“Bacon Busted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kayne Prime

Kayne Prime
1103 McGavock Street, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayne Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,879 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Ave S & McGavock St
Description: Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline. Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Bacon Busted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is a top notch Steak House. The wine selection is vast and well thought out. My favorite appetizer is the Bacon that is topped off with Cotton Candy. For dinner I had the Filet with Lobster Tail coupled with a Stags Leap 2011. Great service and really bargain for the experience.

Visited August 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Some greatness, but very expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

When I pay over $100 for salad, main course, and dessert (not counting drink, tip, or tax), I set the bar pretty high. The heirloom salad and chocolate cremoso were outstanding, and the regular filet minon and cream corn brûlée deserve honorable mention. I was disappointed by the tuna and homemade bacon which were rather oily, even for an aficionado of fish and pork belly. The flat iron steak also lacked flavor, even for this cut. There is a nice atmosphere, but despite the claimed dress code, many patrons were wearing T-shirts when I was there and not a single guy was wearing a jacket! (Come on, man!)

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank See_me_in_TN
Sarasota, Florida
“Five stars across-the-board!! One of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The restaurant was absolutely awesome. The bar is very cool and the bartenders actually come out from behind the bar and write up to you and will take your order so you don't have to fight to the people sitting at the bar. We did not have a reservation as there was nothing available so we gave it our best shot to get a seat at the bar but they took my name down anyway and sat us after only about 20 minutes. So it worked out well, we had a beautiful drink and then we're set. The food was absolutely amazing. The tuna appetizer was beyond delicious, kale salad was excellent and quite different, and the steak !!... well the steaks speak for themselves. Service was excellent and the atmospheres very nice in there. We had David the bartender and David the waiter and both are awesome. Five stars across-the-board!!

Visited August 2014
New Jersey
“Great Steaks and a sleek setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a later dinner here back in May and it was great. The service was very good(and helpful) as was the food. The steaks were perfectly cooked and all the other courses were excellent as well including the bone marrow appetizer and the tartare. The space is modern heavy on dark wood and stone so it can be loud, especially around the bar area. The bar is very nice and has large windows that open up which is great on cool evenings. The dining areas however around the bar I can see being very loud and hard to hear. We saw a show and had dinner afterwards arriving around 10pm on a Friday night. We were seated in a back dining room by a window which was half full and had no problems with sound and we were the last ones to leave. Being a bit of steak snob, when I am paying over $50 for a ribeye, I can be a pretty harsh critic and mine was worth it. Overall I would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't do it!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

After reading reviews, we decided to treat ourselves. HUGE mistake. At 8:00 on a Wed night, it was so loud, conversation was nearly impossible unless you plan to text your dinner companion. The bacon appetizer was 4 big chunks of fat. I'll admit, the maple flavored cotton candy was interesting but certainly not worth the price. The sides were generous but the corn desperately needed salt which we never got from our waiter. (I got the distinct impression he was insulted by the request.) The filet was tasty but not hot. Oh, and whatever you do, don't try the blackberry daiquiri. They put OLIVE juice in it. Gross!! Prime? I don't THINK so.

• Visited August 2014