“Musical Atmosphere was A Plus”

Opry Backstage Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Opry Backstage Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,137 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The show that made country music famous is now making its mark on Southern cuisine in a new Nashville restaurant as uniquely entertaining as the Grand Ole Opry itself. Visit for lunch or dinner, or come by after the show for dessert.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere with Grand Ole Opry tapes playing quietly from wall panels. The fried tomato BLT not my cup of tea but be daring and try it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is located inside The Inn at Opryland. The atmosphere looked nice and inviting and we were seated quickly around 5:30 p.m. on New Years Eve. There was some live entertainment in the way of "singing servers" (not at your table, but on stage!) They were good singers and of course sang country classics. There were also videos of past Opry performances on the several flat screen TV's throughout the cafe. They had a band scheduled for later in the evening, around 9 p.m., we were told, but we did not go back to see them. Our waiter was a bit akward but efficient. Now onto the food - we traveled as a family of 5 - me, my husband, teenage daugher and her friend, and our 7 year old - so we ordered a lot of food - some of which was good, other items, not so much! Our 2 appetizers - the fried green tomatoes were awesome! That was the best thing we ordered! The 6 piece buffalo wings - were good, a bit on the hot side - so keep that in mind if you like milder wings. I ordered a side garden salad and a vegetable plate - mashed potatoes, corn, mac-n-chz and other item that I can't seem to remember. The salad was good and dressing seemed homemade, not bottled. The mashed potatoes and man-n-chz was good but the corn was terrible and the other side that I can't even seem to remember, wasn't so good either. My husband and daugher ordered the friend chicken and it was not good. My husband's chicken was tough and my daughter's chicken was not cooked throughly. The other teenager in our group ordered the Fried Green Tomato BLT. He said it was very good. My son, the 7 year old, ordered a burger off of the adult menu and he really enjoyed the burger. It was thick and juicy and cooked properly. His fries, however, were not so good, tasted as if the oil hadn't been changed in quite some time, or that the fries are fried with other items maybe, such as the chicken. All in all, this was a fun place to eat due to the music, but most of the food was average at best so we probably wouldn't eat there again. It's decent place to eat if you don't feel like going outside the hotel, but otherwise, there are better options in the immediate area.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We saw the BackStage Grill advertised inside of Gaylord Resort and decided to give it a try. Prices were very reasonable. Flat screen tvs played videos of past and present C&W stars. The food was incredible! We had a meatloaf plate and the brisket plate. Everything was delicious. The service was also excellent. We had a 4 star meal at a 2 star price. Don't miss this restaurant! Located at The Inn at Opryland and directly across the street to the west. 2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/bnagi-the-inn-at-opryland-a-gaylord-hotel/

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went in there around 4pm before going to the resort for the Christmas Ice and Light show. We were about the only people in there which was a little surprising. The prices were very resonable compared to everything else associated with the Gaylord brand name. The food was good although the appertiser came out after our meals. The fried green tomatoes were VERY good...would love to have the coating recipe. Our Waitress sang a duet with one of the Waiters which was enjoyable. Good food, good prices, would recommend.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I'll be honest...my expectations were low. I thought "A restaurant in a Radison...how good could this be?" However I was pleasantly surprised. Food was very good and service was great. The BBQ is good and my dad raved over the fried chicken. If you're heading over to the Opryland hotel, save a ton of money, eat here and be happy!

1  Thank hoppscrouse