Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed last week off June, celebrated our 25th anniversary. Really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was GREAT, went above and beyond. Good location, pool was nice, the free breakfast and shuttle was a added bonus.
The Pennell's

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us for your 25th anniversary at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

We sincerely appreciate your warm acknowledgements about our proximity towards our vibrant entertainment district; clean rooms; great pool, and for complimenting my team of colleagues for their friendliness. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

From extra wash cloths to a shuttle/taxi ride the staff has it covered. A simple text from your phone does it and does it within minutes. Very clean hotel, safe surroundings, comfortable sleeping and convenient to everything. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Our reputation is built on outstanding guest service; and your appraisal of our prompt service, clean/comfortable guest rooms, and proximity in downtown Nashville within a stone’s throw to all the attractions really hit home for my team. It truly brings us great joy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us, and that you would recommend our hotel property for others. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our text engagement platform that we have with our guests. A simple text is all you need to send, and it is directly tied into our front desk computer for a quick response. We like to make things incredibly convenient and comfortable so you can enjoy our beautiful city.

Next time your travels bring you back to Nashville I hope we will have another opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Compared to others that are close to downtown (that means within walking distance), this hotel does the job. Cheaper than others, however I felt that parking was expensive at $22 for one night. Checked price on TripAdvisor, then walked in and asked for price. They actually were $10 cheaper at the front desk. Air conditioner in room was mediocre. I would have liked it to be a little cooler and less noisy. Overall experience was okay. Just traveling thru for one night and it met expectations.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

I am pleased to read that we met your expectations at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Your recommendation towards our brand on TripAdvisor is truly the name of the game for us. While we offer discount rates on various 3rd party websites, you can always simply walk-in and usually find an alternative price with us at the front desk that meets or exceeds the 3rd party. Thank you for inspiring us to go above and beyond what is expected to continually offer great comfort, value, and convenience to our guests.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

An old and worn-down room. An air-conditioning unit that looks and sounds like a tractor. The vending machine on my floor was out of water all the six days during my stay. The vending machine on the floor below did not accept bills. One of the last night, the hotel was evacuated at 3:30 am due to a fire alarm due to a technical problem woth the elevator (no fire).
The front desk was almost constantly under staffed, you had to wait in line if you had a question to ask. The breakfast room was too small for the number of guests, and the quality of the food as bad as what you find at too many US hotels: Strange scrambled "egg" made from powder. Really terrible coffee. And so on. This was definitly not worth the price (more than USD 250 per night).
My next hotel on the same trip was a Holiday Inn in Madrid. Half the price. Spotless, new and clean room. Breakfast with scrambled eggs made from eggs. Really good coffee. Fresh perssed orange juice. Friendly and abundant staffing. The contrast was just staggering.
If I ever come to Nashville again I will go out of my way to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know if it is possible to ask the staff for a room that is not adjacent to rooms with pa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Egil O
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your detailed experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. While your review is certainly troubling to read and rather bizarre, I definitely appreciate the opportunity to respond on behalf of the hotel.

With respect to your review, I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance of what appears to be a myriad of unusual issues that you experienced during your stay with us. Did you report this inconvenience to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with various concerns. Regardless of the issue experienced, my team and I would have gladly made it right with you so as to not leave dissatisfied. Unfortunately, I've run into a brick wall researching your issues because we have absolutely no record of your stay, or the concerns detailed in your review. While the inability not to validate any of your concerns is indeed peculiar, I would like to point out that your impressions of our hotel are not like many that have stayed with us based on the feedback we receive; as well as our 86% customer satisfaction index on TripAdvisor (89% for the month of July 2014); which is above our competitive set in the market.

Please reach out to me at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to research each review with you individually.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel's biggest advantage is that it is about 10-15 minutes walk to Downtown and the many bars with live music. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although it was good to have breakfast included in the price, to be honest the food was pretty poor with plastic cutlery and plates.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

I appreciate you taking the time to outline our picture-perfect downtown location in the heart of Music City. While we appreciate your 3 star review, my team and I really want to give you our award winning 5 star experience. Please let me know the next time your travel plans bring you back to Nashville and I will make sure we roll out the red carpet for you!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here while he attended a conference. Because it was within walking distance to the conference we stayed there.
Breakfast was very well done and complimentary. In the mid afternoon they set up a flavored water and cookie table in the lobby.
The pool area outside is dated and needs a make over.
This hotel was really clean and the staff were helpful although check in was an ordeal, as we flew in early and tried to check in at 1PM, they didn't want to accommodate us until after 4PM.
Parking is a bit pricey at 22$/ day and considering the room per night is very pricey to begin with.
We had originally booked for 5 nights and decided to rent a car with Expedia and got a good deal and moved out closer to the airport which was only about 6 miles. Saved 500$ by doing so.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank perciville
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

On behalf of my team, I am terribly sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. Yes, hotels 6-8 miles away towards Nashville International Airport are considerably more on the cost effective side; but they do not offer the convenience and the overall energy feel of being downtown. With that said, we are very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We take guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service, and readily welcome both positive and constructive comments alike.

I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans ever bring to the city of Nashville.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Chose this property for the proximity to walking down to the bars, restaurants on lower Broadway. Location is great...very short walk. Even ok in the 95 degree heat this past weekend! they have a shuttle, but we didn't bother using it. The only day we did inquire about using it was Sunday evening since it looked like it might rain. Well, no shuttle on Sunday.
Having read several reviews on the property about the old rooms, and some reviews that had said some rooms seemed to be a little updated, I requested that we be given newer rooms. It is evident that this is an older property when you are in the hallways...the doors to the rooms have many coats of paint, and are old in appearance. We did seem to have a fairly updated room, so I have no complaints with the condition of our room. The shower was great... Lots of hot water, good water pressure. Bed and pillows were very comfy.
Breakfast...typical selection of cereals, scrambled eggs, meats, pancakes, yogurt, etc.
We did not use the pool( was pretty crowded the few times I went out to check it out), and I didn't bother since it was rather crowded.
Exercise room...didn't use it either, but it looked nice enough.
On Friday and Saturday afternoon, the hotel had a girl in the lobby playing guitar and singing, and they had some food and ice water and lemonade as well. This was nice after being out and about all day, to come in and grab a snack and cold drink and listen to the music.
Overall I think this is a decent property...it is nothing fancy, which is why I am giving 3 stars instead of 4.
My only issues with our stay are parking and the fire alarm. Parking is $22 per day. The spaces in the garage are limited, so on a busy weekend, they run out of spaces. There is an overflow lot for the Christian Life Center that can be used...which we did, since there were no other spaces available. I have stayed in other cities comparable to Nashville (not Holiday Inn properties), and for $20 per day had valet parking...to come and go as often as you wanted. Fire alarm...went off our first night there around 3 AM. So...we went outside, since it seemed most everyone else on our floor was. Ended up being a false alarm I guess...FD showed up and gave the all clear to go back inside. But we never did hear from the hotel what happened. An explanation would have been nice.
I would stay here again if I were in Nashville to go downtown. If visiting for some other purpose, I would stay elsewhere, since this is an expensive property.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank funsandybeach
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for electing to share your experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

My team and I sincerely appreciate you taking notice of our location, complimentary breakfast, comfortable guestroom, and amenities. Our goal is to provide excellent service; and we are 110% committed into exceeding our guests expectations to ultimately reach this objective. We want to give you the best value for your money, and we can't thank you enough for inspiring us to further excel in giving our valued guests the service that is beyond comparable. With that said, I am terribly sorry about the mishap with our fire alarm and our parking charge. Unfortunately, we can’t always anticipate when our fire alarm will go off; but we are fortunate to know that it was a false alarm and not a real emergency. In regards to parking, our daily parking rate of $22.00 is actually on the more cost effective side when it comes to downtown hotel parking. Our parking rate, as well as other incidentals, are clearly noted to each and every guest when confirming reservations just so there isn’t a surprise. I am disappointed to read that our false alarm and parking charge and prevented you from fully enjoying your stay.

As you comment and appreciate our staffs efforts, we appreciate you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.