“Stop Don't Stay Here”

Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge
Ranked #86 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is the dirtiest most run down Comfort Inn you’ve ever seen. The carpet looks like the original (however many years that may be) and is more than dirty and stained. There are areas in the hall that appear to have been bleached out probably to remove the vile things that have taken place there. The hallway also had a musty, dirty, foul smell. The bathroom was clean, I’ll give it that, which is important. The chair in the bedroom looks like something that was picked up at the dump and thrown in just to have a chair. It was dirty, stained and totally worn out. The ceiling above the bed had huge clumps of dust hanging from the popcorn pieces; the curtain had a thick layer of dust and grime on it; the comforter I wouldn’t dare touch and was skeptical of the blanket. The bed sheets were perfectly white so I closed my eyes and hoped they were actually clean and sterilized. Thank goodness we were gone each day by 8 am and didn’t return until 10 pm and only slept and bathed there. Unfortunately, this room was about my only choice or we would have moved the minute we stepped off the elevator without even seeing the room. And there was a sign in the elevator, I actually don’t recall what it said, but “elevator” was spelled “elavator” we had to laugh and even took a picture of it.

I hate to be so negative and have never written anything to a hotel after a stay in my life, but it was honestly, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a lot and several have been Comfort Inns.

Room Tip: Plan early if you can and stay somewhere else if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We are terribly sorry that your stay here at Comfort Inn West was not what you expected. We rely on guest feedback to seek out ways to improve our hotel and would like to thank you for your review. As I write this response, we are currently in the process of changing our carpet to something that truly has a upbeat modern feel. The new carpet is being changed in all our rooms as well as our hallways. In addition, new automatic air fresheners have been placed throughout our halls to keep everything fresh. We are also addressing your issues with our housekeepers to ensure that our hotel meets all standards of excellency.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Me and my family traveled to Nashville for the weekend and stayed at this hotel. The lady and gentelman that worked behind the counter on the weekend were very pleasant and knowlegable about what Nashville's attractions were. The rooms were comfortable. The carpet looked a little outdated but overall the room was clean and comfortable. We really liked the price we payed compared to the other hotels in the area. We would stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel at an afforadable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

We thank you for your reviews and can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

more camera's then needed considering you have to go down every night and get a new key made. Drove across the country to see my dying mother in a hosital less then 2 miles from here and the check in clerk (who usually works weekends) was the rudest I have ever encounted. It was none of him business why or who. The front desk manager was nice and the actual second shift clerk was outstanding! Now that one is a keeper. The hotel had a lot of needed repairs. My room the fan didn't work, the bathroom wall had large black marks, the towels were ratty and one was actually stained facing out where it could be seen. I travel and stay in hotels about 150 times a year. I applaud the staff for trying with an inferior product. I wouldn't probably stay again.

Room Tip: dont get a discount or they will put you in the worst room they have. I would suggest a different ho...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

We are terribly sorry to hear that we failed to meet your standard of excellence. We would love for you to give us another try as we have several upgrades coming in the next six months. We value you helping us by giving suggestions on ways to improve our hotel. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I arrived very late at night so I did not take the time to evaluate my room before I hit the bed.
The room furnishings were ok but two of the outlets had been pulled out of the wall. Breakfast- You might as well go to Waffle House. Anything that is supposed to be 'hot' is lukewarm at best. The items were poorly stocked including a sign on one of the chafing dishes: "Out of sausages".
TV- Why would I want to change the channel? None of the controls worked with the remote except for the volume control. You could not change the channel with the buttons on the tv either.
Fitness center- The treadmill controls have been taped over with handwriting on tape. The TV was completely dead and did not work.

I expect so much more from a Comfort Inn... Go somewhere else and save yourself some frustration!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
CBant, General Manager at Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

We terribly regret not meeting your standard of excellence and would love for you to give us another try. We value you helping us by giving suggestions on ways to improve our hotel. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very friendly place great location from the college. Only 1 light works not including the bathroom, wake up 2 different bugs in the room. Very loud in the morning and I'm stuck for another day.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The first thing one sees when entering the lobby is furniture that is in need of repair. The carpets in hallways are stained and in need of replacing. Our room was clean and comfortable but it's a very noisy hotel with lots of doors slamming. The laundry room was filthy with cigarette butts littering the floor at 9:00 one night and still there at 7:00 the next morning. A real plus for this hotel was the front desk staff-very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and had a great variety, however the dining room is quite small. N

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We love to hear ideas on improving our establishment and will take your thoughts into consideration. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I requested a non smoking first floor room because I am having to go to Vanderbilt hospital to have evaluations done for a heart transplant. I did make my reservation and called when leaving home to insure that everything was in order. When we arrived I was told the only room available was fifth floor smoking. The CMA awards were going on and there were no rooms available in Nashville that weekend. When I told the guy at the desk about the request and what I had reserved he stated that he saw the reservation and request and looked at me and stated that this was what he had and if I did not want the room he could rent it. What could I do other than sleep in the car. We were forced to take the stinking of smoke room. the room was also nasty

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

We sincerely regret that we did not meet your lodging standards. We would truly appreciate the opportunity for you to give us another try.