“wow, for a first class dining experience”
Review of Kayne Prime

Kayne Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayne Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,137 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Ave S & McGavock St
Description: Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline. Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I travel and eat out many nights and almost every day for lunch. I was in Nashville with clients and we went to Kayne's with a group of 7 people. Everything was just first class, service food and wine. We had several appetisers including their "bacon" specialty. It was both unique and very tasty. The seafood tray was also very good and the seafood all very fresh with creative sauces to add to the special experience. Steaks were fork tender and the family style sides were also anything but bland. The corn with a creme brulee topping was especially good. If you are looking for someplace special that you will long remember than this is the place.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

After extensive research on where our "nice" night out in Nashville would be we settled on Kayne Prime. I am so glad we did! It was a beautiful night and since we arrived early for our reservation we took seats at the bar to enjoy a drink while we waited. From the moment we sat down the service was wonderful! Everyone greeted us with a smile and prompt service. The place is gorgeous and has s nice rustic feel to it. We were seated at the time of our reservation and loved the open air part of the dining area!!! Tony was our waiter and his recommendations were spot on! Everything was delish...house made bacon, filet, creamed corn!!! Our wine was excellent too! This is fine dining at its best! Great job to the "m street" folks and congratulations on living up to the reputation!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I went for a special night out and Kayne Prime was fantastic. It wasn't the best steaks we've ever had, but it was up in the top 3. The bacon with the maple syrup cotton candy was to die for. As a few others have said, the restaurant was a bit loud, but not overly so. We could easily still carry on a conversation at our table without screaming at each other. I would highly reccomend Kayne Prime for a great night out or that special occasion.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice change to the usual fare. Great room, vibe and food. Some unique choices as well. Very much worth a try if you are in Nashville often enough. Hard to find anything bad to say

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited Kayne Prime for my birthday in February. After hearing much positive buzz about the place, I finally got to try it. Let me say I have eaten at every upscale steak house in Nashville with the lone exception of Ruth Chris and Kayne Prime blows them all away, and at Kayne Prime its not just the great cuts of meat either.

We started off with the black kale salad, which my wife and I still rave about, along with the in house made black peppercorn bacon with maple cotton candy on top-Delish!

For the main course we split 2 dishes. Eagerly, like starving wild dogs, we dove into the progression of NY Strip that had
3oz of each, sous vide style: U.S.D.A. Prime, American Wagyu, Australian Wagyu. What a tasting adventure this was to compare the different cuts! Next, and both of our personnel favorites, was the Wagyu Filet Mignon. The was simply the best piece of meat either of us has ever had- end of story, the bar has been raised (Sperry's, Flemming's, Morton's, and Stoney River, you are here by put on notice). Along with this we had the baby button mushrooms with pepperoni and also the Potato Aligot- gruyère, cheddar, crème fraîche. The potato dish was to die for as well. We are very eager to go back and try some of the other dishes as clearly KaynePrime not only knows how to put out the best steak in town but their sides are really something unto themselves.

Yes it is expensive, food of this caliber does not come cheap so be prepared, but in a day and age of so many pretenders and want to be fine dining experiences Kayne Prime seemed to one of the few actually worth the cost. As a lifelong resident of the area this the best meal I have ever had in Nashville. Go there now thank me later.