“One of the Best Meals Ever”
Review of Kayne Prime

Kayne Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayne Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,053 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Ave S & McGavock St
Description: Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline. Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
“One of the Best Meals Ever”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband I recently visited Kayne Prime for our big night out in Nashville. I ordered the Wagyu strip steak and my husband had the bone in rib eye. Both were delicious. I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys a great steak in a very nice setting.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Steak”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We'll worth the visit! I had the Waygu filet and my fiancé had the 24 oz. bone in ribeye. We loved the corn and the risotto. We had the oysters as an appetizer.... They were just ok.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We enjoyed a meal at Kayne last night. It was one of the best meals we ever had in Nashville. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The steaks were the best we have had in Nashville. Also, before our meal, we enjoyed cocktails at the bar. The cocktails were very well done, and the bartenders were friendly. We will definitely be back.

Franklin
“Kayne Prime = PRIMETIME PETER LUGER OF NASHVIILE”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I want to share with you a newly discovered gem, I recently uncovered in the heart of Nashville. Kayne Prime is a 2 1/2 year old restaturant who seems to only grow in popularity by word of mouth only. I am a professional consumer of food who dines at the finest culinary retreats in The United States & I am here to declare Kayne Prime. Hands down the number one Steakhouse in Nashville & will emerge as a top 25 Steakhouse in this country within 5 years.

Kayne Prime is situated in a part of Nashville that kinda reminds me of The Meatpacking District in Manhattan, which basically runs from West 14th to Gansevoort St. called The Gulch. Kayne Prime is progressive restaurant by every measure of the word, while maintaining all the hallmarks of a classic Steakhouse. This restaurant has sleek sexy rustic way about it which only enchances one primal instinct to devouer the lushish prime meat thay have sourced from a well known butcher in the south, who only sells the best beef from the best cattle ranches in the country.

As of tonight, I don't know much about the chefs who run the backend, but I will be in contact with them to get a more definitive feel for what this restaurant is really all aobut. I have spent the last two nights dining with them & I'm sincerely impressed by the fact everyone who serves is required to know the menu inside out. This is a big deal because it shows that the chef and servers are committed to making sure you are served by people who understand every aspect of your dining experience. This is a superior quality to pocess in order to amplify your overall dining expreience by making your transition to there menu as effortless & less intimidating as possible.

Why did I phrase the last sentence of the last paragragh the way I did? Way to many reviewers give themselves to much credit for understanding something that they fully don't. It is one thing to dine at Ruth's Chris and procliam that you have just experienced the finest Cowboy Ribeye of your life. But it is a totatlly different animal to walk in to a truly sophicticated steakhouse and order a 24oz Rare Plus Boned In Ribeye from Kayne Prime.

For example, can you discuss in detail the grading scale used to rate Japanese beef? What part of The United States produces the grass, to produce the best grass fed cattle in our country? What type of cows produce the most marbling in the world? Hint? Is it a Cow or it is really a Bull? How does stress impact the flavor or tenderness of the cattle you will consume?

The debate will forever rage on between wet age vs dry age or grass fed vs corn feed. But one thing that sets Top Steakhouses like Peter Luger & Kayne Prime is the quality of Prime Beef that you source in to your restaurants in concert with the wonderful chef's who know how to handle superior Prime BEEF!

Finally, I place this review of Kayne Prime in Peter Luger's box to put you guys in the northeast ON NOTICE, that we are coming for you as The number one steakhouse in the land. Does this restaurant have a tall order to catch you? Yes! Can they do it? Based of my first impression of them without metting the chef's. They can give you a run for your money. I hope as we move into the future, Kayne Prime will emerge as a time honored culinary retreat just as respectable in our community as you are in your community.

Franklin, Tennessee
“Should be #1”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I laugh when I see Ice Cream Parlours and Hillbilly Foid Ranked higher on here...what is wrong with you people? Can't afford fine dining? From the bread ( really Yorkshire Pudding) to the excellent aged steaks...all 5 star. Save your money and try it..no dissapointment here.