“decent stay/great staff”

Ranked #95 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
nowhere ky
“decent stay/great staff”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After reading all the bad reviews I was hesitant about staying here but it was the cheapest/closest we could find for the SEC tourney. The staff was great and it was very clean (our bedding had stains but we had brought our own so it didn't bother us). There were a few downfalls. We ask before reserving and was told they had hot foods every morn including eggs, biscuits, sausage, etc. The only thing they had was waffles, toast, and fruit. When we looked online it was $45 a night so we called ask about those rates and reserved it, but once we got there it was $69/$79 a night plus %15 tax. we did get a small discount on the room but it was still more than we were originally told. Also the heater in our room didn't have a thermostat so it didn't kick on and off, so both nights we were up and down several times turning the heat on and off as the room got to hot or to cold. A huge plus was when our team lost in the tourney we were allowed to checkout a day early. overall it was a good stay and a lot better than expected( considering the bad reviews given for the motel and the area). It was in a great location and was actually very quiet considering we were right next to the interstates.

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from back entrance doors, a lot of people came in and out and it was loud, but I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kyfan_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Kiana at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The property was close to the downtown locations we were going to. The hotel was nice and quiet during the stay. The only downside was the tv was fuzzy but was told new tv's had been ordered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Angela W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am so glad you found our( GSR ) to be so heplull at the front desk !
I want to take this time to aploigize for the inconvenience you experienced while here at our Facility, with the Television, we have ordered the remaining amout of Televisions that is needed For our guest gooms to make them al conpleate . unfortunately we did not have them all in at the time of your arrival .. I do hope on your return to Nashville that you will stop in and see us again and our New Televions.. Thank you so Much!!!
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I was Leary about this location and by what others have said on TripAdvisor. When I realized that a lot of the reviews were about the Comfort Inn and not the Red Roof Inn I thought I'd give it a shot anyhow. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel was the better looking hotels in the area. I thought I was staying at a higher star level hotel. The staff was very friendly at check in and check out. They also had a very nice breakfast which included scrambled eggs and sausage. The room was very spacious and very comfortable with very nice choices of channels on the TV which had a flat screen unlike other Red Roof Inns that I stayed at around the country. I would rate this Red Roof Inn as the best red roof I've stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013
Angela W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so excited that you had chosen to stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn.
Myself and my team are always happy to here from a guest that really loves our hotel.
We are so glad we made you feel welcome, and that you enjoyed our wonderfull breakfast,
We have just rentovated most of our rooms with our wonderful new bedding and furniture, we are so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, and our flat screen TV'S !

We look forward to seving you again in the future
Hemet, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Really nice and clean hotel with comfy beds. The hotel is pet friendly, which is terrific for me and my kitty, and a definite bonus for travelers who journey with their family pet. The free breakfast was very nice, including waffles, fruit, misc. breads, juices, and coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to post this review,
We are always glad to hear from our guest. we are looking to serving you again in the future
Thank you from all the staff here on board.
West Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn the night before participating in The Color Run. The front desk staff member was very nice; she was there when we checked in and when we checked out. She was very polite and accommodating when we asked for a late check out. The room was basic with no frills but it was clean...it was what you expect for the price. Bathroom was older so there was some mold on the caulk. Free wi-fi worked well. Overall, we were happy with our stay. I would stay here again if I needed something inexpensive near downtown for a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Angela W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our hotel, we do have it in the works to remodel our bathrooms in the near future,we have already started some of our process by putting in new beds, we hope that next time your in Nashville you will decide to stay with us again.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very disappointed. Comfort has always been good. Not this one. Plastic on box springs. No hot breakfast as advertised. Very worn rooms, rugs, walls, elevators etc. Only English speaking staff were the college kids working the front desk who had to take the brunt of complaints from many guests. This was like one of Choice Hotels cheaper brands, but paid a premium price. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JerryMary
Angela W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to take this time to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our staff,
I have recently taken over the property and as you can see I have a lot of work ahead of me,
We are in the process of takeing the plastic off the beds unfortunately your room was one of several we had not been able to get to. our breakfast is a continental standard breakfast, but we do offer much more we have 2 different kinds of waffles and so much more . I again do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I would hope that you would give us another try next time you are in Nashville Tn.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I came to Nashville to go to a football game. Since I am an Elite Diamond Choice Privilege member, I wanted to get a Choice hotel close to the stadium and this one popped up. The pictures online made it look like a great hotel, however, when I arrived, it was totally the opposite. Firstly, staff was rude to a customer that had just arrived before me. I arrived a little early, so they told me that the room was not ready yet, which was fine, so I went to the mall and out to eat to pass the time away. I returned to the hotel at 5:00 PM to check in. Once I got to my room, I was in awe of how disgusting the room was. I noticed immediately that the room was not cleaned because there was trash on the floor. I went into the bathroom and saw two dirty face towels hanging on the shower rack. I turned the bedspread back and saw what appeared to be crumbs and hair all over the sheets. There were roaches all over the place and small bugs that I assumed were bed bugs that were crawling on the desk. When I told the front desk about the sheets, the response I got was, "Oh well". I asked if could replace the sheets and he told me to come downstairs to get them. I then had to make my own bed. All of this was late after the game, so I was just ready to get some rest so that I could get out of there the next day. I will NEVER go back nor recommend this Comfort Inn to ANYONE!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012