were able to find options that we enjoyed.

The location was good for us- nice quick easy access to the airport and within 20 minutes of downtown Nashville and the location of my workshop.

I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the Nashville area and will consider staying at a Drury Inn in other locations as well.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby and dining area. The suites are nice :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MrsSJF

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Never knew of/stayed at a Drury Inn, but I will now make it my first choice when away from East coast!
A quiet, clean, well-designed building [their own design] with lots of windows; warmly welcoming staff who made us a dinner rezzie at a great place quicker than you can blink; the manager was helping with breakfast in the morning, making sure everyone greeted and happy; generous sized rooms, very comfortable bedding, solid walls, no noise, clean, clean. Got refreshed on a long road trip with all these pluses, and it cost no more than others who don't make you feel good.

Room Tip: Whole 4th floor is non-smoking. Pet-friendly, so ask if you care if a dog on your floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AncestorBug
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Drury hotel for 3 nights in January. The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and downtown Nashville is only a 15 minute drive away. We found the the hotel staff in reception to be polite and helpful.

The hotel location is not particulary pretty, situated on a main road lined with fast food restaurants, but this did not bother us since we were out all day and only returned to the hotel in the evenings.

Although the rooms are fairly basic in appearance, they were clean and quiet despite the close proximity to the airport, we had no issues with being woken up at night by aircraft noise. Beds and pillows were comfortable.

We were impressed with the 5.30 kickback which occurs every evening where the hotel provides free hot food (examples included hot dogs, chilli, soup, meatballs, potatoes, chips, etc.) and up to 3 free alcoholic drinks per guest. Breakfast also offered a good selection of food.

Overall we found the hotel excellent value of money and would consider using them again.

1  Thank DeanFromNC
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived here after traveling through a horrible rain storm, way after dark, very tired and ready to stop driving. The front desk staff was wonderful. They checked us in quickly and advised us that we had about 20 minutes to get the free dinner provided. We got our stuff upstairs and went down to eat -- too tired and too late to go out. The staff was great. They were closing the "bar", wine and beer in less than 5 minutes, so they gave us extra wine since they would not be able to serve it later. We then filled our paper plates with hot dogs and chicken fingers, which by this time were a little past their prime. Nevertheless, we were able to put some food in our stomaches without leaving the premises! Next morning, I went down to get breakfast, almost at closing tine (is there a theme here?) and the wait staff insisted that I fill two plates so I could take one upstairs for my hubby, who was still recovering from the previous day's drive. They weren't grabbin up the food and putting it away , as in so many hotels with breakfast included.

The room itself was perfectly acceptable if a little worn. It served us just fine, since we like to have two rooms in case one of us wants to stay up and watch TV while the other checks out for the night.

2  Thank grammysondra
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have never stayed at a Drury Inn and I don't know why...it will be our new "go-to" hotel especially when our dog travels with us! This place was great in every way...the suite was a great size for our family of six, it was clean, no extra charge for our pet (seriously??!!!), the free popcorn and soda in the lobby was a great snack when we got in (just missed the free snack bar since we got in after 7pm), the free breakfast was hot and delicious, the manager helped clear our breakfast dishes and made sure everyone had what they needed, free internet, and the price was incredible (around $130 with tax if I remember correctly). We were so impressed. I guess Drury has won awards for best mid-price hotel and I can see why! Why have we never heard of this great hotel?? Oh, and the kids loved the pool too.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was not quite as nice as other Drury we have stayed in. The rooms were very dated and run down looking. It was nice that we were able to have a pets with us and not have to pay an additional fee for them. However, in saying that, it was really a pet hotel. The patrons of the hotel did not clean up after their pets like they are instructed to at check-in. I know this is not the fault of the hotel, but it is really nasty all are the back of the hotel. We did clean up after our pets! That is the responsible thing to do! The evening meet & great was very hectic and didn't have enough room for all the guests. You had to wait to get a table or take it back to your room. Overall, the room was adequate for what we needed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rear of the hotel, noisy!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had concerns with our décor package and other guests not being responsible for their pets. While we do ask that all of our guests follow the pet guidelines they sign at check-in, this does not always happen. We will continue to monitor and do a better job of enforcing our pet policy. Again, thank you for staying with Drury Hotels. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Situated approximately 8.5 miles east of Nashville proper, and a little more than one mile north of the airport, the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport is a nice economical choice for travelers visiting the area. The hotel is located directly north of I-40 on exit 216.

Parking is ample and free. Access to the parking area is limited to those holding hotel key passes, so there is a modicum of security for vehicles. The hotel is nicely furnished, and maintained by a friendly staff. All of the front desk clerks and managers that I encountered during our stay were very friendly and accommodating to our needs.

After a long day of seeing the sights downtown, when you come back to the hotel you won’t have far to go to grab a bite to eat. Nearby there are several restaurants, including Ruby Tuesday’s, Shoney’s, Arby’s, McDonalds, a Walgreen’s, shopping, and gas stations. A local restaurant named Bar-B-Cutie lies approximately 1/2 mile to the north on Donelson Pike, though I did not visit so I cannot vouch for its quality.

Continental breakfast is included and offers much of the typical buffet style fare: scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, yogurts, fruits, and bagels etc (though I don’t remember seeing a waffle maker – those are my favorite). There is ample seating in the lobby during breakfast time. During our visit, drink free drink vouchers were given for specific hours.

The room itself was clean and comfortable with typical accommodations such as large flat-screen TV. Smoking rooms are available, and I believe they also allow pets for an additional fee.

While most of the biggest Nasville attractions are located downtown (i.e. Printer's Alley, The Ryman Auditorium etc.), for those with a taste for history, The Hermitage (The Historic Home of President Andrew Jackson) is an easy 8 mile drive to the northeast.

On my next visit to Nashville I hope to find a hotel closer to downtown (parking downtown is expensive/hard to find/or remote), but for those willing to compromise a little on proximity to the center of Nashville, I believe this is a great alternative. For airport travelers this hotel is a comfortable stay and recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel does have 7 or 8 floors, why not pick a room with a view?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple