“Not worth it”

Ranked #96 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Mount Olive, New Jersey
“Not worth it”
Reviewed February 2, 2007

An aging hotel, the building looks like it used to be a Hampton Inn. Actually, in the photo above, you can see a Hampton flag flying. I can see why Hampton sold it. Mold, bugs, and bad check in service. Room was okay, but bug and some dust were around. Stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank hevdaze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Missouri
Reviewed January 9, 2007

My husband and I stopped at his hotel during our roadtrip from Missouri to Florida. We were traveling with our 65 pound dog so our options were limited. I found this hotel on petfriendly.com and read hotel reviews on this website. I was hesitant to stay at the hotel based on the negative 1 star reviews I read, but the location was wonderfully convenient and the price outstanding. Plus, breakfast was included.

We arrived close to midnight on Dec. 20, 2006 without a reservation. The front desk clerk was very friendly and gave us a AAA discount even though our membership card was expired. We paid $65 which included the discount and added pet fee. The hotel, overall, looks better on the outside than inside. There was a strange, unpleasant smell in the elevator and hallway. Luckily, our room was pleasant enough. We got a room with 2 double beds so we could have extra pillows (I was 7 months pregnant). The air conditioner worked nicely and actually didn't make any noise (usually typical of dive hotels). Yes, the furniture looked dated and the cabinets in the bathroom were battered with water damage, but the room overall was much better than I expected. My husband and I were exhausted from driving so we quickly climbed into bed and fell asleep. I didn't hear any street noise during the night despite the fact that our room faced the highway.

Check-out was smooth and uneventful. I walked the dog around the exterior of the hotel- the parking lot was pretty empty. Then we put the dog in the car and went inside to eat some breakfast. The set up was quite nice and included items such as belgian waffles and biscuits and gravy. I really enjoyed the blueberry muffins.

I have stayed in MUCH worse hotels. I was pregnant so if the hotel was horrible I would have forced my husband to take me to the Marriott Residence Inn and pay the extra 100 nonrefundable pet fee on top of the hotel fee. But, this hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise . . . maybe because I was expecting the worst!

• Liked — price and location
  • Tips/Secrets — don't get scared away by the negative reviews
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stl_locavore
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We checked in to find the king sized bed made up with queen sheets, mattress sticking out. The toilet was leaking onto the bathroom floor. Pillowcases stained. Called front desk, they said it would all be taken care of - we told them we were going out to dinner, they gave impression it would be fixed while we were gone. Got back late- nothing fixed. After waiting 10 minutes, desk clerk handed me one king sheet. No one was going to fix the toilet.
We had asked for late check out because we wanted to relax/ sleep in Sunday morning. At 8 am, the cleaning crew arrived and started yelling to each other across the hallway. If that wasn't enough to wake us up, they then knocked on our door, wanting in to clean. We packed and left, and when I mentioned their loudness to them on the way out, they started hollering more- followed us down the hall hollering at 8:30am!
Told front desk at check out: they were 'very sorry'. That's it.
Sent feedback through the company website - got a form letter saying hotel mgmt. would be in touch. Never happened.
Avoid this hotel- it's not worth it!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravellingTexan

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2006

My wife and I stayed there over the weekend of June 23, 2006 (two nights). The rooms weren't large, but if you want an economical place to stay not far from downtown, then this hotel works well.
Highlights:
-Check in and Check out was fast and easy.
-Continental breakfast was worth it. You could make belgian waffles, cereal, pastries, and biscuits and gravy. Everything was plentiful and ready to eat.
-The rooms aren't terribly big, so if you plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel, be forewarned.
-The room was clean and everything was in good working order.
-Free WiFI worked well from the hotel room. You need to get a user id and password from the front desk, but after that the service worked quite well.
-The location was very nice. Getting onto and off of the Interstate is very quick and easy. Downtown is ~ 10 minutes away. Getting to the interstate should take no more than a minute or two. Brick Church Pike is a wide street without much traffic on the weekends.

Overall, for less than $70/night the hotel performed well. I would definitely stay there again from this experience. The hotel is AAA rated, and worth the rating.

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Windsor, ON, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Well, my friends and I stayed at Comfort Inn Music City from June 6-12, 2006, for Fan Fair/CMA Fest week, and we were booked thru a package deal, so I can't tell you how much we paid per night.

Check in was horrible, they gave us our Fan Fair stuff, and keys, but didn't put us in the computer, I had to call down because our phone wasn't hooked up, and they said they'd look into it, so one of the girls in the room called down and was told that it was because they hadn't checked us in, and we weren't in the computer.

Next day, we came back to find the housekeeping overlooked our room, (and they did so again later in the week)

We had BLACK mold on the bathroom and shower ceiling, I got pink eye the whole week (which cleared up when we checked out, so it HAD to do with something there)

ALL of our keys got demagnetized at the same time, our phone got turned off the day before checkout (turns out they had us in the computer as checking out a day before we were supposed to), and when I called front desk about the phone, they sent maintenance up, when it was in the computer the whole time.

When I complained to the tour company (and left a comment card at front desk), all we got from the manager was a lousy tin of mixed nuts from Walgreens and an apology for the check in problem, gee, THANKS for nothing!

Needless to say, we're avoiding this place next year. We had a wonderful stay two years ago, and according to the tour company, they have been going thru managers like crazy, no wonder!

Avoid this hotel at all costs if you can, it's not worth it!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank TheJules2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2005

My friends and I stayed at this hotel June 8, 2005 thru June 12, 2005. The staff at this hotel was the most friendliest staff I have found. They went way out of their way for us, especially Mike!
The maids on the other hand need some kind of training in cleanliness!! Every morning we had to get our own towels, because they didn't leave any in our room. We had to call and beg to get our room cleaned and when they did clean it they would leave our dirty towels on the floor, the room was covered in ants, all over our things, and bugs in our bed!!!! I have never stayed at a hotel that dirty. So if you don't mind dirty, its a good place to stay.
Like I said before the staff behind the front desk was remarkable!!

We still had a great time in Nashville.

Vicki