“Not the greatest Comfort Inn.”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #96 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Seattle, Washington
“Not the greatest Comfort Inn.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Comfort Inn cost us $101 for the night (cheap by comparison to many other hotels in Nashville). It is located about 3 miles north of Central Nashville in a somewhat poor area - by comparison, it is better than the surrounding hotels. The staff was friendly and check-in went well.

The hotel was not particularly clean. The bathroom had some mildew build-up around the tub. The toilet didn't work right, and had a noticeable drip all night long. The vent in the bathroom was nearly completely clogged with dust. Towels were reasonably good. We had no soap initially when we arrived, but the clerk brought them up within 2 minutes after we called.

The room was OK (no chair at the desk). The air-conditioner rattled all night. Walls are relatively thin, but not too much of a problem. There was no remote for the TV, but fortunately I still know how to operate it manually from the back panel.

Got down to breakfast at 7AM, but a tour group had just finished "demolishing" the food. We then went to another breakfast place.

My partner would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pabl01neum
kjb158, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We were pleased to see that you had friendly service as this is a priority for you. We have made improvements at our hotel and cleanliness is at the top of the list of improvements that we made. We hope you will try us again the next time you are in town. And we promise that breakfast will be available for you as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Wow, where to begin, the day we arrive (today) on memorial day weekend, the swimming pool is closed for maintenance, and it's 93 degrees outside. To top that off, there is no warning from the clerk that this is the case and they won't let me cancel my room. The lobby is dingy, the elevators disgusting, and I haven't even gotten to the room yet! The room smells of the faint scent of smoke and body odor, the air conditioner can barely keep cool, the tv stand is a cheap worn out dresser, the sheets have stains on them, the carpet smells, and the walls look as wavy as the ocean-as if the were about to collapse. Overall I would give this a zero if I could, PLEASE don't make the same mistake as me and DO NOT stay here; it is so bad I'm considering going out all night and checking out first thing in the AM. Do not be fooled by the photos of this place online, read the other reviews, you will see this place is horrendous!!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback. There is no excuse for the pool to be open on a hot, holiday weekend. We are sorry that we disappointed you. We have put in new procedures to make our hotel the cleanest in town. We hope that you will try us again.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Cleveland
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed here on 4/28. The hotel is dirty and they don't clean the room. Our towels weren't replaced and the garbage wasn't emptied. I would NOT recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Pick another location.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you stayed with us and that you provided feedback. Thank you. We also apologize for the poor conditions in which you had. There is no excuse. We are under new management and we believe that you would be pleasantly surprised at the level of cleanliness at our hotel now. Please come and try us again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was not my choice of hotels due to the Tripadvisor reviews, but I was staying with a group. I went to check-in at 1:45 pm and was told there were no rooms available until 3:00 pm. Of course check-in is at 3:00 pm, but I have never had trouble checking into this type of hotel early before. So, I come back at 4:00 pm and the front desk clerk is nice enough to give me the lower room rate that my friends who had booked prior to me had at this hotel. This was the best thing that happened during my stay. From there, it went downhill. I go to my room and find the A/C-Heating unit out of the window and on the floor. I go back downstairs and the clerk gives me keys to another room. I go to that room and find the door wide open, with the TV sitting in the middle of the floor. By the time I get back to the front desk, the clerks had other room keys for me (they have cameras throughout the hotel, and obviously were watching me). The third room I was given was satisfactory, all fixtures were in their correct place!
The window A/C-Heating unit had limited handwritten instructions on it and the unit did not work the best. The Wi-Fi often did not work during my two day stay. The breakfast was fine. The shower temperature is difficult to adjust, and the water changes temperature during your shower. Overall, the staff was pleasant, but powerless to do too much. I had told the housekeeper outside my room that I did not need my room cleaned that day, just needed towels, she gave me some and I proceeded to bring her my dirty towels. When I get back from my day out, the room had been cleaned. The hotel is generally clean, however, I don’t think they like to clean corners. Overall, too many things wrong with this hotel to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New Harmony, Indiana, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had made reservations by phone. When we arrived on mon. evening we were told we did not have a reservation.The lady said they had plenty of rooms but did not want us to have to pay for two rooms because we would be charged for where our reservation was.
We called 18004choice. With no results we got another hotel.
When we got home I had been charged as a no show.
Just all around bad.

Room Tip: Not this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I checked into this room this past Monday. My second day in the room I went to a conference after the continental breakfast around 10:30am. I returned back to my room around 3:00 pm, and my room had never been cleaned. I called the front desk and asked what was the problem? Front desk personnel said the housekeepers left at 1pm. This was done without them touching my room. The Front desk said that they would make sure I had clean towels, and they decided to actually put the clean towels on the floor in of my front door in the hallway. This has been unbelievable, and my stay is for a week. This is the hotel where I usually stay and I have never had these kind of issues like this before. I am hoping the rest of my stay will on the very least be pleasant. I did get a complaint card and will be filling that out also.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lovingfla
We appreciate that you have stayed with us in the past and hope that we get another chance. We are under new management and are making customer service our number one priority.
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Mostly poor. Carpet 2nd floor dirty needs cleaning really bad, not all plastic glasses in room had wrappings-didn't know if they were previously used, beds and shower good, cable TV reception very poor, breakfeast left much to be desired-hard biscuits, gravy unappetizing, bananas were almost black, coffee was good. Day clerk was responsive but grumpy. The two young lady evening and night clerks were delightful, professional and helpful. These two nights were free through our frequent users plan. What a waste. Certainly not up to the standards of this group of motels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family