“Wouldn't recommend!”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #97 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was not my choice of hotels due to the Tripadvisor reviews, but I was staying with a group. I went to check-in at 1:45 pm and was told there were no rooms available until 3:00 pm. Of course check-in is at 3:00 pm, but I have never had trouble checking into this type of hotel early before. So, I come back at 4:00 pm and the front desk clerk is nice enough to give me the lower room rate that my friends who had booked prior to me had at this hotel. This was the best thing that happened during my stay. From there, it went downhill. I go to my room and find the A/C-Heating unit out of the window and on the floor. I go back downstairs and the clerk gives me keys to another room. I go to that room and find the door wide open, with the TV sitting in the middle of the floor. By the time I get back to the front desk, the clerks had other room keys for me (they have cameras throughout the hotel, and obviously were watching me). The third room I was given was satisfactory, all fixtures were in their correct place!
The window A/C-Heating unit had limited handwritten instructions on it and the unit did not work the best. The Wi-Fi often did not work during my two day stay. The breakfast was fine. The shower temperature is difficult to adjust, and the water changes temperature during your shower. Overall, the staff was pleasant, but powerless to do too much. I had told the housekeeper outside my room that I did not need my room cleaned that day, just needed towels, she gave me some and I proceeded to bring her my dirty towels. When I get back from my day out, the room had been cleaned. The hotel is generally clean, however, I don’t think they like to clean corners. Overall, too many things wrong with this hotel to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had made reservations by phone. When we arrived on mon. evening we were told we did not have a reservation.The lady said they had plenty of rooms but did not want us to have to pay for two rooms because we would be charged for where our reservation was.
We called 18004choice. With no results we got another hotel.
When we got home I had been charged as a no show.
Just all around bad.

Room Tip: Not this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I checked into this room this past Monday. My second day in the room I went to a conference after the continental breakfast around 10:30am. I returned back to my room around 3:00 pm, and my room had never been cleaned. I called the front desk and asked what was the problem? Front desk personnel said the housekeepers left at 1pm. This was done without them touching my room. The Front desk said that they would make sure I had clean towels, and they decided to actually put the clean towels on the floor in of my front door in the hallway. This has been unbelievable, and my stay is for a week. This is the hotel where I usually stay and I have never had these kind of issues like this before. I am hoping the rest of my stay will on the very least be pleasant. I did get a complaint card and will be filling that out also.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lovingfla
kjb158, Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

We appreciate that you have stayed with us in the past and hope that we get another chance. We are under new management and are making customer service our number one priority.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Mostly poor. Carpet 2nd floor dirty needs cleaning really bad, not all plastic glasses in room had wrappings-didn't know if they were previously used, beds and shower good, cable TV reception very poor, breakfeast left much to be desired-hard biscuits, gravy unappetizing, bananas were almost black, coffee was good. Day clerk was responsive but grumpy. The two young lady evening and night clerks were delightful, professional and helpful. These two nights were free through our frequent users plan. What a waste. Certainly not up to the standards of this group of motels.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We were visiting our son at college and due to a home football game had to stay father away from campus. This hotel was within 10 minutes of campus which was the only positive thing about it. On check in front desk clerk was put out that she had to help us. Husband picked up two newspapers by mistake and she made sure to tell him about it! Very unfriendly. Should have walked out when she advised us where to park where our car would be seen on their camera. Our room was dark, dirty, had pulled up carpet along the wall, bathtub needed to be calked, mold on floor by toilet, stains on bathroom cabinet......the breakfast the next morning left much to be desired. Bitter coffee, stale muffin, very poor selection of continental breakfast. Workout room equipment rattled with every step on the norditrak. Advised management we were leaving due to quality of hotel and their only response was, "sorry".......so were we that we stayed one night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

we had a wonderful time the hotel was nice and close to every thing we wanted to do and go see other people should come and see the hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mary h
Reviewed August 20, 2011

this hotel brought me to tears. I know nothing about Nashville but knew that I would be getting in late at night. The pictures online showed a middle of the road hotel. Just the basics.
All I can see is if this isn't the worst side of Nashville, I would be shocked. This hotel must have an hourly rate based on the majority of the guests we saw. I'll let you know if my car gets broken in to over night. We will be sleeping about the sheets and showering in the morning before we leave. I wouldn't even wait to eat here based on everything else I've seen. The stains, the smells...I am sick to my stomach.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family