“Good takes on good stuff”
Review of Wild Hare - CLOSED

Wild Hare
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped at this rather new place because it's not easy to find food on Sunday. I'm glad we did. Located in a location that has had and lost numerous restaurants in the past, the Wild Hare makes good use of interesting contrasts in shape, texture, and color to create variations on dishes that are now standard at less imaginative venues. Food arrived hot and fresh, the dressings and toppings all seem to be made in-house, and we were very pleased with everything we chose. I was especially impressed with the fried mushrooms in beer batter. They were juicy and not too greasy, flavorful without too much spice or salt, and came with a terrific dipping sauce. Do not miss the pizzas! Crust is just chewy enough, toppings are bright and well-balanced. While you're there, be sure to look for the art hiding in plain sight. Even electrical connections are turned into day-glo seascapes.

There are newer reviews for Wild Hare

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My hubby and I went here for a casual date night and were pleasantly suprised. The food was excellent and pricing was very reasonable. Our server was also excellent. Highly recommend the lobster pizza. great place!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great food, great price, great service, great selection. Highly recommended. Pizza, salads, burgers, sandwiches, entrees, desserts - all unique.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Title says it all. I've been several times. Consistently excellent. I love the catfish. Tasted friend's trout. I don't like trout. This was delicious. Gourmet pizza is outstanding. Shortribs as a special was as good as I've ever had anywhere.

Small and can be noisy with happy hour groups having fun. Week nights after 7 is fine. GO!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is good and the beer is cold. The owner is a former teacher and has set up a good restaurant. It is usually packed, but you won't wait long for a table. The parking is adequate. The location on White Bridge Road is convenient ot the interstate. There is a small outside eating area on a deck. I would take my family or my out of town company here.

2  Thank HappyCamper409