New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Lousy, offensive service, hit and miss food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kayne Prime

Kayne Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayne Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,987 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Ave S & McGavock St
Description: Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline. Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Ko Chang, Thailand
“Lousy, offensive service, hit and miss food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

The already apathetic waiter walked off in the middle of our first guest's order. No explanation - just wandered slowly to another table where he interrupted the busy assistant waiter. He came back, asked for our order again and, yes, walked off again before the first order was complete. Left the room. No apology, no reason given; just walked away in the middle of a "six ounce filet, medium".

A call to the manager has gone unreturned for a week. A review with my contact information and private message to management was left on Open Table. Four people well over $400, nothing.

Service staff dumped a bottle of wine onto the table and a freshly delivered entree. We were not remotely concerned. A simple accident. We appreciated the free desserts and didn't miss the wine.
Great steaks; some great sides and some oddities, and under-cooked fish.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank zzuBzzuBTn

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nashville's BEST restaurant hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure to dine here for my birthday and I had the time of my life. I've had dinner at some of the finest restaurants but this was the BEST by far of any experience I've ever had in my life. I had about 8 in my party and the restaurant provided 3 of their best members. All were so attentive pouring every glass of champagne everyone sipped. Dinner was amazing with the portions much larger than I expected. Many fine restaurants say their sides are for two but I think Kayne Prime sides were meant for four, seriously. If you have the pleasure to have dinner here go for it, make sure you make your reservations about 2 weeks out at least to guarantee a table.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Anniversary Dinner that was wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had heard it was great, so we went, and it was. The service, the atmosphere, and the food
could not have been better. Have to try the beacon with cotton candy. I do not like kale, but their kale salad was delicious. But the steak (NY strip) was one of the best steaks I have ever had and I did not have their special steak. The sides were wonderful and plenty to split with someone else.
We will go again, and take someone with us so they too can experience it. The servers and waiters and staff was very helpful and efficient and everyone smiled. They like where they serve.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adman2013
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Next Level of Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This place is superb. I've eaten at quite a few fine dining restaurants in my life, and let me tell you, this establishment far supersedes any other restaurant by far. There is no substitute, at least within 350 miles in any direction. I order more food than I can eat just to take some home. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's fancy. But, it is perfect and worth every penny and then some. I've had all of the wagyu steaks, the salmon, all of the sides, the maple bacon appetizer, and the scallops appetizer. I can't try everything because I can't get away from what I had last time. Like I said, no substitute. I spend about $300-$400 when I go with my wife. Just remember that what you pay for is what you get.

• Visited April 2014
Miramar, Florida
“Holy Cow is an understatement here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure to be here with a group of about 20 people in a private room. The staff was fantastic...the food superb. I personally had the bone in ribeye and it was succulent and simply melted in my mouth. The desserts were yummy and all this feat food made our time as a group even more fun.

Thank you Kayne Prime!