“The Inn at Opryland”

Ranked #69 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Windsor, Canada
“The Inn at Opryland”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is an ok motel at best. It is dated and needs some upgrading.

The atrium is not an atrium at all.......it's the pool/children's play area. It is okay if you enjoy listening to children run around and screaming.

One would think that the room would have a bar fridge. Apparently you have to request one. I made the mistake of not asking for one when the reservation was made and couldn't get one. You can only get one if you request one and there is one available. Who knew??

The bathrooms are tiny.

The next time I come to Nashville I will not hesitate to spend a few extra bucks and I will be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay at a nice motel!
4 Thank tm_k155019

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2013

1st night- stayed in exterior room. Had to listen to drunk people the entire night walk by, and a group of people which took there party to the outside top area, vs their room.
Called front desk and asked them to have someone ask them to takeout inside, which never happened. Woke our child up several times being loud and disrespectful in my opinion.

2nd night, asked for interior room.
They did accommodate this.
But, was just as worse then the other room... Had to listen to the loud children in the pool all night long, and people walking and talking down by the pool.

This is a very loud, poorly designed hotel.

I would highly suggest never staying here unless you are ready to stay up all night listening to drunk people or children in the pool.

The beds are horrific. Sleep number beds that are like sleeping on an air mattress. Terrible.

Front desk is not reliable or service minded.

Never be back.

Room Tip: Honestly isn't. The way this place is designed is so wrong.
3 Thank Serviceminded1
PA
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I and another couple stayed here for "fan fair". We had a package deal that included our rooms, shuttle, and tickets to all the concerts (Thursday through Sunday)

Rooms were very clean, beds were extremely comfortable, service was wonderful. The only complaint would be the bathrooms - they are quite small. Nothing the hotel can do about that! I had read reviews about it being noisy but I thought the rooms were for the most part sound-proof (a group of motorcycles stopped at the restaurant across the street one morning and that was the only "noise" I heard) I was able to go right back to sleep :)

If you want fancy go across the street to The Opryland Hotel and Convention Center. I say stay here, it's easier on the pocket :) since you have access to everything across the street anyway- they have an outside pool there is only an inside pool/hot tub at The Inn at Opryland.

All in all we had a wonderful time...if you never been to Nashville, put it on your bucket list a great time was had by all.

California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The room was decorated about the same as any chain type hotel. TV, table with desk chair, wi-fi, small fridge, easy chair. It was very clean and was cleaned with towels replaced daily on a regular basis. Check in staff very friendly,. They have shuttles running to Oprlyand about 5 minutes away, the Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mills Mall (free) and a shuttle for downtown, maybe 15 to 20 minutes away leaving hourly that cost $30 for three days with unlimited back and forth, drops you off at the Ryman or Wildhorse saloon. The room we were in faced inward to an enclosed air conditioned "courtyard" with a meeting area and swimming pool, sometimes during the day you can hear kids at the pool but it was fairly quiet at night. If you're looking to get a tan sitting by the pool this is probably not the place for you. :) Don't take the shuttle from the hotel to the aiport, the taxi is cheaper.

Room Tip: An outside facing room may be quieter, but then you have traffic instead of noisy kids. Your call!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our group had no choice but change hotels at the last minute on the eve of the CMAs. We received outstanding treatment by the personnel at The Inn at Opryland and it is a beautiful place to stay.
The only downside is it quite a distance from Broadway, The Ryman and the Country Music Hall of Fame but it is a terrific place to stay and it was still worth the long cab ride.

Thank you to all at the Inn at Opryland :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Gaylord Hotel at Opryland. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our stay was most enjoyable. When it came time to check and we received our final bill, I questioned a charge for the mobility scooter we had rented for my husband since he is handicapped. We were originally told the cost would be $40 a day but on the bill we were charged $50 a day. When I questioned this charge I was told the cost was $50 not $40. I told the woman on the phone they need to inform their employees of the correct charge. The hotel made no effort to give us the price we were originally told. We should have been charged the price we were originally told. We feel this is bad customer service. Not happy with this.

Streamwood, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was unimpressed with this hotel. We had an outside room, facing the front of the hotel, above the smoker used to cook meat for the restaurant. An awful location!@ I was hoping now that Marriott manages the property it would be what I expect from a Marriott but it was not. I would not stay there again. The hotel property and rooms need some major updating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends