“Not BAD”
Review of Back Alley Diner

Back Alley Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Back Alley Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 2,151 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Nice local eatery. They had live music but it was NOT over bearing so we could have a conversation during dinner. The food was good and the service was spot on. It's located in a back Alley so you need to look for it. We had salads which were pretty big and fresh.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Best jalapeno popper I have ever eaten. The burgers we ordered were great also. The fork and knife burger needed to have more chili to really need utensils though. Wanted to go again before leaving town but couldn't work it out. BAD!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place has good beer and great pub food at a very reasonable price. Going downtown you often get over-priced tourist traps when looking for a place to have a drink and a meal. B.A.D. has a stellar happy hour and boasts some tasty daily specials. The owners go out of their way to make sure everyone has a blast and the local crowd is very friendly. I recommend the burgers and soups paired with one of their local drafts. I'm fast becoming a regular!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went there after touring downtown on nov.15,its off printers alley.Had a couple of drinks with wife and decided to stay and eat.The bartender said the burger where real good,so we each got one. She got the homemade chips that were ok,i got the battered fries, we though they were a lot better.Stayed around for happy hour,you get one dollar off dom. beers which makes it 2.50 thats a bargain in Nashville.Was in town for three days this turned out to be the best meal and most value for our money. Its a old building with an exposed brick interior,pretty roomy,nice atomspere,will return.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Back Alley Diner or B.A.D is a bit hard to find. Even with a gps and directions I had to ask 2 people along the way. The good thing to know is that it is near the Arcade near 4th st. We parked in the lot directly going into Printers Alley. Walk down printer's alley with Showgirls on your left, go to the white lot and make a left. Go up that alley to the next street and you will see Arcade diagonally to the right across the street. Walk through there and down one of the alleys you will see their sign. I can't remember if it is the first or second alley to your left. I was so proud of myself when I found it. Once you go inside, you are surprised at how cool it is and is much bigger than you expect.
We had a fantastic Bloody Mary to start, fried potato chips, homemade (absolutely delicious) gumbo, and the best knife and fork chili burger I may have ever had! I will definitely go back here when we return to Nashville.
Service was also spot on. We were greeted promptly and given anything we needed quickly. I give this place 3 thumbs up! :)

1  Thank Emily M