“Far more than I expected.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas
“Far more than I expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was kind of torn on this hotel….because of the noise and the mistake with the double beds I can only give them 3 stars but the things they got right they completely slam dunked. I was very pleasantly surprised the room was nice and not run down or 20 years old, had my concerns because of the flood in 2010 but It was very clean, nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable with lots of down pillows and very nice linens (big plus) . It had a tiny bathroom but had a decent vanity. No flood smell, hooray!! There was nothing luxury about it however I was expecting a lot less. There was a coffee maker.

One of the first things I noticed was how extremely nice everyone I encountered was even from the moment I got on the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The lady I purchased my shuttle ticket from at the airport was so nice and helpful I was stunned ( the shuttle was $40 for a round trip but make sure you ask for a discount if you are with a group) The Bus driver told me all about Nashville and what I needed to go see….amazing. Make sure you go over to the Gaylord convention center and the new mall….there is a free shuttle that goes every 30 min. I’m so mad at myself for not writing down names because this was the nicest most helpful staff I’ve ever encountered and I’ve stayed a 5 star hotels!!! Kudos on that!

I had room #3051 which had an outside door, some of the rooms have inside entry doors I would suggest you ask for an inside room because my room was noisy. I couldn’t hear the people next door but I could hear people talking and walking by my door loud and clear. Because my room was the one before you go back inside the hotel common areas of the hotel people would stop and talk there….this was annoying at 6 am.

When I got to the room I realized it was a double room and not a king as we requested. They didn’t have any more king rooms for the dates and we were stuck :( I honestly think if they could’ve move me they would have. I also requested two robes which arrived minutes after I checked the room with surprise slippers :)

Every time I went to the restaurant the bar staff went out of their way to be helpful. They hooked me up with to-go containers of cream and roses lime juice so I could make drinks in my room, the restaurant hostesses where also very helpful and one of them held my purse while I went through the breakfast buffet. Room service was always fast and perfect every time. I ordered a hamburger twice and my friend had the ribs twice. The room service staff were complete professionals when coming in the room and I really appreciated this.

I have to send a special shout out to housekeeping, these people took care of me like I was a queen…..never have I seen housekeeping go so far out of their way to accommodate. I stopped one African American lady (It matters because I can't remember her name) and she dropped everything to come and clean my room right then and it wasn’t even her room!!!!! Plus she gave me extra amenities and towels, I actually helped her clean the room she was so nice. These people MAKE you want to tip them….that’s how you do it. On other days I got the same treatment from other housekeepers….I needed my room cleaned at certain specific times and of course it was a mess. When they said they were going to come back they actually did. Amazing.

The common areas of the hotel were very nice and welcoming; this is a great family or business hotel. The only major thing was the noise outside of my room…..it was very loud…and you could hear the bus pulling up all day long. There is a liquor store within walking distance about a block but no CVS , Walgreens or Walmart so if you forget something you are stuck unless you want to get it from the tiny shop in the lobby. I would put this Radisson up against some Doubletee hotels I have stayed at for way more money with horrific service.

Room Tip: Ask for a indoor entry room ....my outdoor room was noisey .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WellTraveledLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We arrived late on a Friday and the room we were given looked like it was still in use by someone else. They gave us another room and gave us 1 night free. The pool was the best part of this hotel. And also that it's close to Opry Mills. I just wish the trip would have been better due to the problems we had.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Hkeitel
Chicago IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

The room was facing the highway and got a lot of traffic noise the whole time. One morning the hot water was out in the entire hotel. I was there for business and had to go to a convention without a shower. The shower curtains had mold on them. I realize it's humid there but it's not ok. All in all I wasn't too pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TNRadissonOpryland, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Guest
I truly apologize that you encounter a negative experience at our hotel. We take your feedback seriously and are taking immediate action to resolve the issue you report. In addition I do apology that you experience noise from the traffice. I will be reaching out to you to see how we can resolve your concerns.
Sincerely
Jennifer
Rooms Division Manager
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days, staying in a king bed room. Our room was right across from the pool, which could get noisy but not too bad. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. The only draw back for me was location, I needed to be downtown for 2 shows that my band was playing in and needed to take a cab a couple of times. It will cost $30 for a cab each way, but that wasn't the hotels fault, just mine. Overall a great stay and we would still stay there again. Next time I would probably bring my own car.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Brian O
Worthing, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I got the corner room on the third floor, right by the road, and with the door closed I could still hear the traffic. Nevertheless, overnight it was fairly quiet and this didn't disturb my slumber on the gorgeous bed. No complaints from this traveller about the mattress or the bedding.

The room itself was well-appointed and spotlessly clean. However, I wondered why the bathroom and dressing area were so compact when space was so plentiful.

Judging by other comments, the recent refurbishment was money well-spent. From my perspective, it was a great hotel and good value. The free shuttle to the Grand Ole Opry was wonderful (and operated after the post-show backstage tour, too) and the Backstage Grill was still open on our return (around 11pm), offering tasty food and fun entertainment. The waiting staff were superb and their onstage singing abilities incredible.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room unless the indoor pool area is busy, in which case ask for a room away from t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RaveDJ
Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Easy checkin if you beat the late afternoon crowds. Friendly staff. Good location with free shuttle to the Grand Ole Opry.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Housekeeping goes around at 9am on Sunday banging on every door three times and yelling "HOUSEKEEPING!" until someone just happens to not be asleep. Kind of bothersome if you've had a late night, perhaps at a certain nearby concert venue?
Also the pool is right in the middle of all the rooms. Fine if you have kids who yell from 10am until 10pm but probably not the best place for you if you wanted a good night sleep or the opportunity to sleep in.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep ask for a room that is not anywhere near the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple