“Employee review”

Cave City, Kentucky
“Employee review”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I Stayed at this location to celebrate my sisters birthday on January 15, 2011
Upon check in I waws greated warmly by front desk I think her name was Ashly who was very professional and friendly to myself as wellas the other guest she was assisting.
I noticed how small the lobby was and the guest computer was on a cheap desk in the loby by the front desk.

We got our keys and went to our room and noticed right away the room was cramped everything lined up in a roll to much furniture in the room. One bed had no comforter on the bed the other bed had a bleech stained comforter on the bed. WSe killed 6 bugs right away.

The bathroom paint was peeling off the wall and paint on the bathroom door frame and hair on the walls and only one wash clothe in the room for four guest.

On the way out of the room We spoke with housekeeping and complained of the comforters and the wash clothe and hair on the wall and the bugs.

We got back to our room late in the evening and the only thing that had changed was.
We had a comforter on the other bed the bleech stained comforter was still on the one bed and hair was still on the bathroom wall and still only one wash clothe for four people and the bugs still in the room we killed bugs all night. I went to the front desk and complained but the desk clerk informed me housekeeping had gone home for the day and would inform the manager of my complaints. She acted like I was a bother to her and just wanted to shut me up and get me aout of her way. Unlike the girl from first shift who checked me and she was very friendly and answered all my questions.

Since I was an employee of choice hotel I didn't want to make a big fuss since they did check me in early. But I do know the procedures for complaints and I was not expecting any refunds since I was staying at an employee rate, however I did expect to have more wash clothes and the bathroom recleaned if not then moved to another room.

Instead, I got nothing. If an employee has to settle for this type of a room. I could only imagine what regular paying guest had to tolerate.

I will stay at a better hotel at regular price and not have to worry about a nasty room with other peoples hair and bugs crawling all over my stuff and have enough linens for everyone in my party to bath with.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it is nasty, the rooms are cramped and the lobby is extremly small. The breakfast area was to large and I wouldn't eat there because of all the bugs I seen in my room I was affarid there were bugs crawling on the food in the breakfast area.

As an employee for choice hotel I would not stay here again or any other location in Nashville for that matter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, January 29, 2011
We thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We regret not meeting your standards of excellence and would like for you to give us another try. We take all issues seriously and take immediate corrective measures to prevent them going forward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I had to come to Nashville on Jan. 18 for a doctor appointment and testing at St.Thomas. I made a reservation at Comfort Inn online for that night,since it was close and this was a Choice Hotel. After driving 200mi. and being at a medical center until 4:30 we checked in. Our room was on the first floor close to main desk and front door. The room was VERY small, the furnishings and bedding were in need of replacement. The bathroom was very nice however and handicapp accessible if needed. Noise was a huge issue in this room. All night people talking at the front desk and the phone ringing , plus doors slaming. Our only interaction with staff was check inn and check out and they were both cordial. The location is next to the interstate, which has pros and cons. I have stayed in many Comfort Inns before and this hotel is a disappointment overall compared to the others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
We thank you for your review. We regret not meeting your standards of excellence and we would love for you to give us another try in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 14, 2011

If you are looking for a comfortable stay with easy access to the interstate, this is a good motel. While the motel is a few miles from the center of Nashville, the rates are less than downtown hotels and you can be in downtown Nashville in ten to fifteen minutes.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
Thank you for you review. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
West Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at your motel, the employees were friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was very roomy and clean. The only bad point was the others in the motel were a bit noisy in the hallway and doors seemed to slam a bit loud. The bathroom was clean, we had plenty of towels and wash cloths, an iron was avalable as well as a hair dryer. Thanks again we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, December 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We were there over a weekend when Nashville had tons of events going on all at the same time. The hotel was busy but the staff was efficient and very friendly... they were also extremely helpful with directions around town and suggestions for sightseeing. The rooms were average, albeit a little on the rundown side. You can tell this is an older facility. We are smokers so we stayed on the top floor.. the smell was a bit pungent, but that is the choice you make when you choose to stay in a smoking room. I don't think that is the fault of the hotel there is only so much that can be done to prevent it. Breakfast was pretty good as far as free breakfasts go and the fresh coffee was much appreciated. I would stay here again and recommend to others just because of the excellent staff

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
citn330, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, December 12, 2010
We appreciate you taking time out to review our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Jasper
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Had a nice stay here!easy off I40 and easy on I40 Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bus to go downtown was just a block away on the corner - people on the bus VERY helpful . We parked the cars on Thursday and they werent moved till we left to come home.also restaurants all around the hotel within walking distance--and a Waffle House in the parking lot UM UM GOOD (we dont have a waffle house in our town)
it was GOOD all the way around!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
citn330, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
We thank you for being a guest in our hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Before I complain, I want to say that the young lady working the front desk, Kathy, is as nice and professional as any hotel professional I've dealt with. Sadly, however, the facilities are horrible. The hallways are dark and dingy. The stairways smell like cigarette smoke (I don't like to wait for elevators). The carpeting is old, dark and mildewy. The dark ugly tile in the bathroom is sticky and grungy. And as a Choice Hotels regular, the rooms are significantly smaller than any Comfort Inn that I've ever stayed in. This $95 stay has encouraged me to spend a little more in the future and go with competitors like the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. I expected better from Choice Hotels, and as a result of this experience, I won't be staying with them again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
citn330, Owner at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
We certainly want to let you know that your feedback is sincerely appreciated and we will take it into consideration when making updates to the hotel. I certainly want to apologize to you for not exceeding your expectations. I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again as our guest. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.